Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Faulty Iphone
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Missus has a IPhone 4s which is on Orange 24 month contract and she has had it 9 months. It always stays in a protective case and has a screen protector and has never been dropped or water damaged. Now when taking phone calls she has to use the loudspeaker as calls are inaudible, the power button requires a very hard push to operate. Now is this up to Orange to replace or take it to apple shop in Manchester 25 miles away.

jam-bo

if you take it to the apple shop, you’ll have a new one about ten minutes later.

not sure about the orange approach.

bigblackshed

As Jam Bo says. 12 month warranty with Apple.

Tell Orange you want a new phone under warranty. No bulls**t about insurance. They are the vendor and your contract of sale is with them.

Cougar

Your (sales, not phone) contract is with Orange, it’s their legal duty to deal with problems.

That said, you might get a better service direct with Apple.

CountZero

But first of all, make sure the phone is fully backed up. Then you restore from last backup. That doesn’t include music, btw, so if she has music on it, make sure there’s a playlist of the phone’s music, then you just drag that playlist back onto the new phone.
    Or start from scratch, depending… 😀

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It’s probably better me going with her I think don’t want her being mugged off. But she will be glad to get it fixed then it’s getting flogged for a HTC as she thinks it’s a crap phone.

Cougar

Nexus 4, then.

althepal

Had similar a similar problem with mine about ten months in- what was said above is true. Guessing orange will tell you to go into the apple store- your wife will be out ten minutes later with an as-new phone. I’m not convinced its a brand new phone- prob more likely a refurb one- albeit one that looks brand new.
    I really couldn’t fault the service though, the guy backed it up for me, did a few things on his own iPhone type device, took a “new” phone out of a plain white box (of which there were dozens in the drawer), pressed a few more buttons on his big iPhone thing and handed me my new phone which had everything on it, my prev phone log, contacts, music and even my browsing history.. A bit scary but very slick and deffo impressive.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Just got to find the sales receipt. That’s why I suggested going to Orange first. Do I need to book a appointment with Apple or just walk in?

Drac

It’s easier to book an appointment, you won’t really need the receipt they will be able to check when you bought it.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Well and update she went into Orange/EE and if she pays an extra 35 quid a month she gets put on a 4g contract and now has a Samsung Galaxy S3.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

an extra 35 quid over what???? I pay £35 a month for an iPhones five on 4G and unlimited everything… The S3’s an outgoing phone innit?

nickjb
    Free Member

Well and update she went into Orange/EE and if she pays an extra 35 quid a month she gets put on a 4g contract and now has a Samsung Galaxy S3.

That’s a terrible deal!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I mean a extra 5 so 30 a month to 35 quid.

jam-bo

now take the iphone into the appe store, get a replacement one and flog it on ebay.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

What is the warranty period with Apple to take a phone to an Apple store as above? Mine is about 16 months old and only one of the external speakers works……..

nealglover
    Free Member

What is the warranty period with Apple to take a phone to an Apple store as above? Mine is about 16 months old and only one of the external speakers works……..

Official warranty is 12 months

But apple are very good with customer service and goodwill. Mine was replaced at 18 months for a battery issue.

Although I think you may find that the “speaker” that’s not working is actually the external microphone ?? 😉

wysiwyg
    Free Member

They’re really cracking down on out of warranty since the EU LAW thing. They’ll refer you to the original supplier who is under 2 year warranty law

CountZero

That’s the only one it’s got, the other’s the mic…

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Hhhmmmmm. Weird. But that would explain it ! Well in that case te single speaker isn’t working right then! The sound is quiter than my sons and slightly distorted. I shall ake it to the Apple altar and see what they say !

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh the old ‘problem’ misunderstood by everyone…..

iPhones only have one speaker. The other is a microphone. Google it if you don’t believe me. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

iPhones only have one speaker. The other is a microphone. Google it if you don’t believe me.

If only someone had mentioned it sooner 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Faulty Iphone’ is closed to new replies.