Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fat, ugly swollen finger…
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Before I ask, I know the answer is “see a doctor”, but hey…

Twice in the last week I have had spontaneous internal bleeding between the joints of my right index finger causing it to swell and bruise.

I’ve had this happen a few times in the past (same finger, I think) and thought nothing of it but twice in a week and, on both occasions, after a long, punishing hill run worries me a bit.

I notice that I get “Edward Sausagehands” syndrome when I’m out hillwalking – could it just be elevated peripheral blood pressure causing a trivial capillary rupture, or should I be concerned?

scotroutes

I’m not getting that these are alternatives. Go.See.A.Doctor.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Don’t you get slightly swollen hands and feet when you’re running/walking, druidh? (Perhaps my terminology is wrong)

I thought that was normal 😯

scotroutes

I recognise the “podgy finger” feeling, but nothing like that extent.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Sausagehands die down v. quickly after exercise but the bruising happened this morning (after a run in the Ochils yesterday afternoon), so may be unconnected. Perhaps I’m looking for causality where there is correlation.

Starts with a sharp pain then fairly instant swelling and bruising. Pain doesn’t last long but it takes a day for the bruising to subside.

wrightyson
    Free Member

If it had been your knob you’d have been down the docs straight away. Go get it checked out! Fingers after all, are very handy to have!

Esme
    Free Member

It sounds like a haematoma. Probably nothing serious in itself . . . although it could potentially be caused by a heart condition. Get it checked out!

I had this about 15 years ago, and spent a couple of days in hospital with an anti-coagulant drip . . . which made my sun-burnt ears bleed over the white pillow cases 😳

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Eeek!

As I say, I’ve had this before over a period of the last 15 years or so, but two incidents in a week does concern me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fat, ugly swollen finger…’ is closed to new replies.