Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Fatty Tyres
  • roverpig

Looks great. Now get it muddy 🙂

As I understand it, there is one model of the Dude that comes with 4.8″ tyres (with the dropouts in the rear position), so you’ve got the option to go bigger if you want.

I think somebody published some tests showing the rolling resistance decreased a fair bit when you went tubeless on a fat tyre, so it’s not just the weight saving to consider.

Anyway, have fun with it.

motozulu
    Free Member

Looks lovely that does. So close to getting one it was only the 20% off the Fatty Trail on Crimbo Day that stopped me.
    No regrets though – for all that’s been said about On Ones own rims – I bloody love it. Out again today and had a blast.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Not found any increased drag tubeless. All depends the pressures you run i think.

Mugboo

I have a Dune and I’m running Floaters at the moment. I also have the Juggernauts that it came with. Do I need Jumbo Jim’s while they are cheap?

On my FS I run a minion or Shorty up front and a minion or crossmark at the back.

I imagine I’ll keep a Floater up front all year but will a Juggernaut do at the back for summer or will a JJ be better?

Cheezpleez

Dunno about the JJs but I’ve ordered some to find out. I swapped my rear Floater for a Maxxis Mammoth (£39.99 at On-One) in the summer for a noticeable decrease in drag. It’s a bit slippy in the slop, though.

Mugboo

Which ones did you order?

motozulu
    Free Member

JJ’s are bloody awful in mud – seriously. I am sure they will be a great summer tyre but…can’t wait to fit the Nates I’ve got coming.
    Foolishly tried to follow a mate down a clayish descent today – he was on floaters and sailed through…me, off on the first bend.

Mugboo

Cheezepleaze, read about your choice on the other thread.

Floaters are great, heavy but great.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Fatty Tyres’ is closed to new replies.