Viewing 5 posts - 201 through 205 (of 205 total)
  • Faslane
  • scotroutes

Couldn’t we just pile up some flatties on deck and skim them into submission?

piemonster

Well, on balance that suggestion seems approximately as sensible as Scotland retaining a nuclear equipped blue water navy.

Northwind

Junkyard – lazarus

I do agree in general but the problem is the current pro union govt will not bee seen as negotiating for the break up pre vote.

In fact, it’s been pretty clear (and unsurprising) that the government are perfectly happy to deride the Yes campaign for not giving solid answers, while simultaneously withholding the essential information needed to give said answers, and releasing scare stories and dubious “facts” instead.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m trying to think of what Scotland would want with Trident and a big ass blue water navy.

A seat on the Security Council, and the chance to randomly threaten England whenever we have had a few drinks – what’s not to like?

Looking at it that way, no way are you getting the nukes back, we’re keeping them 😉

piemonster

Im not convinced the UK will retain that seat in the decades to come, at least not with it’s current level of influence.

And t be honest, as mentioned before in the thread id prefer that target being a bit further away. I reckon Lulworth Cove would be a good spot.

Viewing 5 posts - 201 through 205 (of 205 total)

The topic ‘Faslane’ is closed to new replies.