Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Fat demo in Hebden Bridge – Reccomend some tracks please
  • MadBillMcMad

Sunday we have a demo of a Fat bike in Hebden Bridge

We do not know Hebden Bridge too well. We normally go for long day rides from there over to howarth & back.

We are thinking of doing some tech in Peckets Well, some bog over Limers Gate & back to the Todmorden valley for some more steep stuff.

If you know some other good trails that will show off the Fat bike to its potential please tell me. Streetmap links would be appreciated.

MrSparkle

Here’s a few for starters:

oxnop
    Free Member

I’d try these. I bet the bottom of beechnuts would be great at the mo on a fat bike!

nbt

Don’t recognise some of those…

pecket well B
    ??
    Beech nuts? Nope that’s next
    Punch the wall into Beech Nuts

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Blue pig in hard castle crags

nbt

I did think “blue pig” but the trail off to the left threw me a little, I don’t recall having seen it before

MadBillMcMad

Isn’t HB amazing. All the down for just 10 seconds pushing at the start of that vid,

Thanks MrS – very helpful ;-), I was hoping to take it out over some real bogs at Holcombe & Darwen Moors but sadly it will have to go back to the shop.

brant
    Free Member

I rode mmmbop top steps on a proto onone fatty once. I think that was the last time I cleaned it.
    Ali’s Wound is good fun too. Plenty drifty right now.
    Steps of Death.
    San Francisco.
    Eye Sacks
    Haribo Horse

It’s just a fat bike. Just ride the regular trails. They’re a hoot.

oxnop
    Free Member

Tracks in the vid are (however there are lots of people who have different names for them)

Peckett
    Punch t’wall
    Blue Pig (not alternate, just the mid section)
    Back to Punch t’wall
    Beechnuts

Ali’s wound +1. Super drifty at the moment, would be fun on the fatty!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Gotta include Kebab Street 😀 & maybe Chipps’

grum
    Free Member

Where do beechnuts, ali’s wound and kebab st go from? Email in profile if we’re not allowed to say here. 😉

I just moved to Hebden and know most of the stuff in that video but I’m intrigued to know if I’m missing out on bits and I’m always interested to find out names. Feels like there’s still a lot to discover.

Edit:

And all this stuff too:

‘Steps of Death.
    San Francisco.
    Eye Sacks
    Haribo Horse’

Arghhhh!!

mike399
    Free Member

Grum – I wouldn’t worry too much. I’ve lived here all my life and it is only in the last couple of years I have refered to North Well as the ‘Blue pig’! I haven’t a clue what most of them are called this week, but I’ve probably ridden them…
    If you find out – let me know – email in profile!

nbt

This bit is punch the wall

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=397865&Y=428390&A=Y&Z=120

Out of PTW, you can turn left and go back up Bastard Tarmac, or carry on straight over into BeechNuts. Marked as a footpath on the streetmap but looks like a bridleway to me

dunno the others

mike399
    Free Member

Hahahaha… “Bastard Tarmac”… I can work out where that one is!
    (That is Lumb Bank to me)

grum
    Free Member

Cheers Julian. Think I’ve ridden Beechnuts then but not Punch the Wall.

Mike – will do!

woody2000

The right hand peckett descent is completely blocked by a huge tree at the moment (or it was on Saturday anyway). Just saying like 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d be off bog surfing on Heptonstall Moor.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

We spotted a group including at least one fatbike on the road through Slack on Sunday afternoon, maybe 2-ish.
    Was that you lot then?

nbt

We did go through Slack, yes, and there was a dayglo-orange Five in the group. Mightnot have been us that you saw though, at 2pm ish the fatbike was on the road up to Heptonstall from Hebden

we did midgehole, gibson mill, punch the wall, beechnuts, jack bridge climb, washing line, blue pig, a river runs through it, then lunch in hebden. After lunch I dibbed out as my back brake was sticky, the fatbike and the dayglo went up the road to Heptonstall and down Blue pig again, then played around on the bottom of Pecket Well. Nice day out and quite infested with the who’s who of northern STW posters – at various times through the day I saw Hp_source, Ed Oxley, Dale, Mr Potatoehead, JustMe, Goatster, Grum, Chipps, Makepiece and Matt Letch.

chives
    Free Member

“Let’s twist again” ? Can’t remember if that was Fats Domino or Chubby Chequer – when I can find my specs I’ll have a better look..

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

More than one fattie out then I guess.

Was going to come and join you lot but met up purely coincidentally with a riding buddy on Stubbin’ carpark so we wandered off to do some cheekier stuff… and then bumped into the Sweary Northeners.

Sounds like everyone was out around Hebden.

MadBillMcMad

nbt – I take it that is you Jules ?

Fat Bike review – Fab – I’m hooked.
    Going up on rough or smoothe – really surprising how it just wanted to go & go. It climbed up stuff you just would not normally ride, & on jiggly stuff it was like riding on air !!!

Going down. On some stuff, such as Beechnuts I would say it was faster than the other bikes, including my day glow Orange 5, it was so confidence inspiring.

The only place it possibly struggled was on really lumpy downs like Peckets Well B ( I think it’s B – the one with the felled tree), where the track was very lumpy. You just had to take care as it likes to buck about.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Fat demo in Hebden Bridge – Reccomend some tracks please’ is closed to new replies.