Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 159 total)
  • Fat (sorry obese!) person blames hospital for poor care….
  • Clink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-11651010

Obviously the patient has no responsibility for being so bloody FAT! There – I said it.

jon1973
    Free Member

I agree. Fat people should only ever be the subject of ridicule.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

some bag of lard around here tried to sue the ambulance service because he was too heavy for them to carry so they left him while they brought the ambulance closer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheBrick
    Free Member

Yes, I understand the mechanics of these machines,

I doubt you do.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Must… resist…. ranting….. 😆

DrRSwank
    Free Member

That IS funny.

geoffj

Ah, the last bastion of acceptable discrimination.

falkirk-mark

I felt like a freak

Yes, that is because you are a freak

jon1973
    Free Member

“They can scan animals, so why can’t they scan me?”

to be fair, they don’t usually scan Hippos.

cynic-al
    Free Member

She said after being unable to fit in an MRI scanner, she called both London and Bristol zoos asking to be scanned.

*sniggers*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Damn too slow.

Phoning a zoo…. brlliant. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

“I felt a freak. I feel alien to the NHS and that I don’t fit in anywhere.”

Eileen Forde weighed 34 stone (215kg) before having a gastric sleeve operation which involves removing 85% of the stomach.

I guess this happens when you are three times the average weight of a woman.

Ah, the last bastion of acceptable discrimination[/Quote]
    You can mock people for things they can change and choose to do? Surely this including overeating?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Quick dart her….

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I’m sorry but if you’re that sort of weight you pay the price. Blame yourself, not the NHS.

There’s no excuse for being that sort of weight, it’s bad for society and yourself.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member
    jon1973
    Free Member

I wish the BBC had done a “give us your views” on this article.

geoffj

You can mock people for things they can change and choose to do?

quite!

D0NK

Expanding waistlines are forcing many councils to spend thousands widening their furnaces

From BBSBs link. That’s not good in these times of austerity, I suppose if I was to suggest trimming the furnace-ee, people on here would get upset.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

re BBSB’s post…. why can’t they just cut ’em up a bit and pack ’em in tight?

Great minds eh Donk?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Some details are wrong in that story – there are bariatric ( fat barsteward ) sized beds, chairs, wheelchairs, toilets and the nonsense about the beds being higher – all hospital beds are height adjustable these days.

Hospitals should make adjustments for bariatric ( fat barsteward) patients. They have done – at great expense. I have seen commodes nearly 4 ft wide specially bought for the bloaters

Clink

I wish the BBC had done a “give us your views” on this article.

Exactly! I thought they would be a section, but they obviously knew what the repsonse might be…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You can mock people for things they can change and choose to do? Surely this including overeating?

What a ridiculous attitude. Why not grow up and see that people are different. Would you really want a homogeneous world, where everyone did nice safe hobbies?

Jamie
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti:

Quick dart her….

Will do!

*gets out the big darts*

*looks at target*

*gets out the biggerer darts*

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why not grow up and see that people are different

Why not chill out rather than just run with a line and say stupid things about it. You would fit in one wouldn’t you ? 😉
    I only said you can mock people for the choices they make in life

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

re BBSB’s post…. why can’t they just cut ’em up a bit and pack ’em in tight?

Great minds eh Donk?

Actually, I bet power stations have big doors, so why bother with crematoria? Hmm maybe we should be encouraging obesity so we can have chubby-powered tv’s and stuff

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I know, that’s why i was mocking you. Sorry, I didn’t realise that you meant you can mock other people for the choices they make in life.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

What a ridiculous attitude. Why not grow up and see that people are different. Would you really want a homogeneous world, where everyone did nice safe hobbies?

I think it should be positively encouraged to mock the obese – it should be a social stigma to be UNHEALTHILY Fat.

Shes complaining because she has got so fat that she now has heath problems from being so fat that she’s having to have surgery to do something about how fat she is and now because she is so fat she can’t fit in the scanner. Maybe she shouldnt have gotten herself so fat that she didnt need surgery in the first place.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

BBSB – I was thinking the very same thing.

This Big Society lark, plus the fact that Dave is my local MP, means I should write a letter.

hora
    Free Member

😆

In the Manchester Royal Infirmary I sat in one of those large chairs. I actually thought it’d be great for a loving couple to share (or a large heffer).

bristolbiker
    Free Member

A drunken conversation the pub the other day resulted in a plan to ‘treat’ the obese by putting them in an induced coma on an IV an putting them in a bath of coolant (Matrix style). As they slimmed down, the low grade heat was collected and sold to power stations so the start temp of the steam cycle water was higher thus using less energy to produce electricy.

Couple of months later, out they come, thin as bean poles and everyone’s happy. What’s not to like……

geoffj

What, like being a thieving gypsy bastard?
    ….and before you all jump up and down, my point is that Junkyard usually appears to be one of the more liberal, open minded and perhaps kind people on here. Seems a bit odd for his halo to slip on something like this.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I think it should be positively encouraged to mock the obese – it should be a social stigma to be UNHEALTHILY Fat.

…and those who do dangerous sports

bigyinn
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

Quick dart her….
    Coffeee meet screen!!!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

…and those who do dangerous sports

I cant see how my costs incurred in say a broken arm are anything over and above that of some who broke their arm say, playing football?

She chose a lifestyle that has led to heath problems and to a physical form that incurs costs over and above what a typical sized human would require.

I accept that my lifestyle will result in injury and for this reason only I carry health insurance, both for the option of alternate care and because I dont see why my choices should financially impinge on the NHS.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I cant see how my costs incurred in say a broken arm are anything over and above that of some who broke their arm say, playing football?

It’s the likelihood of breaking your arm that is the issue. It seemed to me that the case was being made that those who lead lifestyle which make them more likely to need NHS care, should be hectored by us good taxpaying citizens who end up having to pay.

The health insurance is a different issue of course. But interesting to see that you seem to think that paying for private health care is a way of helping the NHS

Jamie
    Free Member

I think Charlie’s real first name is Hugh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I know, that’s why i was mocking you

Clever it went over my head 😳

Seems a bit odd for his halo to slip on something like this.

Damn another fair point 😳

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I know, that’s why i was mocking you

Clever it went over my head

Yeah, there should be a tax on stupid people as well 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Taking part in exercise whilst posing an immediate threat in the form of a broken bone, will have long term benefits that outweigh this.
    ie reduced risk of coronary disease.

Taken as a whole what percentage of mountain bikers make use of the NHS on a weekly basis as a result of the sport? How many fat **** do?

Stop being fools.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Taken as a whole what percentage of mountain bikers make use of the NHS on a weekly basis as a result of the sport? How many fat **** do?

I don’t know. What’s the answer?

Can we count damage to bawbags, impotence, tumours, cysts?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘Fat (sorry obese!) person blames hospital for poor care….’ is closed to new replies.