Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fat Bike wheel builder, Surrey
  • ijl1969
    Free Member

So I have a set of Fat Bike wheels built on Large Marge rims which I want to swap over to Marge lites, I’ve got the rims just need someone to do the swap – it’s for a Pugsley so need to be built offset. Not sure whether a regular LBS would have experience ref offset or am I being over cautious?- any suggestions for Guildford / Surrey area?
    Thanks

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you bring them upto Wokingham I’ll swap them for free if I can keep the old Marges if they’re 32h.

Caveat: I’ve never built wheels that offset, only a cm or so, but can’t foresee it being that difficult, and I build all the rest of my own wheels. Worst that can happen, I swap them over and find they don’t fit in my stand and we split the cost of getting the LBS to do the final truing.

Gotama
    Free Member

Beyond Bikes in Cranleigh have an experienced wheelbuilder who should be able to do it. Think they charge £40 for the wheel build plus bits, in your case spokes and nipples I guess.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nirvana in Wescott do fat bikes so give them a call. They are an excellent wheel builder (and LBS), I can’t imagine they haven’t done the same for fatties.

dave32
    Free Member

The Bicycle Service in Kingston are good, do all my work, be worth giving them a shout if your near them.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Cycleworks in both Leatherhead and Guildford, have built a variety of wheels over the years, all have been great.
    Alternatively, go and see Phil at Niels Wheels in molesey. As a fellow attention whore, sorry, fat bike rider, he should have no problems building them. 😀

ijl1969
    Free Member

Thanks all much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fat Bike wheel builder, Surrey’ is closed to new replies.