• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Faulty Nintendo game….take 2
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

😀
    When Mario kart 8 first came out I got it as a family game.
    Then a update came though…and then the problems came …the game froze during races to a point where we stopped playing…don’t worry I said give it a few months and there will be a newer update and it will fix it, so the game didn’t get played for while.
    2 months ago I thought…hey we got Mario kart 8 , there must be a update so we can all play again….well there was but now the game just didn’t work anymore, once the download was completed it just froze on the home page and when you turned the console off to try again it doesn’t recognise the disc .( and you can’t delete the uploads because it won’t let you play unless you upload…oh it’s a merry circle)

So I contact Nintendo ….and sent it to them so they could check it as long as I add the proof of purchase (£38 I paid for the game)

Today I get a letter from them…telling me what I’ve already told them…and for them to “fix it” I have to pay £31?????
    Which pretty much means …they ain’t fixing nothing ,but want me to buy the game again!! (£69 seems a bit expensive for Mario kart 8?? 👿 )
    Can this be right ??…..is there anything I can do

legend
    Free Member

2nd time round and I still don’t understand what’s going on

oliverd1981
    Free Member

where did you buy it?

xora

Weird, it seems to be a common fault looking at google. The internet wisdom seems to be turn off your wifi and it will load in offline mode fine!

rockhopper70

I’ve got MK8 and it runs fine on my Wii u.
    Was it the update when the extra tracks and cars were added, the paid for dlc content?
    What I can’t get my head around is how they can fix software by sending the disc back. Surely, either it loads right or it doesn’t, or is that too simple.
    I presume all your other games work OK as I wondered if the memory on the Wii u, where the updates are stored, is corrupt?
    What size disc do you have, 8gb or 32gb? Is it nearly full and preventing the updates storing?

I’m not an IT expert, just a fellow Wii u owner so making random suggestions but I feel your pain as MK8 is brilliant. The number of Cadbury fudges I have won from the kids* in Grand Prix challenges is legendary in our house.

*tempers that somewhat as my 9yo lad is very quickly getting the knack and I fear it’s going to start costing me!

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah this is a different story to yesterdays –

wonder what tomorrows will be….

ruud gullet sitting on a shed perhaps?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Seems to be the same story, just written using a bit more grammar and punctuation.

Why didn’t you take it back where it came from?

trail_rat
    Free Member

naw yesterday nintendo paid the OP 38 quid for the game.

today they didnt pay for the game.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Faulty Nintendo game….take 2’ is closed to new replies.