Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fatbike on Bennachie?
  • roverpig

I was riding up from Donview (on the main trail that was trashed by the felling and storms last winter) on Tuesday evening. At the top where it gets a bit muddy with a few roots I noticed some tyre tracks, one of which looked a lot fatter than the rest. Is somebody riding a fattie over Bennachie?

trail_rat
    Free Member

not me……….not ever…..

roverpig

Hmmmm. Are you sure? cos you were my prime suspect.

trail_rat
    Free Member

lower reaches but ive not ventured up top with it.

ive left tread marks on most of the other local trails mind you.

apparently there is one other fat bike been spotted out scolty way according to my neighbour – not seen them about though.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Might have been an MX bike. I caught one descending Cairn William ascent track a few weeks ago so someone’s using one in the area although fatbike treads are usually very low knobs.

I have a Minion DHF 2.5 at very low pressure on my front, might look a bit fatbike-like…

roverpig

This wasn’t on top, just the upper end of what Strava calls the Donview Warm-up Climb. Looked like quite a smooth tyre. Wide with just a few tread lines. Fair play to anybody who managed to ride a fatbike up that trail from the car park though as it’s a bit of a mess.

suburban
    Free Member

encountered a chap on a MX bike and heard a few trial bikes in and around the hill.

I am a local and have ridden bennachie, millstone on my home built fatty. Just back from Scotly last night, which is stupidly fast just now. And yes its hard work!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fatbike on Bennachie?’ is closed to new replies.