Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Fatbikes
  • voodoo_chile

Do you ride all year round , or is use limited ?

scotroutes

I ride mine in the winter sometimes too.

rOcKeTdOg

Got mine in Oct14 not ridden much else since, in fact sold my FS

letmetalktomark

Yep all year round.

johnnystorm

Out on mine today. Even did a bit of tarmac.

postierich
    Free Member

Only on 320km epic rides like the Dales 300! Now I,m getting use to it its now becoming the fun bike i pull off the rack!! still ride my others but not as much!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/un4GDK]James_Kirby_3399[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

sailor74
    Free Member

had mine a year or so. Use it all year round. Its a bit weighty around 33lbs but managing 1×10. I bought a 160mm full suss and within 3 months had the rear shock, front wheel and forks all replaced on warranty….bike spent quite a bit of time in the shop!
    No such problems with the fatty, thats the best thing about them, zero maintenance and zero problems. Raining in the morning so will take the fatty out. Tend to use it more as my ‘wet’ bike.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

All year round.

JoeG
    Free Member

Fatty is rideable under more conditions than regular mtb, so year round.

lightman
    Free Member

Got mine in December, never been off it since, I even use it to give the roadies a laugh on the chaingangs.
    It has full length mud guards and a rack, and has just passed 3000 miles.
    Best thing I have bought in years.
    I only use my 29er or road bike these days to see if I can get any koms from the fitness that using the Fatty all the time gives me, and Ive only used both about half a dozens time each this year, with plenty of koms.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/is-fat-just-for-christmas

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bought mine cheaply as a test, it’s my only bike now. Slowly upgrading bits. Drop bars made climbing steep stuff much easier. Racked it up for bike packing now and as soon as I’m back in the uk it’s going to get some solid use.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Ordering mine next week……..I’m going to be FAT!!

Lib up fatty….come on sing!!!….lol

ScottChegg
    Free Member

There’s some killer deals on Spesh Fatboys at the moment; but I’m struggling to see past the Canyon Dude with Bluto.

Is anything better value?

tazzymtb

Been riding fat bikes for years and its ace to them becone more mainstream and components become more readily available. For me they have always been something to go to for a bit of a change or when the weather properly craps out. For day to day my jones is far better and more fun machine. Having said that I imported a stonking little mini fat for my lad and watching him get the fat bug and go wild for big rubber has definitely rekindled my “wahey its got massive wheels!!” Vibe. 😀

cheekyget
    Free Member

There’s some killer deals on Spesh Fatboys at the moment; but I’m struggling to see past the Canyon Dude with Bluto.

Is anything better value?

Rose Tusker 1or 2???

I’m ordering the 1

divenwob
    Free Member

Like this

Good taste, mine should be here next week! 8)

ohnohesback
    Free Member

How is the rolling resistance of the extra fat tyres compared to a ‘skinny’ mountain bike?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The Tusker is OK, but the carbon frame and DT wheelset of the Canyon is a big plus. Look at that claimed weight!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How is the rolling resistance of the extra fat tyres compared to a ‘skinny’ mountain bike?

its there, but its not as bad as it looks, ive no trouble keeping up on group rides and it’ll do an average of 13mph on the road (id only average 16.5-17 on the road bike).

divenwob
    Free Member

@Scottchegg, Figured I would save £500 if I lost the 2.5kg! 😆 Thing is base bike + Bluto + Stealth Reverb + delivery = under £1400.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Another thread talks about the Tusker being sold out until April 2016!

It’s amazing what a good price something can be if you don’t actually have to sell any at that price.

loddrik
    Free Member

Mark, I saw one being ridden along Ranelagh St the other week, rider had full gear on. It’s natural element…..?

divenwob
    Free Member

Ordered mine 6 weeks ago, had stock earlier last week and assumed that was still the case as Cheekyget had said he was putting an order in,probably best to confirm stock levels with Rose.On the other hand it cant have been a bad deal if it has sold out so soon eh?

benji
    Free Member

Got mine end of January, can’t stop riding it, love it. It’s big bouncy and fun.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Another thread talks about the Tusker being sold out until April 2016!

It’s amazing what a good price something can be if you don’t actually have to sell any at that price.

Yes that was me after I spoke to Finley, the he emailed and told me after speaking to Rose it’ll now be 5 weeks delivery time

Thanks divenwob for posting a pic of your Tusker……I would have gone for something else otherwise…cheers chum!!

rickmeister

Use is indeed limited…

Argue your limitations, and they are indeed yours.

Year round for me. Alps, snow, beaches, urban…

Keep up with the other club riders on an 18kmh average 45k ride…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

benji,

you got the Fatboy didn’t you?

How’s it shaping up?

benji
    Free Member

@ScottChegg – Yes I got a fatboy, it’s brilliant, handle like an oversize 29er. It’s been competitive straight out the box, only things I’ve changed was the saddle as I bent that during a minor crash, whoops, and the bottom bracket bearings as they lunched themselves but it’s seen good mileage in all conditions so plenty of wet and grit so nothing abnormal. If it went missing I wouldn’t hesitate in getting another, it’s been my go to bike since I got it.

Lester
    Free Member

I’ve got a large carbon bear grease for sale if anyone is interested 🙂

beermonst3r44
    Free Member

I was rolling down a hill on my cannondale with 2.3 tyres on and my mate on his charge cooker stopped peddling and I literally just pulled away . The resistance is quite massive . People who say they can keep with other riders on normal size wheels and tyre are clearly fitter than they think .

rOcKeTdOg

People who say they can keep with other riders on normal size wheels and tyre are clearly fitter than they think .

you certainly notice it when you get back on a normal bike

ansell007
    Free Member

Ride mine all year in fact out on it yesterday….Tried out the slick tires

Drac

I was rolling down a hill on my cannondale with 2.3 tyres on and my mate on his charge cooker stopped peddling and I literally just pulled away

Fatrider?

tezatron
    Free Member

I’m in the market for another fat bike on the cheap. I like the look of the Charge Cooker Maxi 1 which I’ve seen for £650.00 and Voodoo Wazoo for £500.00.
    I have a box full of drivetrain spares and finishing kit I can swap out but from a frame / fork / wheelset point of view is there any massive diferences that I am overlooking?? Thanks.

Oh and I know I could buy used but not much about currently.

rickmeister

There is a Fatbike buy and sell on Facebook… some things on there also.

muddyground
    Free Member

Will let you know once mine is built up. Certainly plan on using it a lot, and figure a set of spare 650b wheels with 50mm rims may well future proof it.

tezatron
    Free Member

Have you got a Wazoo on it’s way muddyground?

cakefacesmallblock

Looked at Halfords online a fortnight back on Friday. They showed Wazoo in stock in Sheffield and Aberystwyth. Wanting to go ride at Nant yr Arian on the following Monday, I figured I’d pick up a Wazoo at Aberystwyth afterwards. Went online on the Saturday, to reserve one and they had sold out.
    Rang Halfords, who told me there was stock in order, they’d find a due date and ring me back. Heard nothing.
    When I last looked the bike has been taken off their web page.

muddyground
    Free Member

No – usual impulse buy of a half price “bargain” in the On-One sales. Turned into the longest build in history.

tezatron
    Free Member

Ahh I see. I love those “bargain” builds. Normally works out cheaper to of just got the full bike!!

I noticed the Wazoo was off the site, surely they haven’t sold out that quick otherwise there would be more people on the web / forums raving or slating about them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Fatbikes’ is closed to new replies.