• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fat curious. What's the cheapest way in ?
  • Just an idea that I probably won’t follow up on, but supposing I wanted a fat bike, what’s the cheapest option ?
    I’d run it SS and use as much as possible out of my existing spares box, so I’d only need the specific fat parts; frame, fork, rims & tyres.
    I haven’t really looked in to them, but I think they use a wider BB as well don’t they ?
    And the hubs ? Can I use 100mm & 135mm or would I need to buy wider ones ?

When 29ers first appeared on the scene, there were people asking for “29er conversion kits”, a frame, fork and rims, to convert their existing 26er. I don’t think anyone ever sold one though.
    Does anyone do one for fatties ?

akira

On one fatty rolling chassis, just need bb and crank if you have plenty of bits knocking about already.

AlexSimon

On-one do a Rolling Chassis, but it excludes the BB and Chainset.
    http://on-one.co.uk/i/q/ZXOOFAT/on_one_fatty_rolling_chassis_bundle

Although to be honest, I think it’s one of the ugliest of the budget fat bikes out there (but some love it).

The Genesis Caribou looks nice, but at £400 it’s close to a 9:Zero:7

tim@sideways posted an X5 chainset on twitter the other day what wasn’t too expensive https://twitter.com/sidewaystim

bruneep

These 2 should sort you out

Dickyboy

Are there any aluminium frame or full bike options available yet?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

$199

😉

rOcKeTdOg

Fat bike, for Worcestershire Graham? Madness!

aracer
    Free Member

This 😉

Thanks for the replies.
    I guess if I was going to build one, £500 would be a reasonable price for what you get.
    I really don’t think I’d ride it often enough to justify it though.
    I’m a great believer in n+1, but I reckon a CX would be more use to me than a fatty.

toys19
    Free Member

That walmart bike has a place in the uk. Why is it not here?

JoeG
    Free Member

MTG – I bought a Fatty just before Christmas 2012. I thought that I would ride it maybe 10-20% of the time, and my full suspension bike most of the other 80-90%.

Well, the Fatty has a lot more miles on it than the FS so far this year.

And that is after upgrading the full suspension bike with a complete XTR 2×10 drivetrain! 😕

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fat curious. What's the cheapest way in ?’ is closed to new replies.