• This topic has 261 replies, 90 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by IanW.
Viewing 22 posts - 241 through 262 (of 262 total)
  • Fatism
  • molgrips
    Free Member

The rest of us have been in the 21st century for quite some time now

Exactly!

piemonster

That only counts as 1/2 a sarcastic post. Although the first one counts as a full sarcastic post.

I’m not really up to speed on websites aimed at kids. So I’m happy to be outdated.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

wow, the fruitshoot thread and i thought it was a fat-ist thread, ooops sorry I must have misunderstood

ahahahahahahahaha 😀

wwaswas

I’d rather they were arguing about fruitshoots than carrying on with the other shit, tbh.

piemonster

😆

Shakes head and flounces….probably

randomjeremy
    Free Member

The Fruitshoots in my fridge are 10 calories per 200ml.

When I started eating healthily a while ago I spent some time actually analysing what I was eating.

Alpen for breakfast? – Turns out it’s full of sugar.
    Orange juice is healthy right? – About the same sugar hit as a can of full fat coke.
    “Roasted” chicken from the supermarket? – Full of sugar and all sorts of junk to give it that taste.
    Ready meals? – oh god don’t get me started, most of them are junk.

I found myself becoming angry when food shopping – honestly most of the stuff we’re sold as the “healthy” option is full of crap.

It was a real eye opener. Now I mainly eat lean chicken breast that I oven cook, baked salmon, plenty of salad with some olive oil and soy sauce. Drink water and milk. Cut down on bread, if I do eat a cereal it’s now just plain oats with some raisins for flavour.

Combined with exercising (not cardio, mainly freeweights) twice a week I’ve dropped from nearly 15st to just about 11st.

It’s been really difficult not to fall off the wagon and return to eating pizza and kebabs regularly, but I think I’m slowly training myself to eat better.

epicyclo

randomjeremy – Member
    …I found myself becoming angry when food shopping – honestly most of the stuff we’re sold as the “healthy” option is full of crap…

As I tell my wife every time she starts talking about losing weight – stop buying industrial food, buy ingredients.

molgrips
    Free Member

Orange juice is healthy right? – About the same sugar hit as a can of full fat coke.

Yes and no (it’s different sugar, or it might be), but agreed don’t drink a lot of it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sugar is not unhealthy per se but an excess is – as noted pages ago Fruit has sugar in it but that does not mean it is unhealthy in the same way a biscuit is unhealthy

Its about balance and eating fruit is part of that balance. Eating biscuits [ often] is probably not essential to health.

molgrips
    Free Member

Neither is eating fruit.

beefheart
    Free Member

However ‘right on’ you are, it’s still funny when fat people fall over.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes everyone knows it is as important to eat biscuits as fruit sometimes too often you take your “devils advocate “to the point you just talk nonsense and look stupid.

Jamie
    Free Member

@JY

Don’t do it. Step away from the Molgrips.

IanW
    Free Member

More fruitshootism…

So a bit more research (googling) reveals:

The RDA usually quoted in labelling for sugars is around 90grams per day for an adult, that includes the complex sugars found in your bread and fruit etc. It can come from simple added sugar found in fruit shoots and sweets but theres no actual need for any of that stuff at all.

So Britvic’s claim of 10g being 10% of the daily allowance is misrepresenting the truth to quite a degree. (it is the law to quote by 100ml/g but most responsible manufacturers also quote serving, unless they have something to hide). The 10% is also an adults allowance..sort of although nobody adult or child needs any of the type of sugar in this product.

Based on 90grams for an adult the RDA for a 7yr old is 68gram(75%) and one serving @ 23g of sugar is 34% of an RDA but thats an RDA that should actually be used consuming fruit and stuff that just happens to have sugar in it but also has lots of other good stuff.

All round a really scummy product, with marketing obviously designed to deceive.

Junkyard
    Free Member

turns gaze in the direction of Jamie

slimjim78
    Free Member

ps I do appreciate it when people do something about it but I cannot understand how at 30 stone they realise they need to change not at 15 stone where it would have been easier and simpler for everyone involved

The first comment you made was worse, but the one above highlights the fact that you have little imagination. And understanding.
    Over eating can quickly become an impulsive addiction and weight gain is insidious. Lets pray you never put on a few too many pounds, it would be awful if you repulsed yourself.

piemonster

Run Jamie, while you still can.

piemonster

Reflounces

RichPenny
    Free Member

The only useful thing I’ve learned from this thread is you can get Calzone with doner meat 🙂

The rest of it is bollocks 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

Interesting, or an example of manufacturers trying to manipulate the consumer? Single serving items should have the nutritional information listed by serving not per 100ml or 100g

oh but hang on, I just checked 😉 a fruit shoot bottle, and along with the official nutrition per 100ml they’re legally required to provide it also gives the nutrition for the whole bottle.

aracer
    Free Member

Based on 90grams for an adult the RDA for a 7yr old is 68gram(75%)

Where do you get your 75% from?

IanW
    Free Member

It was an nhs site which quoted 1530 ish calories per day for a 7 year old and believe the nutrional info uses the 2000 calories recomended for a female adult as the basis of its proportions.

I’m on a tablet now so can’t (be arsed to) find the exact reference, tbh that it was 75% slightly surprised me, expected it to be less.

Other references recomended nil added sugar or a figure repeated by several american organisations was 6 teaspoons per day for an adult female. FS is five in one serving.

Viewing 22 posts - 241 through 262 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘Fatism’ is closed to new replies.