Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • fatty fans, 1st Specialized Fatboy in the UK spotted at Cannock today
  • rOcKeTdOg

benji
    Free Member

He was quick on that as well. There was also a few bear greases hanging about as well.

Did you get anymore pictures RocketDog?

tthew

Great event, nice and friendly. Think I’d prefer it to be a couple of hours long but I’m glad I went.

How ace was the under 10’s race? Felt really sorry for the lap counters!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fatty fans, 1st Specialized Fatboy in the UK spotted

Or Fatty Fans your nice is now mainstream, move along now

shaggy

I’m sure its a great bike but put Dan on anything and it’ll be fast.

rOcKeTdOg

Did you get anymore pictures RocketDog?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rocketdog/sets/72157641421231105/

How ace was the under 10’s race?

it was brilliant, the tiniest kid on a push along was amazingly fast!

rOcKeTdOg

Or Fatty Fans your nice is now mainstream, move along now

CheesybeanZ

mikewsmith
    Free Member

damm auto correct…..

Your NICHE is gone

singlespeedstu

Whose niche?

I wasn’t aware that anyone owned to rights to any “type” of bike.
    Or are you talking about the skinsuit and gopro niche? I think that one’s Dan’s own specialized niche.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Dan was 7 mins ahead of 2nd place in the fat bike category.

rOcKeTdOg

He also did an extra lap “for fun”

jekkyl

I wondered if some of stw collective would have been there, I competed in the fun 3 lapper. Great track, loved that almost vertical drop & that twisty bit through the woods was ace.

tazzymtb

Second place in the fat category was shaun palister on a ss fat…so not too shabby either!

tthew

rOcKeTdOg, what’s your policy on me saving a couple of images of my race? Can I use them on our club website, as long as I attribute them to you?

Ta.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I thought fat bike tyres were supposed to be like fairy’s footsteps daintily skipping across the unblemished land… Look at his back tyre destroying the environment in the top pic!

asterix
    Free Member

they do look like fun but is there any real benefit of riding fat for such tame tracks as those?

rOcKeTdOg

tthew contact me via Twitter (if u use it) @_rocketdog_

mikewsmith
    Free Member

asterix – Member
    they do look like fun but is there any real benefit of riding fat for such tame tracks as those?

By the look of what he is wearing i’d say publicity.
    Spec Australia are currently Facebooking the Fat quite hard….I’m guessing the directives have been issued. They will be taking Jo Brand to court for trademark infringement next 😉

Houns

Already been spotted over the North Worcestershire alps 😉

Iirc as above he’s been given the first one in the uk for publicity/to do that beach race on

rOcKeTdOg

mikewsmith – Member
    asterix – Member

Spec Australia are currently Facebooking the Fat quite hard….I’m guessing the directives have been issued. They will be taking Jo Brand to court for trademark infringement next

Well he’d have looked a bit daft using a non fat bike in the fat bike category of yesterday’s race

asterix
    Free Member

They will be taking Jo Brand to court for trademark infringement next

😆 😆

singlespeedstu

Iirc as above he’s been given the first one in the uk for publicity/to do that beach race on

Though TBF Dan does already own a fatbike that he paid for himself.
    Now his employer has given him another he’d be being a bit rude not to ride it. 😉

By the look of what he’s wearing i’d say he’s promoting his employers shop. 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m sure I had a spesh fatboy bmx about 15 years ago…

gears_suck
    Free Member

asterix – Member

I fail to see what difference that makes. It’s an off road bike and it was ridden off road. So the benefits, if any, are irrelevant. Besides, he passed me on the rooty section while I was mincing around and it seemed that the real benefit was having Dan on it.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

cringe

core

Looks **** ridiculous to me.

tazzymtb

It may look ridiculous to some and make them cringe….but id bet that dan on that cringeworthy heap would smash your legs off and outride you on your chosen terrain with your chosen bike…and to be honest. .its a bike and all bikes are good…so chill yeh? And just accept that youll never be awesome enought to even begin to appreciate the power of fat *mutters under breath…bloody wanabe enduro riders…gettin as bad as orange 5 gimps*

bigblackshed

I would mutter something about inappropriate bikes, etc. But they do look fun.

But Lycra on a fat bike? Seriously?

rOcKeTdOg

he’d have been faster on this, his bike is old fashioned aluminium afterall. I tried it and it’s the fastest fat bike i’ve ridden (mukluk, fatty & Jones 1/2 fat)

singlespeedstu

But Lycra on a fat bike? Seriously?

Just be glad he’s not wearing his custom hand knitted mohair skinsuit. 😯

Mole
    Free Member

Whats worse going off rocketdogs pics is fat blokes in lycra on skinny bikes!

scotroutes

Why not?
    IMG-20130413-00247 by Andrew Sealey, on Flickr

tthew

rOcKeTdOg, (from earlier) I’m not on Twitter, if you would be kind enough to mail me, (address is in my profile) would be appreciated. Ta.

coastkid
    Free Member

Lycra on a fatbike! thats just wrong!, he looks far to skinny to ride one :mrgreen: no beer gut or beard either! far too normal looking chap 🙂
    no hip flask and holder too, should be ashamed racing one sober… 😆

Could never buy another bike from Specialized after what they did to Eric Parson`s wee company Epic Designs name for his Bike Packing kit,big boy bully tactics! boo on them! 😈

benji
    Free Member

I wondered if some of stw collective would have been there, I competed in the fun 3 lapper. Great track, loved that almost vertical drop & that twisty bit through the woods was ace.

Yep, I was there, 4 laps in the enthusiasts category, finished mid pack, had one big off, but still loved it enough to have booked in already for the one in June.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

.but id bet that dan on that cringeworthy heap would smash your legs off and outride you on your chosen terrain with your chosen bike

I’d be up for that bet. As soon as you dismount him.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

all bikes are good

That’s a ridiculous comment.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

.but id bet that dan on that cringeworthy heap would smash your legs off and outride you on your chosen terrain with your chosen bike

Ok but to be sporting he can go first…..

tazzymtb

Lol…at dirk. Dans not my type..I go for surly little wannabe trolls really. So if you want some big tattooed bear action I’ll happily show you how to handle a fat front in your muddy gully. Xx

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘fatty fans, 1st Specialized Fatboy in the UK spotted at Cannock today’ is closed to new replies.