Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fat bike hubs – imparticular Hope – questions?
  • vondally
    Free Member

So could I if I got hope fatsno hubs adapt the between
    Front 135 mm ( 15 mm bolt thru) spacing to 15 x 150?

Rear 170 mm qr to 177mm x 12 bolt thru?

Or do i need new hubs each time.

Yours confused in a fat hub world.

dovebiker

You can get adaptor kits for both – easiest first:

170mm QR to 177mm x 12mm – this is the same hub body and only requires a swap-out of push-fit adaptors that cost about £15 – done in seconds. No need to respace the disc etc. Part no. HUB242

For the front hub, again swap-out a pair of push-fit adaptors, but the disc will need spacing-out (for 135mm FDS hub) – Hope kit HUB480

Northwind

170 to 177 you can adapt easily, it’s pretty much the equivalent of 135 and 142.

135 to 150 you can adapt with Hopebut not with all. It’s a fairly horrible adaptor though- really long tophats and a big brake spacer, not something I’d like myself.

vondally
    Free Member

Cheers so rear is okay really but front is better as a proprietary 150 hub do hope does these?

dovebiker

Yes, Hope make the Fatsno is a 150mm version

trail_rat
    Free Member

“135 to 150 you can adapt with Hopebut not with all. It’s a fairly horrible adaptor though- really long tophats and a big brake spacer, not something I’d like myself.”

Mr big racing made them robust and functional but like their frames -industrial.
    I ran one on my Mr big till i got hold of a 150mm hub.

I also made similar for a 170mm fat bike frame using a hacksaw and a drill in the garage.

letmetalktomark

A word of caution re the fronts ….

You can cover the Hope front135mm FDS hub to 150mm using the aforementioned kit but not the Hope front 135mm RDS hub.

The latter are becoming rarer/obsolete so shouldn’t be a problem just something to be weary of.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Ok i’ll bite. ‘in particular’

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fat bike hubs – imparticular Hope – questions?’ is closed to new replies.