• This topic has 55 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by toby1.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Faux pas
  • GreenK
    Free Member

The following list show what strength of character I have to have to actually get on a bike! 😀 As a cyclist everything about me and my gear is a Faux Pas!

1. I am very over weight – in fact fat.

2. None of my riding gear matches. Even without the fat I need big clothes so have to buy what fits! When you’re fat what fits needs to be loose fitting. Most cycling gear appears to have the wrong size written on it – usually by a factor of two sizes! I wear XL in everyday clothes but frequently have to find XXXL in riding gear. I often look like a rodeo clown on a bike!

3. My MTB is a Specialized and is 7 years old complete with small wheels. It is made of metal. It has a triple and the granny could definitely be smaller! The cassette is an 11-36.

4. My road bike is an old Boardman frame that I got for £60 quid from Re-cycle. It has a slightly damaged Campag Veloce groupset (compact of course) and a 13-29 cassette. I weigh so much I don’t have to pedal downhill to go fast. A pair of tubeless wheels that I built myself – this in itself creates a fair few funny looks. The fork is Kinesis. The stem points upwards and there is a maximum stack on top of an already huge stearer tube. I’d like more height here but run the risk of riding a chopper.

Watty

I win, I win, my road bike’s got three, yes three chainrings!

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

I ride a boardman Team FS, that i bought from Halfords. You all lose!

nach
    Free Member

Posting about tyres on STW.

eightyeight
    Free Member

I own a Trek Madone AND a Boardman FS from Halfords. I also run the pedals it came with.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Loads..

Both MTB’s have small wheels and no carbon. One even has coil forks and 1 1/8th steerer…and isn’t dropper post compatible.

I also where some green stuff and don’t race Enduro…I just liked it.

I use a hydration pack and don’t fill it with everthing under the sun – just the basics.

I ride trail centres and even enjoy them (I know that’s worthy of an STW lynching).

My road bike is a Specialized and I used a saddle bag.

I tend to wear lots of Scott stuff because its cheap from Start Cycles despite riding said Specialized.

I don’t shave my legs despite wearing lycra.

I don’t like riding my road bike in the wet despite what the rules say.

I use two water bottles for longer rides and they don’t match.

There’s probably lots more too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

triple on the road bike

riser bars and bar ends

therevokid
    Free Member

I don’t wear shades when riding my road bike ….

ottocat
    Free Member

I ride a Folder

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

…damn, forgot to add that it still has the pedals it came with, too!

timidwheeler

I wear Fox Racing baggy shorts and Five Ten flats on my drop handlebar bike.
    My hardtail has huge 80s style bar ends.

finbar
    Free Member

I used to do iron-distance triathlons. That whole enterprise is a cycling faux pas.

ads678

I also have a triple on the road bike, and have never used the granny ring.

poah
    Free Member

none – couldn’t give a crap what anyone else thinks.

GHill

On my ‘bike of many hats’ (CdF):

[list][*]Full length mudguards[/*]
    [*]Saddlebag[/*]
    [*]Cheap flat pedals[/*]
    [*]5-10s[/*]
    [*]Baggies[/*]
    [*]Dork disc[/*]
    [*]Hamax bracket[/*]
    [*]Not a care in the world[/*][/list]

toby1

Anyone who has said barends on risers should probably just leave!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Faux pas’ is closed to new replies.