Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Fastest small framed enduro bike
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

What, in your opinion, is the quickest/best enduro style bike out there for a small rider?

If I was a proper sized person I’d be looking at something with 29er wheels. Probably a Remedy or Enduro or similar.

But I’m not, I’m pretty small.

Anyone looked into this? Test ridden the models? Come up with opinions?

Tracey

Katie is on a small Enduro, built up fairly light. She isn’t the quickest up hill but point her down and she takes some catching. Abigale is on a medium Enduro, I’ve given up trying to keep up with her over any terrain. Both are on the obsolete wheel size as are we all.

matt_outandabout

Any that is pedaled by Jerome?

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Thanks Tracey

The wheel size thing is my issue. I am just not convinced there is any merit to 27.5 at all. I’m still on 26 at the moment.

I am a big believer that 29ers are faster, seeing how they have transformed the riding of riding friends and how, even hardened 26 riders, have become big lovers of 29ers.

But it’s finding one that works in a small frame with suspension as well, and that I will be able to feel comfortable on. Maybe it’s a wish too far.

drovercycles
    Free Member

I don’t think you’ll find a longer-travel full-sus 29er which will work well in sizes below a medium, to be honest. There’s just too much to fit in! How tall are you?

If I were you I’d forget about wheel sizes and find a bike which has the right capabilities, and fits you. Whatever size wheels it has should surely be secondary?

All that said, a Mondraker Crafty comes in a small, all sizes seems to have loads of standover clearance, and looks like a cracking bike.

Or, if anyone has enough experience of 29ers to crack the geometry for small size/long travel, it’d be Niner. Maybe take a look at their WFO 9?

justinbieber

Enduro Mag did a test of the fastest enduro bikes, and I think the winner was a Canyon Strive (or Spectral, I can’t quite remember). Yeti SB66 came 2nd or 3rd. Essentially, it was whichever one the riders felt most comfortable and balanced on that enabled them to go quickest.

curlie467
    Free Member

Any that is pedaled by Jerome?

Jerome Flynn? Who does he ride for?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Santa Cruz come up as smaller frames. SC Bronson 650b medium rider. Test rides always advised but smaller wheel might be more appropriate for smaller riders.

Northwind

Katy Winton’s titchy and seems to get on alright with her Pivot… Actually seem to be a really popular choice for teh laydeez.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations folks, I’ll look into the options suggested.

Test rides always advised but smaller wheel might be more appropriate for smaller riders.

Indeed. This is my issue.

All I hear about is how good 29ers are, how meh 27.5″ are and how obsolete 26″ are

I want a 29er, with travel, that jumps well and rolls over everything and grips like a demon…and that fits. I’m 5’3″

It’s just not going to happen is it 😕

wiggles
    Free Member

I know a short bloke who won a whole enduro series on a lapierre spicy…

(Also he is selling it if you are interested)

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’m short but not a laydee.. Can recommend a Transition covert.

Other male short arse bike choices here for possible ideas

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/short-people-hobbits-midgets-what-fs-bike-do-you-ride

Hicksy
    Free Member

How about a Kona Process 111 – I’m at the other end of the height scale and love my 111. Mine has loads of stand over room and it’s a hooooge one!

Or a 134SE (designed for smaller riders), but that’s 650B again.

Big-M
    Free Member

I’s suggest the Pivot as well. My friend who is also petite won the Scottish title on hers, smart little bike.

kimbers

My only issue with 29ers is that they aren’t so good/ as much fun at jumping if that’s a priority then I’d defo 650b ! Maybe not quite the extra grip in corners as 29er but better than 26 and more chuckable than 29

I’ve got a process 153 and its amazeballs, loads of standover clearance Kona have brought out a version of the 134 just for smaller, lighter riders

http://www.konaworld.com/process_134_se.cfm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Fastest small framed enduro bike’ is closed to new replies.