Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Farting on Planes?
  • lodious
    Free Member

I was the victim of some horrendous, disgusting farting on a flight last week. Yesterday I took a flight where I have to admit that due to ingesting a large quantity of beans in a chicken burrito prior to the flight, I produced some pretty bad gas myself.

Is it acceptable to fart on planes?

PS – I travel coach class so i’m not likely to be bothering CFH with any gas.

lazybike
    Free Member

No matter where you may be….always let your wind go free.

willard

No. NO. NONONONONONONONO!

Enclosed space? Recycled air? It’s like shoving tiny bits of poo up the noses of every passenger on the plane.

You should have bottled it up until you could bear it no more, then waddled to the toilet and let rip there.

Sicko.

thepurist

Boyle’s Law innit? Cabin pressure is less than atmospheric pressure, so all that gas inside just expands and has to find a way out. So you have to fart – it’s the (gas) law.

BigJohn

The lower than usual cabin pressure, and the reluctance of airlines to pipe in fresh air means that by the end of a 7 hour flight over 10% of what you breathe is recycled poogas.

dannyh
    Free Member

Lots of fans above the seats, though, so relatively easy to get away with it………………..

I still want someone to invent air-additives that turn red when someone farts – it’d be great to see the number of people that are holier than thou outwardly, but let out a cheeky parp when they think they can get away with it.

Houns

I’m surprised you can smell anything up there. Hence why airline food is full of salt etc as pressure effects taste/smell

Recycled air is an urban myth, the air is taken in from inlets around the engine

The truth about cabin air

lodious
    Free Member

I’m surprised you can smell anything up there.

It’s a nice thought, but alas…they really did stink.

Daffy

Houns – Member

Recycled air is an urban myth, the air is taken in from inlets around the engine

Not quite. Usually only 50% of the air is taken from the bleed air system (the rest is recirculated) and this can be lowered to as little as 15-20% in order to extract the maximum possible efficiency from the engines.

The B787 has no bleed air at all from the engines, instead using dedicated compressors.

Mantastic
    Free Member

You should have cupped one and passed it to the stranger on the next seat

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @ Lodious!

In Business Class, no one can hear you trump! 😉

Of course it’s acceptable to fart on a plane! I find the best approach is to stroll downstairs, head towards the blunt, cramped end, stroll around, squeeze one out incognito and then saunter back upstairs and have some more Chablis.

😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Why bother going for a stroll amongst the ‘proles when you can simply trump away under the complimentary blanket, wrap it up and stuff it in your virtually empty overhead locker. Don’t even have to miss a sip of the G&T stash in your personal pod!

chewkw
    Free Member

Try flying for 14 hours with someone letting out gas most of the time … 😡

Having said that try letting one out just as you get out from the lift … 😆 … no way to run!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

However, farting in an empty lift and sending it back down? Marvellous!

Cheesy, upstairs, one doesn’t use the overheads. Side lockers by the seat. So, it would be too close to one’s Port. Can’t be having that. So, a trouser trumpet amongst the great unwashed it is.

😉

lodious
    Free Member

OK CHF, next time i’m gonna storm the top deck with an ass full ‘o gas 😉

Coach Class fights back!

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

However, farting in an empty lift and sending it back down? Marvellous!

Yeap! That’s the idea especially when all of them rush in only to be met by some incredibly powerful bodily gas that make tears rolling down their cheeks. 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

No one is seriously suggesting that one should not fart for the duration of a flight are they?

Most flights are at least one hour, so even on the quickest flight every passenger is guaranteed to fart at least 3 times.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

next time i’m gonna storm the top deck with an ass full ‘o gas

Coach Class fights back!

Ah, I see! So that’s why they call it Cattle Class!

😉

especially when all of them rush in only to be met by some incredibly powerful bodily gas that make tears rolling down their cheeks

And they have NO IDEA who did it! 🙂 Farting in a lift, wrong on so many levels. 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

So, a trouser trumpet amongst the great unwashed it is.

Is this the stationary executive’s equivalent of me going through to ask the Inspector a trivial law question every time I need to chuck one out?

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    And they have NO IDEA who did it! Farting in a lift, wrong on so many levels.

You got to do it while no one sees you leaving the lift. Just stick your backside into the lift before it closed. Oh ya … watch out for the CCTV as they might start calling you smelly so and so.

Anyway, once you have set up your lethal bodily gas trap … watch them in action. Bam! Tears start rolling! 😆

That will learn the for using “my private” lift … :mrgreen:

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

CFH, side bins only on the window seats upstairs, aisle has the overhead, but you have it to yourself! My small bag and 1 big bottle of hendricks was rather lost in it the other week

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

True, Cheesy, but 62A or 62K are the pick. Window plus exit aisle. Tidy.

Am on 62k for next redeye back from the East Coast US. Which is nice. I shall, of course, fart away during the flight.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I seem to get 61B and 61J, no idea why. Still better that than being downstairs!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Hmm, odd that we went from farting in aircraft to farting in lifts.

I was at some airport, and was on the third floor waiting foe the lift to take me to the ground floor. Lift arrives, chap gets out, I get in, doors close.

Then it hits me. A real thick stomach churning gagger of a stench. But worse was to come.

The lift reached the ground floor, doors opened, and I was met by hoards of luggage trolley pushing passengers all clambering to get in. I made very slow progress against the traffic, with all of the passengers now eyeing me with repugnant disgust.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gold or silver card? I’m the former and pick seats at booking. Trust me, if you can get 62a/k, they’re the pick!

62a

Mind you, 4a on a 777 isn’t bad, either!

wallop

Is that a Daily Torygraph on the seat there? Pleurgh!

djglover
    Free Member

I’ve released some dreadfully potent gusts aboard planes, never caused a problem as the airflow takes them away, from me at least

wallop

I can’t smell anything on planes, so I always fart. Nothing like spreading your poo particles about!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I can’t smell anything on planes, so I always fart. Nothing like spreading your poo particles about!

For some, might not just be poo! 😉

globalti
    Free Member

Is this the same as skiers who fart really stinkily in cable cars early in the day?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wallop, well it’s hardly going to be the Graun, is it? 🙂

wallop

Not upstairs, no 😆

hora
    Free Member

My farts are like velcro. Everytime I sly one out EVERYONE wants to come up close and start conversation.

maxtorque

WindBreaks on a plane………..

maxtorque

BTW, where is this mythical “upstairs” i hear people talking about?

brakes
    Free Member

you’ve just got to hunker down in your seat really hard, leaving no air gap, and install the fart in the cushion. with any luck, when you do stand up the farturated seat will release its bilious tide of heavy pooticles nice and slowly for the delictation of your fellow passengers. hopefully they’ll still be chewing on it when your return to your seat.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Mantastic – Member
    You should have cupped one and passed it to the stranger on the next seat

Ahhhh.

Commonly know as “the glove of love” amongst some around these parts!

huws
    Free Member

My flights for work tomorrow are on easyjet. FML 😥

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Huws, no upstairs on a 777! That one was an upgrade. T shirt, jeans, unshaven, just an upgrade. Nice.

samuri
    Free Member

Flying back from Denver, I found myself with 5 hours to burn at New York airport. Business class so I go to the business class lounge for a few drinkies. There’s this chap making free burritoes in the lounge so I have a couple off him. They’re a bit spicy.

And clearly a bit dodgy….

Halfway over the Atlantic my guts start churning. I must have made about 6 trips to the toilet during the rest of the flight and was pretty much farting for England in between. Even if I rushed out of the toilet and quickly shut the door, the smell would pervade the expensive business class area. 2 grand a ticket and they had to smell my shit.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Farting on Planes?’ is closed to new replies.