Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fat bike toe-dipping
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

It’s no good…I am keen to get a fatty.
    Anyone found any good offers at the moment, please?
    Wiggle have the Verenti, but too small. The Go Outdoors Dune likewise.
    I’m 6’2″.
    Don’t want to spend much, don’t mind if I have to replace groupset parts as I have plenty of bits in the shed.
    Your help, please?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Hard to beat the on-one fatty.- maybe with a used on one fatty 🙂

Dont go too cheap itll be shit, a propper fat bike isnt shit.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The only cheap one that might be available in a large is the mongoose argus.

I think I’ve talked myself into a dd30 or a tomac hespersus though. But I really want the dune…

scotroutes

Remember that the cranks you might already have won’t fit. Same with hubs.

Northwind

I think you’re too big for the Dune tbh. It’s barely big enough for me and I’m only 5’10. They’re planning to get more sizes out but not til early next year at least.

Voodoo Wazoo is due back in late November, no details on pricing or if the spec is the same

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I was thinking more parts like shifters/brakes/derailleur etc.
    So far found a few around the £7-800 mark.

rOcKeTdOg

2nd hand O-O fatty can be had for £550ish. U’ll need a 20″ if u are 6ft2 (i am & mine is) & want to run a short stem for twisty fun times©

Suggsey
    Free Member

I’m 6′ 01″ and bought a Dune…..first ride out on the stock 350mm seatpost at its maximum was not quite spot on for my normal leg extension ( and the cranks are shorter than all my others which exaggerated the need for another inch of seatpost).
    Anyway 450mm Thomson Elite seatpost from On One for £48 sorted….and swapped the cable tetro calipers/levers for some spare hydraulic units as my riding style/stupidity requires brakes that can stop me 😆
    Dune is truly an ace bike!

cheekyget
    Free Member

Rose Tusker fatty’s come in a large….better spec than the on one!,

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

im off to look at a Fatty in the morning, mildly excited 😆

I am Old 🙁

Northwind

Suggsey – Member

I’m 6′ 01″ and bought a Dune…..first ride out on the stock 350mm seatpost at its maximum was not quite spot on for my normal leg extension

I’m 5’10, IIRC 32inch inside leg and I need a 410mm post. I put it to you, sir, that you may be 6 foot 1 but your waistline is about a third of the way up 😆

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Cheers all. DocketRog, I’ve seen picamatures of yours on twatter. Looks fun.

psycorp
    Free Member

I’m thinking of a Tusker in the new year. Wish they still did the raw frame though.

divenwob
    Free Member

I have a Tusker in raw,love it! Dont know why they arent on the site, maybe call Finlay the rep.

divenwob
    Free Member

Good looking OOF 20″ in the classifieds, good spec too!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Northwind, I’m an ex rugby prop so proportions are rightly as you point out not the same as everyone’s idea of a 6′ 01 beanpole 😆

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fat bike toe-dipping’ is closed to new replies.