Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fat 29er road tyres.
  • lightman
    Free Member

I got some Fat Frank 2.0 tyres for my bike thinking they would be okay, but they look a bit wrong on a mtb as they are so skinny.
    So I was looking at these ~ On-One B.S.C and Halo Twin Rail.

Has anyone used these tyres on their 29er?
    How do they handle?

lightman
    Free Member

Okay, if not those tyres, does any run fat road tyres on their 29er?

partyboy1101
    Free Member

I ran some 700 x 32 Schwalbe Marathons on my 29er for the Morvelo City Cross. Very, very fast and grippy.

ottocat
    Free Member

I’m running 2inch Big Apples on my Genesis Fortitude, they work really well on the road and they look fine I think

monkeychild
    Free Member

I run 700x38c twin rails on 29er rims on my cx bike. They roll really well and handle rough stuff pretty well too.

seanthesheap
    Free Member

super motos on rabbit hole rims here, fantastic fun on mixed terrain rides. 😉

faustus

I use vittoria randoneeur hyper 35mm tyres on my cx/road bike on 29er rims. Very impressed. Light but strong, and pretty quick.

core

ottocat
    I’m running 2inch Big Apples on my Genesis Fortitude, they work really well on the road and they look fine I think

Stem/bars……………….

Northwind

2.35 supermoto looks good on 26ers, would probably look good on a 29er too?

Clobber
    Free Member

2.35 big apples all the way!

Paceman
    Free Member

Maxxis Crossmarks have been great on my 29er steel MTB for commuting.

vondally
    Free Member

selling my Big Apples 2.1 wired with less than 150 miles on for £40 posted for the pair/front and rear. Cost me £53.00 used for less than 70 miles. Good in fact very good but went to Sammy slicks

2.1 are huge by the way used on a 29er scandal

actually these

Schwalbe Big Apple 29 x 2.15 Black Performance LiteSkin Balloon W Raceguard

Gotama
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2.3 supermotos on my swift as its on kiddy touring duties and I think they look good and not overly large. Roll well and don’t weigh a great deal for such a big tyre. Mainly used for pootling round country roads with the odd trip onto fireroads. Have a look at the Jones website/blog/facebook as he runs his bike with the 2.3 supermotos on to give you an idea of what they look like on a bike.

ottocat
    Free Member

Stem/bars……………….

LOL…… Stem and bars swapped back now… I broke my wrist and needed the extra hight

epicyclo

lightman – Member
    Okay, if not those tyres, does any run fat road tyres on their 29er?

I run 2.35″ Schwalbe Big Apples on my 29er which I have set up to use as my road bike.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fat 29er road tyres.’ is closed to new replies.