Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Fat Lad at the Back
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Gimmick or well made cycle clothing for the larger gentleman.

On another note, why do I want to wear bib shorts over normal shorts? what is the advantage?

Speeder

It’s a bizarre brand name I just don’t get but they’ve been on Dragons Den and seem to be doing ok so who am I to comment?

As for bibs over shorts – it’s all about comfort – they stay up because of the braces rather than an elasticated waistband so don’t cut you in half.

thegreatape
    Free Member

And no exposed lower back if your shirt rides up.

As for the FLAB stuff, some of it looks quite nice, but it’s trying a bit hard I think. Like howies (who have nicked n+1 for a t-shirt don’t you know).

MoreCashThanDash

Have a pair of FLAB bibshorts. I’m not huge but a little under height for my weight.

I find the pad really comfy, best I’ve had at the price point, and the waist and bib straps are not as tight as others I’ve had, so pretty much the comfiest shorts I’ve had. Seem pretty tough and long lived as well. Which is a shame, as I’ve lost weight since buying them.

I’m waiting for their new sister company “Skinny Runt* At the Front”

*other versions are available

Superficial
    Free Member

a little under height for my weight.

Brilliant term. I’m storing that up for later.

takisawa2

I go with “big-boned” & a thyroid issue.

rocketman
    Free Member

little under height for my weight

priceless 🙂

big_scot_nanny

How does the stuff size? is it accurate? baggy?

I’m always amazed at how variable it can be. Gore stuff I just can’t get into, endura jackets are massive, but shorts very restrictive. Mavic XXL tops are reasonable, but shorts are comedy large.

My target height is somewhere over 7ft, working hard every day to reach it 😉

Xylene
    Free Member

I’ve bought a couple of BNWT gillette’s and jersey’s recently from a second hand forum out here, xxl and xxxl, I looked a bit like Gail Porter when she had that body paint on.

They are now adorning my cupboard awaiting the day I drop 20kgs or so.

Do Bibs not get a bit hotter?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’d never before realised that it shortens to FLAB. Was that intended, or a happy coincidence?

lunge

I own none of the kit but it seems to get reasonable write-ups in the cycling press, if that means anything.

Re. bibs, they just work better IMO. No warmer, just more comfortable. The pad stays in place better, no waits band helps and not having a gap on your back to get cold/show builders bum is definitely a good thing. Yes, they look a tad odd when you put them on but as soon as you put a jersey over the top they look no different. Plus, you’re a grown man riding a push bike, you look like a fool however you dress.

amedias
    Free Member

I’d never before realised that it shortens to FLAB. Was that intended, or a happy coincidence?

yes

Clobber
    Free Member

Back to one of the original questions, I don’t think they go over other shorts they are just bibshorts, where do you get the idea the bibshorts go over normal shorts?

whitestone
    Free Member

I don’t think he meant “wear over” but “prefer one over the other” which you’ve answered.

Clobber
    Free Member

ah that makes sense!

nickgti
    Free Member

going from padded shorts to proper bib shorts was a Revelation for me, they are so much comfier. Especially if you’re a cuddly fellow normal shorts don’t stay in the correct position for long, bib shorts do!

MoreCashThanDash

Definitely a Revelation with a Capital R.

Sizing is pretty accurate, possibly a fraction generous to allow for a centimetre of denial.

Clobber
    Free Member

Definitely a Revelation with a Capital R. +1…

nedrapier

I’m a bit disappointed with my bibs. Sugoi shorts have fitted very nicely in the past, so when some of their bibs came up on sport pursuit, I snapped them up.

I end up with my sitbones on the front edge of the pad after a couple of hours. I think pulling down the front to take the odd piss, and leaning forward over the bike so the back part of the bib is under more tension than the front both contribute to the pad migrating back.

Very annoying, because when everything’s in the right place, they’re very comfy.

bigblackshed

I end up with my sitbones on the front edge of the pad after a couple of hours. I think pulling down the front to take the odd piss, and leaning forward over the bike so the back part of the bib is under more tension than the front both contribute to the pad migrating back.

So the scoop at the front under the gut has nothing to do with it?

Just me then. 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Fat Lad at the Back’ is closed to new replies.