• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Fastest rolling road tyres
  • ceepers

As above really.

Currently running 23mm vittoria open corsa cx with latex tubes, I’d like to move to 25/26’s. What’s quick?

jamiep
    Free Member

rolling resistance reviews

Michelin Pro 4 Service Course aren’t the best on that review but are currently v cheap at Decathlon (but 25 actually come up as 27)

lunge

Veloflex Masters always feel fast to me, they look pimp too!

boblo
    Free Member

So in answer to the OP, GP4000S II or Schwalbe One’s. I’ve been running Ultremo’s for years so went with a pair of One’s. Not used yet as the Ultremo’s have a few miles in them yet. The One’s are a genuine 205g each though which is heavier than the Ultremo’s I first bought in 2009!

ceepers

Schwalbe ones it is then!

Cheers for that

TiRed

Ones are seconded! Excellent tyres And available for about £25 each. I’ve run and raced 23 and 25c. Latex tubed and tubeless. I can’t fault them. Less fragile than Ultremos. I also like Corsas, but think the Ones are just superb. Even for commuting. Will be running 406 versions on the trike, I like them that much!

cynic-al
    Free Member

No offence but I wouldn’t believe anything but a lab test on topic such as this, not matter how many miles/racing someone has done.

The human body/mind can be very sensitive but even more subjective/inaccurate as a measuring device.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Interesting how a latex tube seems better than tubeless (and would weigh less too).

Surely it’s not beyond their R&D department to figure out how to seal the pores on a casing without adding 100g of butyl rubber to the inside, especially seeing as anyone who’s tubeless’d a maxis MTB tyre has managed it with 50g of sealant! Would an Ultremo casing with tubeless bead’s and some sealent not work?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hear there’s quite a bit of love for Specialized Turbo cotton (e.g. here).

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting. I note no W measurements for the aero stuff, must be pretty small!

eshershore
    Free Member

these are very fast on the real road, as well as testing as very low rolling resistance in the Conti lab in Germany – Conti said it was their fastest tire yet, run at 80-85psi?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Conti say Conti tyre is fast based on Conti testing in Conti lab 🙂

breatheeasy
    Free Member

So in answer to the OP, GP4000S II or Schwalbe One’s. I’ve been running Ultremo’s for years so went with a pair of One’s. Not used yet as the Ultremo’s have a few miles in them yet.

So let me get this right – you’re recommending something you’ve not actually tried yet?

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL!

esher shore – Member

these are very fast on the real road

On what data?

boblo
    Free Member

So let me get this right – you’re recommending something you’ve not actually tried yet?

No I was summarising the rolling resistance text data linked to. Any recommendation I’d make would be the usual ‘this is what I use and they’ve been fine’. As for One’s; they’ve tested with almost the same rolling resistance as the top scorer and weigh amongst the least (though still 25g more than earlier Ultremo’s). On this basis, and the various positive reviews, I bought a pair as I like Ultremo’s. You buy what you want. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

GP4000s are falling out of favour round my way due to a number of catastrophic sidewall and bead failures.
    Current faves are:
    – Veloflex Master/ Corsa
    – Vittoria Open Corsa
    – Schwalbe One

The first two are similar but are more prone to punctures than the latter.

globalti
    Free Member

Veloflex Open Corsas. Superbly comfortable and fast and £52 a pair of Ribble. The Rolls Royce of tyres.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just in case you didn’t find it in the earlier link, spreadsheet containing Crr for a load of tyres here. Once by GP4000SII’s are done I’m trying the Spesh Turbo Cotton.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Interesting stuff!

I’m consistently blown away by (wait for it I’m inserting apples and oranges) just how much faster/smoother/nicer my TCR is with Planet X 50/50 & Vittoria Evo Corsa tubs on than my Equilibrium with CXP’s and Gatorskins, it’s really eye opening and makes riding the TCR a treat! The speed difference when going for it is awesomez too!

DT78
    Free Member

where can you get schwalbe ones cheap? are there lots of different compounds (and ones to avoid) like their mtb ones?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Fastest rolling road tyres’ is closed to new replies.