Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Fat Equation
  • j5kol
    Free Member

I have always been mystified as to why some people are fat ? I think i may have come up with the answer. The equation below, although very simplistic goes some way to explaining this conundrum

Lazyness x Greed + (-Motivation) = Fat Person

mikewsmith
    Free Member

bored + few beers + lack of imagination = quick troll?

maccruiskeen

Well done. Can you use the same black and white thinking to cure cancer?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    samuri
    Free Member

The wife pointed out last night to me that some people who ride bikes are fat.

This was news to me. Who are these fat cyclists? Why are they fat when they cycle? Are they doing it wrong? It’s very confusing.

My ‘overweight’ good friend consistently wins local tt’s – your equation sucks!

I’m <10% body fat and far from uber fit also – which doesn’t directly argue your nonsense, but I don’t have to particularly work hard to be that way.

piemonster

I blame evolution

metalheart
    Free Member

Let’s be charitable for a minute and assume that you are genuine…

You could start here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Why-We-Get-Fat-Vintage/dp/0307474259

Nice, simple treatment of the issue.

HTH.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Should be good, Choc HobNob Carrot slice and seed mix anyone?

headfirst
    Free Member

(Me + chocolate + crisps + curry + beer + sweets + biscuits) x many = fat “cuddly”

toys19
    Free Member

See that book metalheart? It’s bloody good.

glupton1976
    Free Member

What about the fit fat?

metalheart
    Free Member

See that book metalheart? It’s bloody good.

Indeed. It might even have been why I recommended it… :mrgreen:

jon1973
    Free Member

I have always been mystified as to why some people are fat ? I think i may have come up with the answer. The equation below, although very simplistic goes some way to explaining this conundrum

Lazyness x Greed + (-Motivation) = Fat Person

You’ve always wondered why some people are fat, and you finally came to the conclusion that they eat too much and/or don’t exercise enough.

I think you could be the next Stephen Hawkins.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I’ve never seen a fat nurse on a bike.

*runs off*

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I’m a little ‘cuddly’, 14st in my birthday suit and 5’11”.

I do not lack motivation, I am pretty fit, I ride 4 times a week at least. I am not lazy. I enjoy food and I like a drink…

theflatboy
    Free Member

^^^ does it bother you?

j5kol
    Free Member

I am interested to know how the “fat nurse” fits into the equation ?

ianpinder
    Free Member

I rode 10000km across Africa last year and was still 22stone when I came back.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

theflatboy – Member

^^^ does it bother you?

Not really. I have been 10.5 stone in the past when I was a fairly serious runner, but that meant depriving myself of things I like, constantly watching what I ate, and running 45 miles a week. I’m a much happier cuddly cyclist than a stick thin runner. 😀

buck53

Obvious troll is obvious. And tedious. And not funny.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’m fat, and I ride my bike every day – for example, tomorrow I have a 17 mile each way commute. Am I doing it wrong?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Lady G – is your bike called a Yamaha RD125?

theflatboy
    Free Member

cbmotorsport – Member

theflatboy – Member

^^^ does it bother you?

Not really. I have been 10.5 stone in the past when I was a fairly serious runner, but that meant depriving myself of things I like, constantly watching what I ate, and running 45 miles a week. I’m a much happier cuddly cyclist than a stick thin runner.

All is well, then. 🙂

makeitorange
    Free Member

A more useful equation(just to stop this thread being completely pointless), which seems to get overlooked on the various diet threads (sorry to the people that already know this):

1 lb of fat = approx. 3500 calories

Therefore if you if you eat 3,500 calories more than you burn you put on approx. 1lb and visa versa. Unless you have some medical problem this is why people are/aren’t fat, and also why diets that claim you can lose 1/2 a stone in a week are complete bilge unless you count dehydration.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Fat Equation’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts