Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Fatty Trail
  • kateezdad2
    Free Member

First proper run out on the Fatty Trail. Blutos & drilled rims as standard plus carbon Knuckleball bars makes for a very comfy ride. Loved it straight out of the box. (Still got to mess with stem height etc).

Bregante

Wirral Peninsular / Hilbre?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Kippford area I’d say!

crispyrice

I have a fatty with 120mm blutos and drilled rims which I love! Is there much difference in the frames? Would it be wortg the upgrade? I prefer the look of the standard fatty…

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’m going for Stockport area

kateezdad2
    Free Member

Oooh good game…. Blundellsands Sailing Club at the mouth of the River Alt.

@crispyrice I had the original Fatty with drilled rims and carbon fork which I also loved until it got nicked out of the shed. For no particular reason I decided to give the Trail a go and I’m not disappointed, but in saying that it would be hard to justify it as an upgrade to the Fatty as the Fatty does everything just as well.

crispyrice

Just what I wanted to hear 🙂 cheers

Goldigger
    Free Member

Can everyone else view the PIC or video in the first post?
    Not working for me..

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Welcome back to Fat Biking, just in time for GFBD.
    Make sure this is better locked up

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

rode one earlier today, Seriously in love with it now, shame they put the price up by £200 over the weekend Else I would have got one :/

kateezdad2
    Free Member

Currently chained to my wrist John… see you on the 5th 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Not £200 but defiantly up by £100 from £1499

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

I was on about the ‘Scrubber version’ it was £999 last Friday and now its up to £1199 :/ … two hundred quid for the same thing is a deal breaker for me ! hey’ho, maybe one day, Lol

Goldigger
    Free Member

Is it a negative that you can only go up to 4 inch tyres? Is there much benefit in 5 inches…every inch counts right? 😀

tillydog
    Free Member

Can everyone else view the PIC or video in the first post?
    Not working for me..

Nor me. Just a grey ‘No Entry’ sign

We are not worthy 🙁

everyone
    Free Member

Not working for me either. Sort it out OP!

kateezdad2
    Free Member

Dunno what is going on as the first few folks could obviously see it… and I still can. Is it something to do with Google photos? Help!

slimjim78
    Free Member

I cannae see it neither

So it wasn’t my imagination that the trail was at £999 recently then? Damn. I can’t pay £200 more for it now knowing that

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

me either slimjim, on Both counts!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is it a negative that you can only go up to 4 inch tyres? Is there much benefit in 5 inches…every inch counts right?

Depends what you want to do with it, for trail riding 4″ is more than enough. More than 4″ and you need a wider BB too.

Ohh and me thrice. Not overly fussed by the ‘upgrade’ overall, just want a bluto and the difference between 2nd hand fatty prices and a new trail is about the same as buying one aftermarket.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I bought a frame from CRC a couple weeks ago, unused currently, noticed last night that that’s come down a further £50 (sad face).
    I’d really like a Trail but I’d lose my shit if I forked out £1200 now and used it once or twice before seeing it dropped down to £999 again in the new year sale bonanza

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I got my Fatty Trail for £999, added a knuckleball bar, changed the drivetrain to Zee/XT 1×10 and gone tubeless, weighs 14.4kg with Pedals.
    I think the Trail frame is about lb lighter than the Fatty and has a longer toptube.
    Got a dropper seatpost to fit, and it will be perfect

STATO
    Free Member

Im toying with getting a Fatty Trail frame, dont need it just now so waiting a little while to see if it gets in any deals.

It was discussed in an earlier thread the geo chart wasnt clear if it was measured sagged, on-one emailed me back yesterday to say it might be sagged 20mm (they dont know). Standard quality on-one answer, so I decided to put the numbers in a geo spreadsheet and all the numbers are bang on for un-sagged 531mm fork length (120mm bluto).

I did a compare of the Trail (L) with the new Surly Wednesday (XL) and with the same 531mm fork (Wednesday geo is based on a 468mm rigid fork) the reach/stack numbers come out almost exactly the same, with BB a little lower on the Trail and steeper is seat angle.

So im confortable the geo is good, just need to confirm if it can fit 29+ tyres in the back (should do) and i think ill hit buy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So im confortable the geo is good, just need to confirm if it can fit 29+ tyres in the back

Pretty sure it won’t (the original fatty won’t and the trail is 10mm shorter).

STATO
    Free Member

Pretty sure it won’t (the original fatty won’t and the trail is 10mm shorter).

Chainstay figures listed as
    Fatty is 445mm
    Fatty Trail is 450mm

Tho its obviously not mentioned it they are horizontal or actual measurements so you may be right.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Which is weird, because last time I looked it was definitely shorter.

Perhaps they’ve grown since they had the issue with crank clearance on the first batch?

On-One geometry charts do indeed blow. They could at least be consistent and maybe even change the diagram so that it shows what they’re actually measuring, some still showed ETT as to the center of the seatube horizontally, not to the seatpost! Kinda the basics for a mail order only shop!

STATO
    Free Member

Which is weird, because last time I looked it was definitely shorter.

Perhaps they’ve grown since they had the issue with crank clearance on the first batch?

Ah, i think (from the first thread) they originally just put up the Parkwood chart as it was ‘about the same’ ;0)

slimjim78
    Free Member

How do they get away with it?! They’re as consistent as a fart in the breeze

STATO
    Free Member

How do they get away with it?!

Market placement.

All the On-one fanboys over the years have let them think shoddyness is accepted.
    Triathlon riders have no idea about bikes anyway.
    Cheap carbon trumps quality outside the roadie cafe.

They do good stuff too, but they are the market leaders in what they do, so no impetus to change.

All IMO obviously.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

well, I have had my Fatty Trail for 2 full weeks now and I can honestly say ….. flippin Awesome 8) im made up with it, smiles for miles, roll on the global fatbike day so us Fatties can slag you skinny bitches off behind your backs 😆

s1255
    Free Member

Lawmanmx, er….did you used to have a CRF Supermoto?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

yep, was you on Visordown?

s1255
    Free Member

Ahem, you still owe myself £3.99 for the tin of finnlec that fixed the puncture on your CRF on the NMRO many moons ago! And myself being a tight jock never forgets! Mind you I think you actually paid myself a compliment that day, it went something “Your going quite well on that hairdryer thing….er…DRZ!”,

Have you packed the moto in, or still dabble? I have finished with motorbikes altogether now, and my only two wheel outlet these days is my mtb, mind you Glentress is only 1.5 miles from my house so no hardship!

Sonny

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Sonny … I KNEW IT WAS GONNA BE YOU 8) I said to my missus earlier, I wonder if its sonny, and it is 🙂 how the bluddy hell are you pal? its been a while Eh! yeas ive blown the dirt bikes out too (its been 10yrs for me) and my only outlet is pedal power now, ive rode glentress on a few occasions and im going to make sure I do it again early spring if only to meet up with you and let you fix Another puncture for me (cos I know how much the monetary loss hurts you northern types) Lmao 😀

s1255
    Free Member

I’m not sure if finnlec will be able to handle a fatty tyre! If you’re up a Glentress anytime get in touch. Aye I reckon the last NMRO I done was 2003, big big changes to my life since then, namely 2 ankle biters now! (one 5Yr old and one 7yr old!). However both are keen on their bikes and love Glentress! so not all bad!

Has to be said though mate, would not have had you pegged as fat bike owner though! Thought some swish Santa Cruz or owt flash! Mind you though I’m on a On One myself, sadly not a fatty (yet)but a 45650b.

Sonny

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Wow, Lmao, times do change Eh pal, 2 kids 😆 at least they are through the terrible two’s Eh 😉
    yea’ the fattie was a bit of a surprise to me too, I have quietly hankered after one for a couple of years but never honestly thought I would get one, anyways, all that changed when my mate bought one and I tried it round our local pump track, I had one a week later 😆
    I still have a Nukeproof mega Am but for how long … who knows!
    do you see or keep in contact with any of the owd Lunatics??? im still good friends with Yammamoto (Matt) do you remember him?

s1255
    Free Member

Not seen any of the Scottish moto crowd for quite some time, seen Anteater (Alex) about 6/7 years ago, he was racing a ZXR400, think he was wanting to move up to the 600cc next, but his missus was looking on fairly unimpressed! and much to my shame I had a 1250 Bandit! not even the naked one! Went right soft then!

I remember the name Yammamoto, reckon I would recognise him though,

Quite fancy a fat bike myself, had a quick go on a friends Calibre Dune the other week and it’s left myself with a bad case of the green eyed monster!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

yea, not seen any of the old guard for yonks either pal, as far as the fatbike ….. GET ONE 😀 we have had a right blast on the GFBD at Crosby sands earlier, sooo much fun even in the shitty weather, im made up with my OO Fatty trail, I can see the end of the Nukeproof mega if im still this enamoured by the summer 😆
    Oh, and my email is in my profile if you want to get in contact sonny 😉

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Fatty Trail’ is closed to new replies.