Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Faulty Goods, What is a fair waiting period?
  • splorer

I had to return a piece of kit back in April. The on-line retailer received it and has told me that their supplier is out of stock of this item and is waiting for more to come in. So it has been about 2 months now, and I am wondering if I should wait much longer or try to get a refund? I am not badly stuck without this item but would like to get it resolved soon.

scaredypants

can you get it at the same price elsewhere ?

has your vendor committed to getting you a new replacement when available ?

can you check with the supplier somehow when stock’s coming (and that it’s really out of stock) ?

splorer

Scaredypants- Answers are – No, yes , Don’t know who the supplier is but this item seems to be not on the site at the moment…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You right to a refund – your choice. ~Thats more than long enough to wait – you have two different bits of law ( assuming a UK company) that says you entitled to your money back.

Look up Sale of Goods act and Distance selling regs.

Refund / replace / repair – your choice.

Junkyard
    Free Member

a lot less than you have been waiting IMHO.
    That said if they cant get it they cant get it so your choice as to how long you are willing to wait for this item.

scaredypants

you have the right to refund – maybe not 100% depending how much use you’ve had out of the part (is this true ? – grown-ups please confirm)

if you still want the part, think about who’s going to have one at all if supplier really is out of stock. Then think about how much it’ll cost you from them

only you can answer as to whether it’s worth the wait

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

yes – more or less scaredypants. Your right to a refund if the goods are not satisfactory.

Its a contract – yo pay the money, they supply you with teh goods in satisfactory condition. They fail on their side of the contract then you are entitled to compensation – the value of the goods that you never got,

Retailers and there are some on here will tell you this is not right and try to wriggle out but it is clear. If the goods are faulty then refund replace repair – your choice

scaredypants

thanks teej – it’s the “not necessarily 100%” I wasn’t sure about. If you use the thing for a while before it breaks, can you still have 100% ? (then we’re on to what’s “a while” ?)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

if you have had use from it then a partial refund might be in order. Something that has a life of two years but breaks after 6 months a 3/4 refund would be right as thats your loss.

Roughly speaking

splorer

Thanks for the replies, the item returned will as no suprise, an adjustable seatpost..

scoobmw
    Free Member

Interesting – which kind of dropper ? And in what way did it fail ?

splorer

It was a KS i900 and it started to develop gouges in the slider from early on. Previously I had a Maverick Speedball that gave lots of trouble as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Faulty Goods, What is a fair waiting period?’ is closed to new replies.