Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Fat kids
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got to take some trousers bought for my 3 year old back to Tesco because they are enormous round the waist yet fit him on the leg. ASDA ones are the same. NEXT are a better fit but 3 times the price.

Are supermarkets aiming their clothes at the chunkier child?

Fire away!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

These should help

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Don’t you want your child to become a health worker?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

is the waistband adjustable? some are and are set at the biggest setting.

Harry_the_Spider

Not on these. Just one size – Age 3 to 4, extra fat.

grum
    Free Member

Look around you at the kind of people that shop at ASDA and Tesco. 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

You kid must be a freak like mine!
    i.e. non even remotely chubby. Seems to be the opposite of the norm these days.

D0NK

It’s not just kids stuff, I have trouble getting jeans, anything that fits my legs is about 4″ too big round the waist.

Harry_the_Spider

Regarding the “let’s laugh at the fat kids again” tag. It’s not about that.

I just find it a little depressing that a retailer the size of Tesco sells Children’s clothes that will only fit a larger child. Clearly it makes more economic sense to them to do it that way. Either that or this particular range of trousers are poorly sized, but it isn’t the first pair that haven’t fit him. My nephew (4 years old) is the same. He’s constantly wandering round with his bum showing because his pants are too big on the waist.

leffeboy

hehe, grum has it but it is annoying having to pay 3x the cost to get clothes elsewhere

j_me
    Free Member

Its because, like nurses, children are under paid, allegedly.

MrsToast
    Free Member

He’s constantly wandering round with his bum showing because his pants are too big on the waist.

Hang on, I though that was just he fashion nowadays? 😛

prahran
    Free Member

you buy jeans at Asda..?

derek_starship
    Free Member

The worm has turned.

When I was at school there was always a fat kid in every class.

These days, there’s always a slim kid amongst the pastry eating, jowelly little bastards.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

When I was at school there was always a fat kid in every class.

🙂

oddjob
    Free Member

Same problem with my skinny kids.

Do you have a shop called Exit in the UK? they do skinny fit jeans that my 2 like a lot and they fit better than the M&S we buy when we’re stocking up over there.

derek_starship
    Free Member

CM – I am laughing out loud because I have just handed you the biggest free one ever.

Enjoy it fella. I am :mrgreen:

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

🙂

Thanks!

rocketman
    Free Member

Sizeism is alive and well on Cannock Chase. There was group of half-a-dozen 10-12 year olds on the Upper Cliff switchbacks on Saturday. The one in front had a FF and a small (but proppa) MTB; the one at the back was err…chunky and was pushing a BSO up the climb

“Come on yer fat b******!” shouted the one in front 🙂

D0NK

you buy jeans at Asda..?

No, I meant clothes sizing generally seems to be going to the less athletically proportioned shape.

molgrips
    Free Member

You should’ve been buying kids’ clothes long enough to realise they vary wildly.

Lil Grips’ trousers are far too long and not big enough at the bum.

Cougar

HTH.

MrSparkle

D’you mean folk with pipe cleaner legs can’t find owt to fit doncher, Dave?

IdleJon

grum – Member
    Look around you at the kind of people that shop at ASDA and Tesco.

And then go and get depressed looking at the aisles and aisles of fizzy pop.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You should’ve been buying kids’ clothes long enough to realise they vary wildly.

This is the truth. One of my girls can still fit in SOME 6-9 month clothes (on the waist) and she is nearly 2.

SiB
    Free Member

Maybe your 3 year old is too skinny? Or the perfect size in your eyes but not the retailers/manufacturers?

Maybe the skinny kids went shopping first as they could run to the shop to get the correct sizes and the chunkier kids stopped at the sweet shop on the way so only large sizes left and you were just too late getting there?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

All of my school uniforms were tailored and came from Gieves & Hawkes*, so I can’t relate I’m afraid.

*Not really, we used Kilgour.

miketually
    Free Member

One of my girls can still fit in SOME 6-9 month clothes (on the waist) and she is nearly 2.

Not wearing nappies, but the baby clothes are sized for them?

D0NK

Mr Sparkle, wrong way round I’m afraid, people with overgrown thighs of drivechain pulverising power can’t get jeans to fit 🙂

Cougar dunno what it’s like for HTSs nipper but when the waist is ridiculously big you get a lot of unsightly bunching with a belt.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ElXYzFX_w[/video]

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I thought all bairns clothes were huge round the bum, makes for comedy you’ve been framed moments.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Fat kids’ is closed to new replies.