Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • fathers day
  • funkhouser
    Free Member

mrs is on at me, what do i want / impossible to buy for etc. shes pretty generous on fathers day tbf, even tho its my pocket ultimately!

i said its all about receiving something that i dont even know i want yet!

what are yo hoping/asking for this year?

Klunk
    Free Member

you married your daughter 😕 weird

scaredypants

If your kids are young, ask for a handmade card and a hug

If they’re over about 12, ask* to be tolerated for a day

*nothing wrong with asking

funkhouser
    Free Member

call me crastor!

cards and hugs are nice, but i want cool stuff or bike bits!

convert

but i want cool stuff or bike bits!

That doesn’t reflect well on you. Father’s day recipient means you are not the kid anymore.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yes you selfish bastard. You should ask for a hair shirt, a cat o’ nine tails and 10 minutes alone in the cellar.

convert

10 minutes alone in the cellar.

To be fair most fathers dream of 10 mins alone, cellar or no cellar.

weeksy

I usually get the day out with my wife and boy and a nice meal out 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

> cards and hugs are nice, but i want cool stuff or bike bits!

Surely that’s what birthdays and Christmas are for?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve asked for some cycling gloves, I could do with a new pair.

jekkyl

Time off consequence free to go cycling all day (dawn to dusk) and then a meal out that evening after you finish. Is the obvs answer.

akira

I expect nothing but normally get a card and something nice but nothing expensive. Till they’re old enough to take me to the pub im not that fussed.

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

I couldn’t give a fig about fathers day however the little ones get excited so I ask them to make me a “pass out”.

It usually comes with loads of glitter and pictures of bikes and hills and allows me a no quibble free day out on my bike.

That way I can spend ‘my’ day with the family doing what they want 🙄 and have a pass in hand to get me out of going to kids parties / mowing the lawn / going to the tip etc.

Granted not as shiny as new kit but infinately more useful

weeksy

Surely Fathers day is about spending time with your kids ? Not having a pass to get away from them ?

(not just to the bloke above… but generally)

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

Every day is for spending with your kids, it’s in the contract 🙂

Edit: isn’t the whole concept of fathers day made to generate card and tat sales?

honourablegeorge

Father’s day coincides neatly with the longest day of the year – planning to head out for a late evening spin, and make use of all the light, hopefully ride until near eleven, followed by camping out with mates and beers.

My Father’s day gift will be the permission to do so. 🙂

fasthaggis

When they were wee ,it would be a card,something that they had made and some sweets.Then we would all go out to a cafe for breakfast.

Now it’s ..
    A card ,pot of tea and the Sunday papers.
    Then they go and do the jobs that I usually do before they are even out their beds.
    Pub lunch later where I will most likely get tearful thinking about my Dad and how lucky I am(I found out about his diagnosis when I phoned on a Fathers Day ).

theteaboy
    Free Member

Father’s Day is about me spending time with the kids and making sure they can do what they want to ‘spoil’ me.

Mother’s Day is about spoiling my wife and giving her a day off from childcare.

Wait a minute. There’s a conspiracy theory here somewhere.

the-muffin-man

I said I wanted to watch the Grand Prix without interruption – apparently that’s not what I want on Fathers day! 😀

natrix
    Free Member

Driving a steam train at Didcot Steam Railway 😀
    Bargain for a tenner! 8)

Edric64
    Free Member

I don’t want anything .It`s a lousy commercial made up day to flog stuff .Mothering Sunday (NOT Mothers day) is a centuries old custom and Fathers day is just to flog cards and Whisky

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Makes me miss my old man. Close to 2 years now.

On a selfish note, new MTB gloves sounds just the ticket!

LoCo
    Free Member

Hopefully basking glory of a World record, while feeling a bit broken and looking after the children while my wife is away on a hen do 😀

http://www.projectenduro.co.uk/24hr-world-record-attempt/

Don’t expect anything though a little card from them is nice though

hooli

My kids normally make me a card and I get a token gift like a bar of chocolate, couple of bottles of my favourite beer or something they know I’ll like.

We then do something together – a long walk, a bike ride, fishing, ten pin bowling or whatever we feel like given the weather.

Nice and relaxed, I certainly wouldn’t ask for a day without them as my gift.

miketually
    Free Member

The last few years I’ve got the Tour de France guide and some beer.

slowjo
    Free Member

I usually get a bottle of beer and my son takes over my dishwasher filling duties for the day.

Works for me.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah whilst a day out biking would be great for me, I cannot imagine doing it – the kids are looking forward to showering me with love and affection and a gift, and it would be awful if I just buggered off.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I get to spend the day with my daughter, I don’t need anything more than that.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘fathers day’ is closed to new replies.