Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • fathers, is tomorrow a dad day or family day?
  • maxray
    Free Member

For me its breakfast with my daughter, then I have a pass for the day to go off and do some biking and maybe a bit of a chill at the allotment. Anyone else just request a bit of me time rather than a kak compilation cd or pair of socks? 🙂

CHB

brekkie in bed, cinema then lunch at fuji hero in leeds, all with family. looking forward to it.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It appears that it is now a family day for me.

Kind of buggers up my plans to go and help out with TJ’s trail restoration work.

carbon337
    Free Member

Today was Dad Saturday with my 5 month old – tomorrow is riding day.

totalshell

dad day deffo.. decorated all day today tommorow out with my mates on the traisl bike then home to OH and kids for indian buffet.. all you can eat for a tenner.. fools!!

yossarian
    Free Member

Day with my family. Seems absurd to spend a day that you only qualify for by having kids away from them.

Trip to the zoo, then BBQ on the beach, then all pile onto the sofa to watch toy story or something 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Family meal on the dinner time back home to service the girl friends car and then off on the lash with the old boy. 😀

Drac

I probably be sleeping most of the day as I’m on nights. Mind if it stays like this I’ll not be but have no real plans.

DarrenH

12 hour work day for me tomorrow 🙁
    i’ll cash in my free time thursday i reckon.

akysurf
    Free Member

breakfast in bed, family walk.

sc-xc

Brekkie, a bit of work (which I am actually looking forward to) then off with the family for a spot of geeky geocaching.

Babysitter coming round late afternoon, and me and my beautiful wife are off to see Justin Sullivan, Mik Davis and Joolz at the Ignite book launch in Birmingham.

weare138
    Free Member

I won’t get a lie in, kids will be up at 6.30, off to see my dad later in the morning who had some bad news about his cancer yesterday, then take the kids to the park, meal together. Me time will begin around 7.30pm

uplink
    Free Member

Just like any other Sunday for me except for the cards

So it’ll be………… tidy the garden followed by a pub roast dinner, followed by a snooze, followed by the pub again

ruscle
    Free Member

Not sure, will have to ask the wife !!

maxray
    Free Member

Yossarian, think of it as a prize for dealing with them the other 364 days 🙂

saleem
    Free Member

My son asked for my address tonight so he could send me a card on Monday lol, well at least the thought is there as I didn’t even get a sniff of a card last year. 😀

chomp
    Free Member

without a doubt it’ll be with the family

I do get to choose what restaurant we go to for lunch before we have a family christening to go to, at which I’ll probably get a bit drunk and the wife’ll drive us home

s’all good

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Classic car rally at Harewood nr Leeds followed by pizza Express with my family. I have also been told I can have a lie in 🙂

Ambrose

Cup of tea in bed would be nice, but unlikely. Full fry-up is a definate though 🙂 Mrs Ambrose is working, so Ambrose and the Ambroselets get to play with the old tractors, dogs, chickens and stuff like that at the Carmarthenshire Game Fair. Burgertastic.

trusslebabes
    Free Member

this is my first fathers day, i’m currently laying in bed wife is in the shower and my little just turned 11 week old is starting to wake. I’ll be off to pick her up for a cuddle 😀 we’ll be off to church this morning and then round to friends for a bbq later with two other young families, will be a family fun type day. My treat apparently is that i can go biking on wed night :mrgreen:

Rochey
    Free Member

Some good ones above and trussiebabes – Ejoys the cuddles they are great.

Mine – well, up at – 7.30 making myself cereal and “nice” coffee, 4yr old awake and saying happy fathers day 😀 8yr in bed with Mrs Rochey reading 😀 (and I thought it was MY day and I also made Tea for her in bed) but TBH i’m up early as i’m off on my BIKE!!! Yer 3hr with the lads on the road (sorry)

Then back home for “Full English and nice Coffee again”, family small ride then BBQ with BEER.

Great day all round.

O and HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE DADS.

maxray
    Free Member

That sounds good rochey 🙂 think I will be sorting the Sunday dinner on my return from my ride. So excited to be going with no pre determined time to get home! Can have a proper explore… tho soda law ill have a terminal mechanical 5 mins in 😀

shooterman

Heading in to work to get caught up. Cards and pressie this morning.

MoreCashThanDash

I was hoping for a family day, as MrsMCTD is away camping with her Guide unit so I’d have had the kids to myself for the weekend.

Then the outlaws decided that this was the only weekend they were free to come up before the summer, so they have taken the kids out this morning without me, even though my youngest wanted me to come as it was “daddy’s day”. I decided not to argue, it only seems to make matters worse for me at the moment!

amodicumofgnar

I was wondering about the etiquet of all this. I grew up on a farm so it was always just another work day. Some people seem to do a lot for it and this gives me a social etiquet problem.

Lots of my mates are now proud fathers – upto primary school age kids. Got up this morning thought I’d go and have a bit of a social trip round a few of them but then realised its fathers day. Normally I just turn up, most mates work on take us as your find us. Thing is would fathers day be reasonably considered to be an execption to this rule by most people?

MoreCashThanDash

Couple of my mates have today “screened off” for family time – to be fair, the most we do is cards.

MrsMCTD is away this weekend, I rode an audax on Mother’s Day, we don’t let these “celebrations” get in the way of normal family life, which is busy enough as it is without losing extra days for slightly nonsensical commercially minded events

Admiralable
    Free Member

Up at 7. Washed the dishes made oh cuppa. Full English. Just having cuddles with my 13 month old while the 10 yr old sulks cos he’s grounded. Then off shopping! So family day here!

fontmoss
    Free Member

From the other side of things I can’t get to see my padre or step dad but if I could I’d want to spend the day annoying having fun with them

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

for slightly nonsensical commercially minded events

Homemade cards and breakfast in bed is hardly ‘commercial’ and is the level most people on here seem to be enjoying. I say just enjoy it. Classic Car Rally abandoned by us due to rain so lazy morning, seeing mum in hospital then pizza with beer this evening.

RichPenny
    Free Member

My little girl is 3 weeks old today 🙂 Now I’ve mastered multitasking I can cuddle and type at the same time. My wife has informed me that the homemade cards are at least 2 years away. Fathers day I think will involve me deciding on an activity we can all enjoy. This may involve wheels next year 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Homemade cards will be sooner than you think – every playgroup etc will have your little one making them. 🙂 it’s great this being a dad lark 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’ve just found out we’re going to Sainsbury’s 🙁 90kms drive as Mrs Hairychested needs “oh, you won’t know it anyway”.
    Fathers Day my rectum!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘fathers, is tomorrow a dad day or family day?’ is closed to new replies.