Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fatter grips than ODI Rogue
  • edward2000
    Free Member

What grips are available which have a larger diameter than the ODI Rogue? I know knon of ESI grips but I think they can slip on the handlebar?

philjunior
    Free Member

Bontrager lock on grips are pretty large diameter.

I probably have some in the garage still if you want to try them, a bit big for my liking.

hatter

Oury lock on are the fattest I’ve found.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    a11y

Specialized Sip XL for lock-on (make sure it’s the XL version).

ESI Extra Chunky for non lock-on.

Only ever used the ESIs on my commuter but zero issues with slippage. Specialized are single-clamp only which I much prefer.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Uberbike do a chunky lock on that’s bigger than the Rogue. Been using them on the hardtail for a while, with Rogues on the full suss.

pitduck
    Free Member

Oury

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Chromag do a thick and wide grip – squarewave XL. Easton lock on come in thick too. Sip XLs also excellent.

continuity
    Free Member

I dunno why anyone uses anything other than esi’s.

I guess the bling lockrings might match the bike?

mtbabuser
    Free Member

I had this issue a few years back looking for thicker grips for riding the redbull foxhunt on a hardtail.

bought these raceface grips as they were the thickest id found at 33mm diameter used for the event and then took off. Still have them if you are interested the lockrings are just a bit marked.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/race-face-strafe-grips-with-locks/rp-prod47579

Northwind

continuity – Member

I think a lot of people don’t like how delicate they are… And they can be fairly ungrippy with some gloves. I love the racer’s edge but I hate the extra chunky, they give me hand cramps because of the squishyness- it’s like a squeezy hand strengthener device… So if I wanted fat, I guess I’d fit Rogues again or the nice fat Ourys

pitduck
    Free Member

I guess the bling lockrings might match the bike? No lock rings on ourys

gwurk
    Free Member

Because they’re too soft
    Because throttle grip
    Because they feel horrible without gloves
    because they offer zero grip with any moisture between them and your skin.
    because silicone is a better material choice for a sex toy than bicycle grips.

slordy
    Free Member

Raceface Straffe

albo

I used thin ODI grips for years, now use those DMR Deathgrips. Feel so much more comfortable now.

mildbore

I bought some yeti logo’d grips a coyple of years ago when I got tingly fingers doing day-on-day riding. Big raised logo is lovely soft and squishy and worked well with body geometry gloves

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fatter grips than ODI Rogue’ is closed to new replies.