Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fatbikers:If you could ride a lap of Silverstone with a F1 world champion…
  • ciderinsport
    Free Member

… would you?

I ask because a company I have had dealings with recently may be offering this in 2015! They are mainly aiming the event at roadies, but after a chat, the bloke behind it likes the spectacle that could be dozens of fatbikes doing a chilled lap, and finding all the gravel traps 😉

If it comes off, it looks like a weekends camping with a load of entertainment etc will be on offer for around £30 including the first ever fat bike mass lap!

I would sign up just for the laugh and party! Would you?

PS. I have nothing to do with this other than knowing about it! Just think it would be ace, being a F1 fan Grin

Edit: on your fatbike!

bookwyse
    Free Member

Could be fun, especially if we could do it with the roadies…….

bikeneil
    Free Member

Riding a balloon tyred bike on hot tarmac for several miles you ask? Sounds great.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    JohnClimber
    Free Member

Depends when it is and if we can bring the dog to watch as well (no dog sitter)

They do need to stipulate a fat bike is any bike with a tyre as big or larger than a Surly Endomoph the original fat tyre (29er+’s are only semi fat)

So it’s a definatly maybe from me?

ampthill

I can imagine that in a race where every bike has the wrong tyres on will lead to alot of debate about slicks and that tyre isn’t fat enough

any way have fun

hot_fiat

Yes, would definitely be up for that.

@JohnClimber sadly not, Silverstone along with most racing circuits forbids dogs anywhere near the premises (for very good reasons)… as i found out when I tried to get on site once with my last dog strapped into his seat..

gardron
    Free Member

Oh hell yeah.

If we’re doing it with roadies, it gives me an excuse to put TT bars on my beargrease too

neilwheel
    Free Member

Only if I can put a hidden motor in the frame………………

stuey
    Free Member

+1
    Will we get a ‘pace car bike’ ?

njee20
    Free Member

The fat bike element of that seems entirely at odds… F1 driver, F1 circuit, fat bike. Spot the odd one out. 😕

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Kimi?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Kimi?

Nope!

The fat bike element of that seems entirely at odds… F1 driver, F1 circuit, fat bike. Spot the odd one out.

Quite the point! Makes for an interesting talking point 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fatbikers:If you could ride a lap of Silverstone with a F1 world champion…’ is closed to new replies.