Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Fast rolling 2.35 tyre?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

As per title, only using one bike at moment so need a big tyre that isn’t dog slow on asphalt.

Any recommendations?

thomthumb
    Free Member

larsen tt FR, fits the bill

tinribz
    Free Member

I pretty happy with my Kenda Small Block Eight:

Description:The Kenda Small Block Eight UST Kevlar Tire is an excellent hard pack XC race tire that features 8 Nevegal shaped but smaller knobs across the tire for better bite, and Dual Tread Compound (DTC) offers cornering grip with faster center line acceleration. The Kenda Small Block Eight UST Kevlar Tire is one of the fastest rolling tires in the Kenda Premium line.

jfeb
    Free Member

2.4″ Racing Ralph, assuming 0.05″ isnt a problem 😉

Q
    Free Member

Nobby Nic 2.25 or 2.4

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’d have thought NNs would last seconds if he is going to use them a lot on the road

james
    Free Member

I rode my 2.35″ 60a folding (not the single ply one) high rollers on the road yesterday for an extended period (35/45psi) and was very suprised at how fast rolling they are

I suspect you’re willing to live with something with less grip offroad in order to be even faster on the road though?

loddrik
    Free Member

Ideally would like a good compromise, the last 2.35s I had were Swampthings, superb off road but horrendous on

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

High rollers arent too bad, just make sure you get single plys and the hard compound ones, otherwise it feels like your riding through tar

bomberman
    Free Member

i’ve got the 60a folding high roller as a front wheel it’s pretty light too as well as fast rolling. i’ve also got a set of small block 8’s and they’re demon fast but no good for any wet off-roading

i’d be tempted to try something between a small block and a high roller from the maxxis line-up like a larsen TT or maxxis advantage

nodrog2
    Free Member

Been impressed with the new maxxis ardent 2.25. Fast and grippy. Only tried it on the rear so far though.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Conti MK Pros 2.4s. The ones with the Black Chilli Compound. I’ve been running them for a year and found them to be very fast rolling. My local loop has approx 6 miles of road sections and they perform fine. Grippy in most conditions apart from the dreaded sloppy mud.

willej
    higgo
    Free Member

Maxxis ADvantage or Ardent. Similar tyres with the ADvantage edging it on off-road grip while the Ardent it a smidge faster.

AndyA
    Free Member

Maxxis Advantage

solamanda
    Free Member

I’d say Maxis crossmarks. As long as you aren’t riding mud they’re dam grippy. Infact today I was swapping bikes around for 4x racing and we found highrollers offered LESS grip than the crossmarks on hardpack!!

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Had Maxxis Advantage before MK Pros and the Advantage are not as fast rolling.

mboy
    Free Member

Bontrager ACX in 2.35″ are surprisingly fast rolling (they don’t look like they should be, but they are!), grippy, pretty light, tubeless ready, and reasonably cheap. Running them on my full sus right now, very impressed with them. They’ll be staying on until it’s time to put some dual ply High Rollers on for some DH action at least!

Gordymac
    Free Member

I would say Maxxis Crossmark, fast rolling, good size(2.25), and good off road.

keavo
    Free Member

geax barro marathon

james
    Free Member

“just make sure you get single plys and the hard compound ones”

Or the 2.35″ folding ones are 150-200g lighter (per tyre) than the single-ply(wire) ones

2.25″ Crossmarks are just over 700g. The 2.1″ is about 500g-600g depending on whether its wire or folding, 70a or 62a. They ride well, just not so good in mud

hicksville
    Free Member

Maxxis advantage for me, very drifty in mud but you know where they are going, if that makes sense, quick on firetrack and road

rbmccunn
    Free Member

Geax Sturdy Freeride/XC Tyre 2.25 Folding. Roll fast, they are light, Great grip when you need it, not had any punctures in over a year, and they are cheap! Big profile and more like a 2.5 wide tyre, you will need to check clearance, if they fit though they are excellent!

anc
    Free Member

Schwable Fat Alberts roll well and offer excellent grip and durablity

ozzybmx
    Free Member

I have 2.35 small block 8’s on and they are super fast ! But they are murder to seal with stans due to the thin porus sidewalls. It took me 200ml of stans to seal them up, this was over a 3 weeks period too .

I have just bought a set of Larsen TT dual ply 60a tyres , got them off the net …. they weigh 1010g per tyre 😯 im having second thoughts on putting them on now as 1kg of rolling weight at each end is a lot for trail riding.

steve_b77
    Free Member

How about Maxxis Ignitor Exception Folding, they’re pretty damm fast on hardpack adn general trail duties and roll really well on t’road too

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Fast rolling 2.35 tyre?’ is closed to new replies.