Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Father Inlaw Seriously Injured in a Cycle Accident on the A38 on Saturday.
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

My father inlaw was found seriously injured on the A38 near Thornbury between Bristol and Gloucester at 8am on Saturday morning and is in a critical condition with a serious head injury. How he came to be injured is as yet unknown, but he was found in the middle of the road with his bike on top of him. Police are still trying to piece together what happened, so on the very remote off chance that one of you was around that area on Saturday morning and saw anything can you please either get in touch with me or contact the relevant police station.

Thanks,
    George.

Mods – can you please sticky this for a wee while. There will be no nonsense from me and I’ll not use this log in for anything else.

project
    Free Member

I used to cycle that road on a roadie bike,a fast road.

Hope your father in law makes a good recovery.

souldrummer
    Free Member

It sent a shiver down my spine when I read this. Can’t help with any info, but I hope you find out what happened, and I wish your father in law all the best for a speedy recovery.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Can’t help, but sorry to hear the news George.

wallop

Golly. That’s local to me – do you mean the A38?

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

matt_outandabout

Hope he makes a good recovery.

allthepies
    Free Member

A32 is in Hampshire, guess the OP meant the A38.

Lifer
    Free Member

Horrible news, as everyone has said hope he makes a full recovery and you find out what happened.

Healing vibes.

donsimon
    Free Member

Wishing a speedy and full recovery.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Wallop – you are indeed correct – the A38. Apparently at a place known locally as Buckover. Thanks.

highclimber
    Free Member

healing vibes sent. Hope the police find out what happened.

glupton1976
    Free Member

We’re braced for the worst to be honest. He’s a in a bit of a mess and they are struggling to get him stabilised. 72yr old and doing a LEJOG just for the hell of it. Wasn’t wearing a bloody helmet either.

project
    Free Member

More info here.

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/LocalPages/NewsDetails.aspx?nsid=25699&t=1&lid=2

Not knowing if he was hit or if he fell must be the worst thing.

SaxonRider

Best wishes to him and to all of you.

ski
    Free Member

72yr old and doing a LEJOG just for the hell of it

Top respect…

Best wishes and hope he pulls through…

thegreatape
    Free Member

All the best George

flippinheckler
    Free Member

How awful wishing your father in law and his family all the best!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for your Father In Law and the rest of your family.

72 and doing a LEJOG?? – what a top bloke.

alfabus
    Free Member

It is not known whether the cyclist was blown by a gust of wind or whether a passing vehicle may have unknowingly glanced him while passing.

or the conspicuously absent 3rd option…

Get well soon!

Dave

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Hope he makes a full recovery, George.

spacemonkey

72 and doing the LEJOG! Bonkers (in a crazily cool kind of way).

Here’s to the old boy making a full recovery. And if there was something more sinister behind what happened, I sincerely hope those responsible are brought to account.

Healing vibes …

eyerideit
    Free Member

Hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery.

By the sounds of it he’s quite fit so that should help, no?

glupton1976
    Free Member

No change today…

willard

Wish him a “Get Well!” from me too. And hang in there yourself ok?

jeb

All the best – finger X

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Hi George

This is local to me, very sorry to hear about your father-in-law’s accident. Weather conditions on Saturday were clear but quite breezy, Buckover is where the road goes past the White Hart pub which is right on the road – could have been a gust blew him off course as he cleared the shelter of the pub? Speculation, I know, but I’ve experienced this myself, it can be quite un-nerving.

Much respect to him for attempting a LEJOG at age 72, hope I’m that fit when I’m old!

Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery, and hope that the rest of you are coping ok.

Barnaby

martinxyz
    Free Member

That’s awful. Hope it all goes well.

racefaceec90

i wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.and i hope you find out what happened.sorry i wasn’t any help.

Cougar

Oink. Good lad.

All the best for a favourable recovery.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for him.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Hope he recovers Glupton. Ridden there so many times.

Hope he wasn’t knocked over and what type of person would leave him injured?

nathaneddy
    Free Member

hope he recovers.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

🙁 Sorry to hear that George, hope better news soon.

Came off myself at the end of March and spent 5 days in Frenchay. Best place in the south-west for head injuries.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Thanks for all the messages of support and information about the area where he fell off. I think for the sake of sanity I’m going to go with the idea that there was nobody else involved and he was just caught off guard by a freak sideways gust. Probably easier to reconcile that idea than the other options.

He’s still in a coma following the pattern of progress that people with injuries of that type normally follow. It’s not looking particularly good, but it’s not quite time to give up just yet.

Mods – please feel free to unsticky this thread and let it drift off down the pages.

Thanks,
    George.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

George, all the best to your father in law, and his friends and family in this.

Hope he gets through it. For what little they may be worth, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

crikey
    Free Member

George, if you want to ask anything about the ITU side of things, give me a shout on here and/or we can do it by e-mail.

All the best fella.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Crikey – thanks very much for the offer. I’m currently on placement in the regional neuro/tertiary care unit in Edinburgh, so I’ve had all my questions answered already – working with patients of that type is amazingly therapeutic just now.

crikey
    Free Member

😉

redthunder
    Free Member

😯 Thats near my patch as well.

If I here of anything I let the authories know…. the A38 is lethal.

Thoughts with you dude!

Wookster

Best wishes mate. Hope is recovery is full and speedy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Father Inlaw Seriously Injured in a Cycle Accident on the A38 on Saturday.’ is closed to new replies.