Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fat Bike Demo ?
  • billygoatgruff
    Free Member

Hi – I live in London. Any one know where I can have a short try on a fat bike, curious to see how they ride.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I had a day rental at Grizedale for my birthday. A nice day’s biffing about on a Scott Big Ed.

There must be somewhere down Sarf where you could sling your leg over a couple of likely candidates?

NormalMan

Where in London?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Charlie (in Swanage)

billygoatgruff
    Free Member

Tooting Bec in London but cycle all over so no problem.

NormalMan

Try Neil’s Wheels Kingston. They did have a demo Pugsley available.

scotroutes

Might be a daft question but is there anywhere round there you can reasonably exploit a fatbike? I’m thinking it might be worth travelling to somewhere you can get a decent test ride.

warns74
    Free Member

There’s a place at Richmond station that do Surly and Salsa so might have a demo bike? No experience of the shop though sorry. Im passing through tomorrow so will have a look if I can.

nedrapier

If you bought one, where would you ride it? Might be easier to look for a demo there, and more relevant, as you’d be on the trails where you’d be taking it to ride if you bought one.

Where do you ride now? Surrey Hills, Chilterns, Epping? Swinley?

senorj

Might be a daft question but is there anywhere round there you can reasonably exploit a fatbike?

I haven’t seen it my self , but there’s tales about, of herds of fat bikes, rolling around Epping Forest.
    Where they come from I don’t know..:-)

sandboy

They had a Scott at High Lodge at Thetford. That’s where I tried one before taking the plunge.

danbo
    Free Member

Nirvana Cycles in Westcott near Dorking have a Cube Fat bike demo, and lots of good places to try it out nearby.

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Aviemore? Bit of a journey I know. Bothy Bikes hire them out. I had one Easter weekend.
    Great for climbing and rough terrain. Only really struggled in peaty mud and greasy technical descents. Around my local trails. Went up a lot my trail bike won’t. On the correct terrain great fun.

peekay

+1 for Nirvana in Westcott.

The Cube Nutrail that they have in is ace.

Also plenty of trails near the shop to test it out on, some of which are marked so you should be able to find your way to something fun it you don’t know the area too well.

zippykona

How tall are you OP?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fat Bike Demo ?’ is closed to new replies.