Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • fat roadies?
  • jam-bo

whats all that about then?

loads out today on dartmoor. some sights to behold….all in one lycra team strips and 20st of chub isnt what you expect to see everyday. i chuckled…

will
    Free Member

😆

scaredypants

It’s the weather for part-timers innit ?

even I got out for a quick road ride this morning
    not 20st but I’ve a bit of chafing where my belly catches the crossbar

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

😀

sharki
    Free Member

It’s the Dunkery dash tomorrow, perhaps Dartmoor has it’s own version today ‘the warren house wobble’

HTTP404
    Free Member

are you sure they just weren’t lost mountain bikers?

jam-bo

pretty sure, seeing as how they were on the road, on road bikes.

one of them wasn’t far off steve’s pic…

antigee

that would be mtb peeps starting to train for the summer season
    🙂

mingsta
    Free Member

all in one lycra team strips and 20st of chub isnt what you expect to see everyday

Well if Lance can stage a comeback, why can’t Jan?

speaker2animals

Sorry to offend but my 102kg will be out in roadie kit tomorrow. I’ve got 2 mtbs too! Ooh what am I? Roadie, mountainbiker? Or just cyclist? Whatever it is I’m also a fat git but still gonna ride me bike. Ugger you mate!

mikey74
    Free Member

If you listened to the people on this forum, no one should be allowed to ride bikes as they will always offend someone, somewhere.

Aren’t fat people allowed to get fit now?

jam-bo

it didnt offend me. it made me chuckle.

mind you dont fall off that high horse…

Peregrine
    Free Member

S2A – On this forum it’s OK to insult people who are over weight, its one prejudice that’s considered acceptable – To some.

Jamie
    Free Member

Fat people in lycra is funny. As is fat people on high horses…..and wearing lycra.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Fat bastards on road bikes?

17 stones worth here thankyou :p

Jamie
    Free Member

At least you have had the good judgement to go for a slimming black ensemble tho 😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

🙂

I’ve got some vertically striped bib tights coming.

higgo
    Free Member

If the small-minded want a chuckle, I’m off to haul my lardy self round the Spud Riley course this morning.

If I see you laughing though I might have to daddy splash you.

AB
    Free Member

Man likes cake. Man likes bike.

^^I’m guessing…

speedy119
    Free Member

typical mentality of small minded individuals, whom think they are god’s gift…….

one day you may be blessed with an extended girth- i wonder if you will be riding your bike then?

at least they are out riding their bikes enjoying the countryside.

just remember that 20st chubster could be an ex national champion,or the like and could still rip your puny little legs off 😉 😯 😉

ganic
    Free Member

i think its valid, at what point does wearing lycra become offensive? Different people have different tolerances.

Some people would say any lycra is offensive, i guess i am sickened (maybe thats too strong) to see roly polys in lycra. You have to earn the right, you cant just go buy some shorts then go riding in it. You should have to put the miles in first, in the winter too, commute in rain, snow and wind, ride in the mud, hone yourself on the anvil of the bike!

In summary, go fatties, ride the, erm gentle breeze, but for gods sake, no lycra. And before you say im being fattist, im really not fatist. I think you’ll find you are fattist!

njee20
    Free Member

I for one have no problem with fatties riding bikes, good on them for losing a bit of weight.

What I don’t get is the ones like Steves photos, who make it far far worse by squeezing into wildly inappropriate kit, that is funny!

Free Member

haha, gotta love the ‘fatties are allowed to ride bikes and wear appropriate clothing, as authorised by the STW posse’ attitude 😉 haha!!

Fat or thin, black or white, whatever, someone is out on a bike and is enjoying themselves.

JT

crazy-legs

Agree with njee20, I’ve got no problem with anyone riding bikes, everyone has to start somewhere and it’s great to see them out doing some exercise.

But don’t they look in a mirror before setting off?!

😉

Physiosteve
    Free Member

LUV IT…!
    Any of u pencil thin dweebs wana take a 17st lard arse like me on a TT I’d be well up 4 it. SOme of us fat dudes might be part time but wev’e got sum big powerful legs. granted most of u wud murder me on the hills but on the flat 500W on a progressive ramp suggests I can lay down a bit o power.

CMon Big boys stand up 4 urselves…! lol

PS bit of a hypocrit tho since currently saving for a Scale and desperate to become an XC whippet but wi genes like mine it cud be tough..!
    PPS any tips to keep leg strength whilst fat burning greatly appreciated

glenp
    Free Member

Not half as embarrassing as getting all togged up in super baggy freeride clothing and getting yourself a big-hitting horse-sized “aggressive xc” bike to go with it just to disguise the fact that you’re a bit tubby and slow!

stufield
    Free Member

All 17.5 stone of my on Alpe D’Heuz
    I agree on the flat we larger lads can give some whippets a run for their money

hicksville
    Free Member

No problems with anyone getting out there and getting fit, good luck to them. What I hate is fat people in 4 x 4 shouting abuse at me as they by on a country lane on the way to the country pub lunch…………..happen to me this morning!

Big-M
    Free Member

I’m a big fat lad at 6’4″ amd nearly 20 stone. I ride a road bike, a mountain bike and a bmx! Racked up 76 miles on the raod this morning whislt wearing lycra. I don’t care if offended anyone, form over function every time, if I was racing my BMX I’d have put my pads and full face helmet on, that might offend some I’m sure.

But I don’t worry about it, I’m a cyclist and I’m having fun.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I mean, yeah, imagine this fat old bloke being able to ride a road bike hey:

Suggsey
    Free Member

As a fat cyclist too I do agree re the offensive vision of some fatties in lycra all it needs is a bit of shopping about to get the right size so you aint bustin out of the damn stuff. For me I find that Assos hold in the moobs and love handles a treat. 😛

theotherjonv

I always think to measure who’s really the fitness we should handicap back to a fixed weight like in horse racing.

When I was playing football and preseason training every year, one of the early season delights was shuttle runs in pairs – swapping piggybacks each time. Whoever got the delight of working with my 14st soon found out that I’d be carrying them about long after they’d started crying while carrying me.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Good luck to fatties, I say.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Any of u pencil thin dweebs wana take a 17st lard arse like me on a TT I’d be well up 4 it. SOme of us fat dudes might be part time but wev’e got sum big powerful legs. granted most of u wud murder me on the hills but on the flat 500W on a progressive ramp suggests I can lay down a bit o power.

Are you not forgetting ‘power to weight ratio’, you chubbers??

Unless most of your lardy bulk is muscle, you’ll be lugging excess ballast around. A skinnier person, whilst maybe not producing the wattage, will have a greater PWR and therefore be more efficient, and faster. And you’d be using up a load more energy, to maintain a similar pace.

Anthropometric comparison of cyclists from different events.

You might be better at darts, though! 😉

BTW: All men should be banned from wearing lycra. It’s just not on. Disgusting.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Paulsoxo love the fact you are actually an MTBer on a road bike .. look at that kit! Not enough lycra to be a roadie!

hels
    Free Member

You would be surprised how fast fat lads can be on a road bike – get behind one on a flat crit race for some sweet drafting…

paulosoxo
    Free Member

😆

How about this one then?

brakes
    Free Member

we’re all fat on the inside

Physiosteve
    Free Member

Rudeboy u muppet…!
    I know its powere to weight ratio, and the steeper it is the more affect it has but on TT’s or gentle inclines its not that much of a disadvantage espesh if your quite aerodynamic (have i just contradicted myself there….?)

CMon fatties giv it too em….!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘fat roadies?’ is closed to new replies.