Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Farnham – Swinley Route
  • umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a decent off-road route from Farnham/Aldershot area to Swinley? I’ve got a rough draft but I feel it could be improved.

theotherjonv

Farnham or Aldershot?

From Farnham I’d go Caesar’s Camp / Long valley (but beware, starting to be fenced and gated off in places) aiming for the canal path at Eelmoor or Norris.

Pyestock / Fleet Pond to cros the railway to the road then there’s a footpath connection at Little Bramshot Farm to get you onto a track that gets you across the motorway and onto the southern end of Minley.

Then loads of options from the other side of Minley to cross Yateley Common aiming in the end for the road that cuts across the Trilakes area into Sandhurst, from there you are aiming for the Edgbarrow reserve and a b/way that crosses it that continues the other side of the road across Wildmoor Heath and into Swinley / Crowthorne Woods by the green gate / start of Seagull.

From Aldershot, you can do canal to Pyestock and then the same, or alternatively do canal to Deepcut, north over Porridgepot / Old Windmill Hill (if the gates aren’t closed yet to Colony gate, north up the the edge of the danger area / Chobham Ridges and then into Swinley near the mast on Olddean common.

shortcut

What Jon said!!

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Sounds good, cheers!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bookmarked. My brother lives in Farnham so useful to know this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Farnham – Swinley Route’ is closed to new replies.