• This topic has 179 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 180 total)
  • Fat nurses
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member

Is there such a thing as a hospital with a McDonald’s / KFC / BK in it?

Yep, Mayday University Hospital in Croydon has a Burger King inside the hospital………bang opposite the main entrance in fact, should you ever be there and get a tad peckish d. starship

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’m not saying I’m an athlete but I don’t think you can call me a fat bastard.

I was fat though but I’m not calling nurses fat out of smugness.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was fat though but I’m not calling nurses fat out of smugness.

Well I hope you weren’t riding a bike when you were fat……….I would hate to think that you were sending out the wrong message concerning us handsome athletic types what ride bikes.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

BTW, you’re not related to this guy are you ?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Gone all nasty.

LIGAS.

No, no, I started off nasty, it’s just that you didn’t notice it.

McHamish
    Free Member

I had an arguement with a fat nurse once.

There was no soap in the toilets and I tried 4 empty containers of the anti-bacterial handwash stuff before asking the first nurse I saw whether they took MRSA seriously in the hospital.

She got quite angry with me.

I should have brought up her weight too.

tonyd

Harry_the_Spider

Good grief. 😯 I thought my screen had melted for a moment.

dogbert
    Free Member

There are some people I respect based solely on the job they do and how they are treated for doing it (pay, pay rises, hours, how they’re treated by the government) and while i’m sure there are a fair few doing the job that probably shoudn’t be let near people, Nurses are one group that I would not speak bad of.

I’m not saying I’m an athlete but I don’t think you can call me a fat bastard.

Can we call you ugly instead? 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Can we call you ugly instead?

That’s not Derek. Derek’s obviously standing behind the fat bastard in that picture.

Pigface
    Free Member

😀 sorry but Charlie M that made me chuckle.

derek_starship
    Free Member

tonyd – is there also an “after” picture?

What about fat nuns?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

is there also an “after” picture?

Well I’ve got a “before” picture if that helps

Kit
    Free Member

ernie, give it a rest…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well d. starship seems to want to carry it on……..who am I to deny him that ?

backhander
    Free Member

I remember that thread. One of the funniest ever IMO.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

linky?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

EDIT

[d. starship is very touchy about people commenting on his weight……so I have edited and removed the link]

j_me
    Free Member

too cruel Mr Lynch !

Kit
    Free Member

Well d. starship seems to want to carry it on……..who am I to deny him that ?

You’ve made your point about derek’s weight a number of times now. He gets it, we get it. You’re only doing this to antagonise him. Why bother? I’m sure you can use your energy for more constructive purposes.

derek_starship
    Free Member

ernie_lynch.

No biggy there mate. I posted that pic on here myself just the other day. Your attempt to somehow embarrass me has failed.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

d. starship is very touchy about people commenting on his weight……so I have edited and removed the link

Too late, i already saw it. It was giggleworthy, but my favourite line was this

Ignoring advice given from experience is contemptable i think.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I’m a nurse, and I’m not fat, just festively plump. I am, however, a bit morally loose, and frankly, a tart. I smoke like a smokey thing, and have a crap diet. Having said that, I work hard within a pretty thankless, stressful and potentially dangerous environment, and despite the fact that one or two on here seem to think that as a profession we’re well paid, I feel that I earn my £26500 a year. That’s living the vida loca! (That last bit was meant to be ironic, by the way).

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You’ve made your point about derek’s weight a number of times now. He gets it, we get it. You’re only doing this to antagonise him. Why bother?

Well as I’ve already mentioned, his “is there also an “after” picture?” suggested that he wanted to keep it going – I wasn’t getting the impression that he wanted to leave it.

I’ve edited my post now, but on the thread in question, I actually defended him from some of the ridicule he received about his weight – after it became obvious that he was upset. I think he is now guilty of some impressive hypocrisy for starting a thread about “fat nurses”

derek_starship
    Free Member

The “is there also an after picture?” question was in relation to the ward number shown in the picture in tonyd’s post.

Keep up ernie lad.

Kit
    Free Member

I think he is now guilty of some impressive hypocrisy for starting a thread about “fat nurses”

Why? He was making a point about someone overweight giving advice to people on their health (seemingly contradictory to their own lifestyle). Where’s the hypocrisy? Derek’s not espousing diet plans or slagging them off for only being fatties, so I don’t see where the hypocrisy is.

tonyd

Derek – ah, very good. I was wondering what the hell you were talking about! I think that may have been the after (too many pies) picture. Enough about fat nurses, let’s talk about dishy doctors – Holby City is on tomorrow night (I think?), I can’t wait!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Why? He was making a point about someone overweight giving advice to people on their health

But surely their advice was based on experience and whilst he didn’t say he’d ignore, he seemed to think that it was undermined by their weight, when he himself had said

Ignoring advice given from experience is contemptable i think.

so, that does seem a bit hypocritical

Woody
    Free Member

There was no soap in the toilets and I tried 4 empty containers of the anti-bacterial handwash stuff before asking the first nurse I saw whether they took MRSA seriously in the hospital.

I’m surprised the nurse didn’t apologise profusely, offer to wipe your dick as an emergency procedure, abandon her/his patients and rush off to refill all the containers for you once you were safely zipped up. After all there are few things in life worse than a smartarsed prick with dirty hands 8)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

There was no soap in the toilets and I tried 4 empty containers of the anti-bacterial handwash stuff before asking the first nurse I saw whether they took MRSA seriously in the hospital

What made you think that the soap in the toilets was the responsibility of a nurse?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

smartarsed prick with dirty hands

Wasn’t that a Jimmy Cagney film?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Kit – Member

Why? He was making a point about someone overweight giving advice to people on their health (seemingly contradictory to their own lifestyle). Where’s the hypocrisy?

Well Kit, as you seem not to want to “leave it” and want to continue this by asking me a question, first of all it’s worth mentioning that d. starship fully expected to get stick over this, hence his comment on his original post *dons lots of kevlar* . Secondly, despite the declaimer “I’m not generalising” he does exactly that. He mentions “a lot of the nurses in our local doctors surgeries and hospitals” a lot ? how many nurses does he have at his local surgery ? We’ve only got one at ours and she’s part time. And finally, the reference to hypocrisy concerns not to the fact that he is, or was, fat, but that he is clearly extremely touchy himself, about being accused of being fat. And yet he is perfectly happy to make sweeping generalisations concerning fat nurses. Yes, maybe the nurse who took his blood was overweight and there is a point to be made. But he should have been more careful not to make a general remark about nurses if he is so touchy himself about being labelled fat. And maybe he shouldn’t start a thread on a topic which he is so sensitive about ? Just my opinion like.

udder
    Free Member

Whoah there. Are you suggesting that teachers are somehow bottom of the pile?

I’m not slating Teachers, but teaching kids how to read and write is in the same league as caring for people’s health. Also, teachers get a rather generous amount of holiday, are home most nights by six and have every weekend off. Recovering from a bunch of night shifts is no easy task and usually takes all of their days off to recover from them whereas teachers can wake up on a Saturday morning and do what they like. I’d like to see how a teacher would get on with teaching a class full kids at 4am too, but when someone’s lying in a ward dying in the middle of the night a Nurse HAS to be on their game.

Also, no one sues a Teacher if their kid fails their exams at the end of the year, but if a Nurse makes one tiny mistake they might end up costing someone their LIFE.

£26,500 a year is f*ck all reward for the responsibilities of a Nurse in my opinion. There are also a lot of Nurses out there earning a lot less than that too. If you think that’s a fair wage then there’s something critically wrong with you, and maybe you need to see a Nurse yourself…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Ernie, time to leave it now or Derek will pick you up throw you to the ground.

also

Also, teachers get a rather generous amount of holiday, are home most nights by six and have every weekend off

😀

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Just an awful lot of fatties everywhere these days, mostly due to laziness and greed

Bunters where I work just stagger from home into the car then rock into work (I say rock because they sort of amble along rocking from side to side gaining some forward momentum) think its because their grossly fat thighs rub together so they can’t walk in a normal manner

Never walk upstairs if they can use the lift and its blind panic after a fire drill when they switch the lifts off

Hate the sight of the gluttenous bastards, sickening watching them always stuffing cakes and crisps in their ever open mouths and swilling on big bottles of coke

Swear some have a chipsmade to wake them up before they rock to their ensuite chiproom, probably have frying oil delivered by tanker. Most of these are ex telephone operators so have spent their entire working life sat on their arse

j_me
    Free Member

I’m not slating Teachers, but…..

😀

Kit
    Free Member

Well Kit, as you seem not to want to “leave it” and want to continue this by asking me a question

My plea for you to cease was to stop your predictable and unnecessary jibes at his weight. If indeed he is so sensitive about it then why carry on mentioning it? I’m not making any personal affronts to you (I hope), simply questioning why you feel the need to labour the point.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

maybe to see if he could take what he was giving out?

tonyd

I do find it quite remarkable to watch people go out of their way to take the lift. Where I work the stairs are by the entrance, you have to walk some distance past them to get to the lift. A lot of people go past the stairs and take the lift to the first floor, then double back and walk past the stairs to get to their desks.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is this thread worth reading, or is it just the usual load of bollocks? Any actual intelligent content?

Udder; do you actually know any teachers? 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘Fat nurses’ is closed to new replies.