Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Fashion sense……or lack of,
  • ton

as you get older.

do you care about fashion, or what you look like?
    or are you up to date with the latest style, or are you a comfort 1st kinda person.

matt_outandabout

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

never liked fashion ,just wear what I like and I think suits me

Cougar

Older? I don’t think I’ve ever cared about fashion.

TBH, I’m kinda struggling as to what to wear as I get older. Can I still carry off Invader Zim tee-shirts at 40?

wwaswas

mr potatohead in clothes he likes, earlier;

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

yes i like to, looking good, smart, well turned out is vastly underrated.

andrewh
    Free Member

Never bothered me when I was young.
    Don’t understand fashion, and don’t care.
    To me Gore-tex is a designer label.
    The people who judge me by how I look aren’t the kind of people I want to know.
    I do like hats though, and have many. Are wooly hats fashionable nowadays?

binners

Someone attempting to be ‘fashionable’ as they get older is actually so tragically misguided, they’re deserving of our pity. Actually… Thats bollox. lets point at them and laugh instead 😆

I picked up my kids up from school and one of the other dads, same age as me (wrong side of 40). was in full on down-wit-da-kids Nathan Barley get up. This is in Manchester’s Media Enclave, so is to be expected

He was wearing a pair of jeans like these here with your-crotch-around-your-knees. And was dressed like one of JLS

At 40!!! FFS!!! He looked absolutely bloody ridiculous!!!

zippykona

I struggle on holiday.
    Shorts,t shirt ,bucket hat and those trainers with holes in.
    I look exactly like what I am. An Englishman on holiday. Bad bad bad.
    Thing is, if you put a French wing suit nutter in my clothes he would look cool.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

you can’t beat wearing a nice suit to something where everyone else thinks they made an effort by wearing a polo shirt and there best jeans….

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Style and fashion are two different things…

a pair of jeans like these here with your-crotch-around-your-knees.

They look like the wearer has put a sweatshirt on the wrong end.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Surely there is a difference between being fashionable and following the same fashions as a teenager?

matt_outandabout

muppetWrangler – indeed…

RustySpanner

I’ve been rockin’ the ‘Bag of manure loosely tied in the middle’ look since my teenage years.

See no need to change now.

Various women have made an effort over the years, but in all honesty I can make the most beautifully cut, expensive piece of clothing look like it’s been through the digestive tract of a sick donkey.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m the wrong side of 40 and sitting here wearing a hoodie. I mostly wear skate shoes. How sad am I?

JAG

I wear a smart, short sleeved, shirt and smart-casual trousers to work.

…then go home and put on the same pair of jeans and t-shirt I’ve been wearing for the last week 😈

My wife despairs of me 8)

edlong
    Free Member

I don’t follow fashion, never have.

I set it, baby.

madjak
    Free Member

So what, you can’t wear a hoodie if your over 40?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m the wrong side of 40 and sitting here wearing a hoodie. I mostly wear skate shoes. How sad am I?

Depends, a few people can carry it off

alfabus
    Free Member

I wear a smart, short sleeved, shirt and smart-casual trousers to work.

bus driver?

madjak
    Free Member

Oh no, I’ve got 2 years to buy a new wardrobe from the Officers Club 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

At 31 I’m making a conscious effort to dress better, but by better I mean less baggy jeans and hoody, more cords and shirts/ tops etc. TBH, I’m shopping more and more in Marks and spencers!

Since I took my nose rings out in 2003 I’ve not really “got” fashion, I tend to just wear slightly too big jeans, tightish polo shirt and some skate shoes!

binners

Thats fine. I suspect most of us do. A hoodie and skate shoes I’d say is age appropriate. Thats hardly hight fasion, is it? But what I’m on about is that whole skinny jeans/baggy arse thing etc that is clearly aimed at 20 year olds, and just looks ludicrous on someone twice that age

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m shopping more and more in Marks and spencers!

you’ve gone too far, it’s easy done but you need to back up a couple of steps before it’s too late and you find yourself in BHS

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

binbins, some of us can carry off skinny jeans.

And some of us need to be carried off if found wearing them.

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the endorsement, binners. I feel a whole lot better about myself now. It’s just the hopping up and down stuff on a unicycle which is age-inappropriate then (I didn’t actually own any skate shoes until I was over 40 and started riding a uni!)

Ringo
    Free Member

I’ve always worn skate shoes baggy jeans hoodies etc I’m 36 I will carry on wearing it as it’s what I’m comfortable in, I don’t own a suit or a shirt and would not dream if wearing them

fasthaggis

Getting older = less fashion + more style shirley ?

watsontony
    Free Member

im 22 and i dont care about fashion. I wear what i like to not what trendy at the min. most of the time i am wearing jeans or tracksuit bottoms or waterproofs with a water proof jacket and tee shirt maybe a hoody. 90% of the time i am on my bike if i had a car i might choose to wear other more “trendy” clothing.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can I still carry off Invader Zim tee-shirts at 40?

Given that you look about 17, then yes you can.

Anyway, it’s currently fashionable not to care, so knock yourself out.

willard

Don’t so fashion. If for no other reason than I hate shopping for clothes, so tend to purchase things that will both last and will stubbornly get classified as classic or normal. Hence 501s or Craghoppers with approach shoes or brogues for work with either a T-shirt or polo shirt.

Anything else means a suit and tie. I’m not that good at smart casual.

philconsequence
    Free Member

as long as you’re not stuck in a dead end job working for McMeatys Cougar, i’d say you’ll be ok.

steveoath
    Free Member

Fashion is something so ugly it has to be changed every 15 minutes but style is something versatile &
    in the way you move & in the way you smile &
    I’ll stress the point
    time to blow the joint
    expose the pose to keep on your toes.

Senser “what’s going on?”

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Being severely colour blind, fashion was never something I could get into – WTF is Taupe, Mushroom, Teal etc? I do blue, black, green & grey end of. (green may be red but who cares)

The only moment of fashion joy recently was horrifying my eldest when I dug out a pic of me in my skinny jeans from ’76, seams taken in, worn with Converse boots, torn T shit and leather jacket – the only 2 differences between us were that his T shirt was not torn and my belt was above my thighs.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Fashion is a highly successful way of extracting hard earned cash from gullible people.

Cougar

Given that you look about 17, then yes you can.

(-:

sadexpunk

tis a very good question. ive always looked at old codgers at the seaside with their white socks and sandals, my dads also guilty of awful fashion sense. cheap, stiff collared shirts with tracky bottoms and sandals etc..
    it makes me ask myself were they always like that? will i end up like that? do they honestly not realise or care how they look?

me? i always try to look what i perceive as smart, in a style that i think suits my age. none of yer chavvy jeans with G-STAR in massive letters across me ar*e or owt, but just smart polo shirts and jeans from ‘middle of the range’ mens shops. duck and cover, that sort of thing. and i honestly think ill try and look good for the rest of my life. as i get even older, mebbes duck and cover will be off limits, who knows. maybe there just arent any smart clothes for codges! 😀

samuri
    Free Member

As I get older, I get angrier and angrier about young people’s fashion.
    Especially blokes.
    Trainers with a suit!
    A t shirt is not smart! Neither are stupid jeans!

If I can see your undies, you’re not fully dressed!

Oi! You! Do you shoes up and take that hat off when you’re indoors!

molgrips
    Free Member

smart polo shirts and jeans

Sorry. Thanks for playing.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

Oi! You! Do you shoes up and take that hat off when you’re indoors!

What is the issue people have with a hat indoors?? I like me hats and they keep me lugs warm. I’ll wear it indoors if I like, even if it int fashion. And me shoes are always done up, so baaaa! 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Fashion sense……or lack of,’ is closed to new replies.