Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Fat tyre prices!!!
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They tend to go whichever way my bars are facing, unless I’ve got my weight and positioning on the bike wrong. Maybe this is where you are going wrong?. Either that, or you’re possibly another one one snob?.

brant
    Free Member

The three major high-end Far Eastern contract tyre manufacturers (Vee-rubber, Kenda & CST/Maxxis) stick to this arrangement as

… Especially as surly use Innova

doh
    Free Member

Okay SS stu what is the extra awesome tyre you have chosen to use.

singlespeedstu

Either that, or you’re possibly another one one snob?.

Nope. Keep digging.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ndw6ni]DSCF3092[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

Yep I must be an On one snob as i got shot of my Mukluk for a Fatback, then got shot of that for an On One.
    Frame and fork handles great, tyres not so much so…

They tend to go whichever way my bars are facing

**** me even Mrs stu noticed the self steer and she can ride a bike that’s falling to bit’s and not notice.

You carry on though if you’re happy. 8)

what is the extra awesome tyre you have chosen to use.

Bud front year round. On the rear Hu Du when it’s dryish Nate when it’s swap like. All tubless on Rolling D rims.

hatter

I didn’t say those were the only manufacturers out there, nor did I suggest Surly used any one of those three, I just used Surly as an example as it seemed the most pertinent to this thread.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Read my first post, I don’t ride where you do. Or just choose to ignore it. Again.

singlespeedstu

You could ride up the street outside anyones house and notice the self steer..
    Or is your road make of some special regonal specific compound. 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You win. You and your wife are riding gods. Night night.

singlespeedstu

Oh dear. Your offended because some people think some tyres are shite.
    Awsum. 8)

epicyclo

singlespeedstu – Member
    All you people claiming Floaters are ace.
    Have you tried any other fat tyres?
    I personaly find the floater okish for a rear tyre buy complete pants on the front.

I regard the Floater as a summer tyre.

On any depth of mud with camber, it’s lethal, which is fair enough because the lugs are shallow and it’s obvious.

For a 4″ tyre, nothing grips like the Nate IMO, but in summer I don’t want to drag it around.

Brant while you’re here, how about a studded fat tyre?

ton

my god, that will mean taking a 2nd mortgage out…….. 😯

igm

Give the boy a chance.

Brant if you want any fat tyre testing in Yorkshire I’m up for it.

Email in profile.

Please.

Go on.

Please.

Even studded…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ton, your model is entirely different to the tyre/manufacture one.

SSStu, great big hitting, go you!

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I have a on one fatty. It has on one floaters on it!

It has for the 16 months I’ve had it! I’ve not tried anything else yet.

This is because I got another pair at £20 each! Apart from winning the lottery and having £notes to burn, at that price I will buy again!

There may be better – I don’t know! But Brant did a superb job bringing fat bikes and fat bits to those of us who couldn’t afford / find the excuse to buy a fat bike! Brant, you deserve a big slice of cake 😉

Ride a fat bike – they are all ace in their own way 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

I’d like to see a Vee do a front/rear specific fatbike set. I know that Shiggy said that he designed a pair of fatbike tires for On-One, but that only the Floater (rear) was manufactured.

And if Vee has any molds for older designs, they need to get the ok from the owner to produce some gumwall tires for the retrobike market! Panaracer do a gumwall batch of their Smoke and Dart periodically, but it would be nice to have some other choices! WTB still sell their Velociraptors, but in blackwall only.

Matt24k
    Free Member

You forgot to mention that it needs to retail at £35 😉
    Any product that is in a niche within a niche, within a niche within the smallest niche within a niche market sector will be more expensive than something that is useful to the majority of consumers. Especially if it is sold via the traditional route to the end user, manufacturer, to global brand owner, to local importer to retailer to retail customer.
    Any section you can cut out of the supply chain saves costs but each section will have a vested interest in marketing the product and therefore making it more successful,
    Ton, I’m not sure which sector your employer works in but do you supply through a traditional route to market with a bricks and mortar retailer?

tazzymtb

Have ridden all sorts of fat rubber for years including really early imported vee tyres before they started making for on one etc…

Floaters are marginally less self steery than old endomorphs and vee devistators but are massively cack compared to nates, bud, dillinger, and even the kenda juggernaut which is cheap as chips.

So I sort of agree with that stu blokey

epicyclo

Matt24k – Member

You forgot to mention that it needs to retail at £35…

Och no, I’m no stingy Scot. I’d pay up to £36… 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

brant – Member

I’m doing some work with Vee Rubber.

I bought some of the cheap Flow/Fluid 650b tyres from On-One, the compound is great, seems more tacky than Maxxis’s super tacky compound….but the 2.4 widths were all that were in stock, great for a hard charging front tyre but a little too wide for a rear (for my liking anyway)….any chance of getting them to do some 650b tyres in narrower 2.2 – 2.35 widths but keeping the excellent tacky compound?

Cheers.

singlespeedstu

Have ridden all sorts of fat rubber for years

😯 You were a little late to the party buy at least you were at the original party. 😉

tazzymtb

Lols at stu 😉 xx

singlespeedstu

😛

coastkid
    Free Member

How STW has changed, Once you got flamed on here for riding a fat tyre bike- before they were called fatbikes.
    Now folks are slating each other over what Fat tyres they should use! WTF! 🙄
    Who gives a shit what anyone else thinks what your riding, if it works for you where you ride, then use it! 😉 🙂

singlespeedstu

Stick to your 2.5 Minions noob. 😉

coastkid
    Free Member

Aye i`m a noob… 😕

singlespeedstu

Hence the 😉

coastkid
    Free Member

🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Fat tyre prices!!!’ is closed to new replies.