Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Fast Rolling 29er Tyre Tubeless
  • 5thumbs
    Free Member

Does such a thing exist? Was hopinbg for something like a Kenda block 8 but they dont appear to come in tubeless.

Shame, given that summer starts next week apparently 🙁

Clobber
    Free Member

Racing Ralph TLR

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got some s-works captain/ground controll for if the summer ever appears, not tubeless but work well enough with stans strips and latex in DT rims.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I managed to get some of these in 1.9″

click

certainly feel quick to me. I say they rool easier than my 2.1″ racing ralphs on my 26″

I have riden these round Cannock on a damp (not totally wet) day on fully rigid onone 29er. Surprisingly felt like I had plenty of grip (maybe cos Im not used to 29ers), I think it might be another thing on a wet day in the chilterns though.

OR what about this 410g in 1.9″

click here !

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

I’m constantly impressed with my conti race king – even in the wet we’ve had down here in bristol over they past month, the grip they give is enough for a SS. in the dry, they fly…

not sure i’d run them on the front though… i run a WTB of some sort.

5thumbs
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me where I can get conti race king 29 tubeless – struggling on line….

mboy
    Free Member

On One are selling the Geax Saguaro 29×2.2″ tyre cheap right now. It gets very good reviews and is designed as an alternative to a small block 8.

It’s also tubeless ready out the box like Bontrager TLR or Specialized 2Bliss.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got some s-works captain/ground controll for if the summer ever appears,

S-Works ones are Tubeless, but I’d certainly not call the Captain/GC summer tyres! Fast Trak or Renegade perhaps…

Ralph or Fred I’d say, both available Tubeless Ready. Fred is on par tread-wise with the Bonty above, but lighter.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

conti race kings

think these are the ones i’ve got, with stans juice.

5thumbs
    Free Member

Thanks but bit confused – those Race Kings dont appear as tubeless – can any tyres be used without tubes if I use stan’s fluid (I’m putting them on Arch Ex rims)?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

S-Works ones are Tubeless, but I’d certainly not call the Captain/GC summer tyres! Fast Trak or Renegade perhaps…

I’ll go check what they are, fast track rings a bell, it’s been a year since they were last on, the front’s loads of small close spaced nobbles, the rear has a wider spaced pattern with interlocking center knobs. Think they might be slightly older as I don’t remember them having 2bliss/tubeless logos on them, and they’re paper thin.

njee20
    Free Member

Fast Trak:

Renegade:

Captain:

If you don’t want to spend the earth the Spesh tyres are good, the S-Works ones are relatively light (still heavier than an equivalent Schwalbe, but are cheaper).

baznav73
    Free Member

The spesh renegades are a bit thin, kenda do the block 8 in a sealant ready version i’ve got some but i’m scared to put them on cos it’ll rain if i do.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Stans The Crow/Raven.There’s nowt faster rolling (it’s a slightly thicker inner tube,suprisingly grippy somehow).

shortcut

I have had success with a range of standard maxxis tyres, kenda slant 6, nobby nica all without tubes on Arch rims.

No need for specific tyres just stans fluid.

jambo13
    Free Member

@5thumbs – Yes, you can run Conti Race Kings tubeless.

Continental don’t make a specific tubeless 29er version (yet) but they’ll go on and inflate fine with a bit of sealant in there.

I’m running them on Stans Flows with no problem. I have to run them at a fairly high pressure, but that’s more because I’m pretty large (6ft6 & 110kg); no issues so far.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I run Fasttrak/Renegade tubeless; VERY fast when dry, VERY scary when even slightly damp 🙁

Sam

Got to put a word in for Maxxis Ikons – very fast rolling tyres and not too sketchy if it gets a bit damp. The Maxxis Aspen is even faster, but is essentially a semi-slick – hard pack only.

jambo13
    Free Member

Turns out I cursed myself, managed to tear a hole in the sidewall of my Conti Race King today at Swinley, doing nothing especially untoward at all.

A spare tube and empty energy gel wrapper got me home at least but a Schwalbe Racing Ralph Snakeskin now on order!

jambo13
    Free Member

Turns out I cursed myself, managed to tear a hole in the sidewall of my Conti Race King today at Swinley, doing nothing especially untoward at all.

A spare tube and empty energy gel wrapper got me home at least but a Schwalbe Racing Ralph Snakeskin now on order!

hugor
    Free Member

Maxxis Crossmarks are very quick summer 29 tyres.

takisawa2

I’ve run Smallblock8’s ghetto tubeless in the past. They are about the fastest rolling tyre I’ve ever used. Have them on now in fact, but can’t be rsed faffing with sealant these days.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Fast Rolling 29er Tyre Tubeless’ is closed to new replies.