Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Fast rolling, light, large volume 29er tyres?
  • wwaswas

Got some 30mm rims and looking something with a few less nobbles and a bit more volume to replace the front Shorty.

Beaver on the back so something a bit larger to replace that would be good too.

Will probably stick to using them in the dry (if we get any more) so outright grip is not the priority.

GregMay
    Free Member

Have set up a set of Ikon 2.35 on 30mm Blunt SS over the weekend- so far, most excellent.

Yetiman
    Free Member

2.4 Ardent EXO is big volume and rolls well and is surprisingly grippy in 29er form.

wwaswas

was looking at the Ardent on NextDay Tyres.

Ikon looks like it might be a good rear but I think I’d be scared with it on the front!

rOcKeTdOg

Ardent 2.4 on 35mm blunts here, roll well even at low pressures

proutster
    Free Member

Just fitted a Slaughter Control onto the back of my 29er, rolls really well and grips fine. It’s a true 2.3″, so good volume and Specialized tyres are good value too 😀

Edit – I wouldn’t put it on the front though!

Clobber
    Free Member

Rock Razor is nice (on the back)

jonnyrockymountain

Bonty XR4

aP
    Free Member

Teravail Sparwood.

muggomagic

I’ve heard the chunky monkey is a “game changer” and “virtually free”.

wwaswas

“virtually free”.

“free with a magazine subscription” free?

thanks for the advice everyone I’ve gone with a 2.4 Ardent fr / 2.2 Ikon rear.

DanW
    Free Member

Looks like I’m too late but I’m really happy with my Bonty tyres. XR3/2 is enough for me

wonderchump
    Free Member

My wife has Easton 27 ARC’s on her Clockwork shod with Conti Mountain Queens (2.2). Not massively large volume but she swears by them they’re light and grippy enough for the trails she rides (Calderdale).

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bonty XR2/XR1. Bizarrely the 2.2 xr1 is the same size as the 2.35 xr2. Weird.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Fast rolling, light, large volume 29er tyres?’ is closed to new replies.