Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Fast Show
  • longweight
    Free Member

I’ve only just started watching it and I can’t believe how many of its catchphrases are used in everyday conversation. It is also truly funny with out being shocking, something that seems to be lacking on TV today….

ziggy
    Free Member

One of the best sketch shows ever IMO

Still makes me laugh to this day

Spongebob
    Free Member

Yes, one of the funniest sketch shows ever. Jesse’s fashion tips us classic.

I do like Armstrong and Miller though. The two WW2 aviators talking “street” are one of my favoirites- “yeah blood, random and shit”

Or perhaps the “kkeeeeill them” sketches. 😆

We need more stuff like this!

longweight
    Free Member

Armstrong & Miller is very good too 🙂 I’m also re-watching Harry Enfields stuff. Classic!

NZCol

Two nights ago we exhausted all avenues of viewing on NZ television which is not hard and fired up the VHS video player i found in the cupboard.
    We had Series 1 of Trigger Happy TV and some Fast Show videos. Brilliant both of them.

slimtubing
    Free Member

i have just lent my fast show dvd to a buddy at uni, she’s only 21 but as dry as a jar of sand, I’ve instructed her to watch it and report back to me to see if appeals to today’s yoof.

AndyP
    Free Member

True quality.
    Is it just me who has Colin Hunt working with them. I don’t mean someone a bit like Colin Hunt, I meant the absolute duplicate.

colleagues…

Vortexracing

The newly married couple sketches, always had me splitting my sides.

Especially the one when they are moving in to there new home and when the removal guys are bringing the bed out of the removal truck, they are in the bed ‘going like rabbits’ 🙂

nickc

Big Train, Florence Nightingale sketches. Mostly just swearing. 😆

the_lecht_rocks

best comedy series ever imo 😀

blu-tone
    Free Member

In’t “The Fast Show” BRILLIANT !!

DezB
    Free Member

These kind of comedy shows come and go – follows a line from Monty Python, Not the Nine o’clock News, Harry Enfield, Fast Show… when will there be another one. Been a big gap!
    Anyone remember the short-lived one with McKenzie Crook? He played a school teacher in one of the sketches – brilliant character “Who pushed air through poo?!”

grievoustim
    Free Member

I thought the last series was patchy – but last weeks new episode of Mitchell and Webb was v funny IMHO – probably still on the iPlayer

verses

when will there be another one. Been a big gap!

I guess Little Britain is the most recent successful one, although relies more on shock rather than jokes and silliness.

I miss Big Train and Monkey Dust.

EDIT: And I miss the Fast Show too of course 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

Fast Show is absolutely fantastic.

MrAgreeable

jimmy

“Lovely old tree”

Classic. Coughin’ Bob Fleming used to have me crying, and Ted & Ralph. The whole lot… Best comedy ever.

sobriety
    Free Member

when will there be another one. Been a big gap!

Mitchell and Webb?

The ‘dog cannon’ had me in tears

MrAgreeable

13th Duke of Wymbourne and Rowley Birkin QC are also classic. And as I’m sure Roper and others can verify, Spanish TV IS Chanel 9. 🙂

dooge
    Free Member

I agree, Im 23 and I f’ing love it. Just started playing it all on Dave now too! My mates (slightly younger) have never heard of it…

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Chris Waddle!

jimmy

It shocked me how old it is yesterday. I remember the last series I think was in my first year of Uni (1995).

You ain’t seen me, roit?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Big Train is great. The sketch where its “The BIrds” but instead of Birds its Northerners are great, and “you fat-handed ****t” is genius.
    Shame it was only really remembered for the staring contests in series 1, which arent as good as most other bits.

Mitchell and Webb is class also. Angel Summoner and the BMX Bandit from series 1 lol.

I’m only 26, but i assumed everybody had heard of the Fast Show, its only when i looked it up again i realised how old it is now.

P20

Yeah fantastic series. Slowly working my way through the boxset 🙂

THIS IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK (but very funny!!!)

Carl Hoopers That’s Amazing – The world of the strange and the bizaaaarrrre

Olly
    Free Member

armstrong and millar are poo imo.

fast show was classic.
    the fast show feature length film episode thingy of ted and ralph was filmed in my village (its not a very big village)

verses

I find Armstrong and Miller to be hit and miss, when they’re good they’re very very good, but there’s a fair bit of so-so stuff to wade through. Similar with Mitchell and Webb, I much preferred their radio show to the TV one.

willard

Ah yes… The Fast Show. Why do you think my two dogs are called Ted and Ralph?

Ted Flemming and friends makes me laugh just thinking about it, as do all the random little sketches they put out in between the regulars.

Time to dog out the VHS I think.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

My eyes are pies and yours are lies!

jimmy

P20 – pmsl, never seen that one before!

Got me going on youtube now.

Tiger Woods

Surfr
    Free Member

PSA: all 3 series for 15 quid on play.com!

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3349930/The-Ultimate-Fast-Show-Collection/Product.html

Seems like a bargain to me.

willard

Dear gods! Just watched the Florence Nightingale sketch. Slightly crying with laughter now.

P20

Last one from me Bob Fleming’s Folkin Classics

Again NSFW

mickyfinn
    Free Member

‘All Around My ARSE!” a flippling classic. Kills me every time..

Rowley Birkin… I love it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDwDtUGDgTU&feature=related

But one of the best things about the Fast Show was when the threw a curve ball and suddenly came out with something as touching a poignant as this.

To Cheer you up after that Here’s Unlucky Alf’s Parrot 😀

grievoustim
    Free Member
    nicko74

Fast Show (and Harry Enfield before that) were utterly fantastic; I guess the only problem is that they were so successful that other series started imitating them, and so they’ve perhaps aged somewhat.
    I thought Big Train was great, although not quite as good; to be honest I was quite a fan of Naked Video on BBC2 back in the day.
    More recently, Man Stroke Woman is not bad, but quite patchy

2tyred

When the Fast Show was at its peak, I worked with an Australian guy who got annoyed at the fact they’d called the get-off-me-show-mate sketch “That’s Amazing” as the actual show was called “That’s Incredible”. Always wondered how close to the real thing it was.

jimmy

Just remembered Dave Angel….

Getchyor ‘ands off me you fweak!

Vortexracing

cheers for the link surfr

going to order that

kevonakona
    Free Member

Rowley Birkin, the “serious/sad” one. Tear to the eye when you’re used to the funny comedy of all teh others.

Eccles
    Free Member

As dark as a double espresso, almost…

We crawl on our knees to our doom! Where are we sleeping tonight mother? On fathers grave?

I commend all those fans of Jazz Club to listen to Throbbing Gristles seminal classic “20 Jazz Funk Greats, by the way.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Fast Show’ is closed to new replies.