Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • "fast"
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I have four bikes – don’t know, or want to know, the head angle on any of them.

That’s all well and good, but do they look fast??

monksie
    Free Member

Please don’t hate me but on all of my rides, road or mountain bike I have to go as fast as I can, all of the time. Even my commute is done as fast as I can. The lockout on my fork is more important to me than the travel it has.
    Even on my multi day off road tours, I can’t take it easy voluntarily. The slow bit comes (all too often) when I’m knackered.
    I just don’t enjoy ‘smell the flowers, look at the view’ rides. I get irritable in groups as the pace always gets slower the bigger the group and if I’m the one lagging, I really go off on one.
    I like to know about head and seat angles, chain stay length, width of seat stays and design, top tube length……

noteeth
    Free Member

I enjoy going fast, but sometimes I make a deliberate effort to ride slowly & take it all in. There’s a certain pleasure in slowly climbing technical stuff…

cynic-al
    Free Member

monksie – Member
    Please don’t hate me but on all of my rides, road or mountain bike I have to go as fast as I can, all of the time.

If you really are riding to the best of your ability, the amount of training you’ve had should enable you to win TTS etc surely?

monksie
    Free Member

Don’t be daft, cynical. That’s like saying any one of us could save up for a year, take a year off work, ride as fast as we can every day and at the end of the year, sack work and go and win prize money in professional bike racing.
    A cart horse that runs round a field all day every day will never beat a race horse that runs around the same field for two hours per day.
    I reckon you and me are the cart horses. Want a race? :-}

cynic-al
    Free Member

No way am I racing you, you must be well fast.

monksie
    Free Member

Nah, not a word of it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

If you go as fast as you can on every ride you will be way fitter than me.

monksie
    Free Member

I only ride once a month

Woody
    Free Member

Bah! I only opened this because I though it was another diet thread…………..

Fast and mtb’s are not something I generally think about. I just go out and ride around 😉

poppa
    Free Member

I am currently travelling at ~30km/sec. That’s fast. So are you.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘"fast"’ is closed to new replies.