Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Farnborough: Aviation geeks
  • allthepies
    Free Member

It’s PR day for Farnborough airshow today. Some flying things around between 11am-3pm. Red arrows display, Airbus A350, Eurofighters flypast + other stuff apparently.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ta! May have to be in the garden later, then!

allthepies
    Free Member

CFH, Farnborough ? Slumming it these days ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Heaven forbid! No, am away from Farnborough, but likely to be able to see some of it from the garden depending on flight patterns.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Noisy day in the office for me then.

funkhouser
    Free Member

wheres your office Jef?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Fleet Business Park, bottom of Beacon Hill.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Meh – working.

I’ll ask the cats how it was when I get home.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Slightly OT, but the JSF will be at Fairford later this year.

mudshark
    Free Member

I lived in Farnborough for a while and watching all the planes come in for a show was a great experience as some of the pilots seemed to show off a bit – saw this Airbus looking like it was kinda hanging in the air at 45 degrees. Best thing though was seeing a Harrier going backward/sideways/in whatever direction it wanted.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thanks for that ATP. Might pop up on to the Hogs back for a view.

A couple of low flying helicopters have come past already but that is not that unusual these days. Probably bombing Hankley!

allthepies
    Free Member

Public Flying Display Confirmed RAF Typhoon, Breitling Wing Walkers, Rolls-Royce Spitfire, Meteor & Vampire, Arvo Anson, Sea Harrier…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Nice one ATP. Is that list for today’s flying? Early jets are my thing. I will be keeping an eye out for those.

allthepies
    Free Member

yup, todays list (it’s a “today only” event anyway)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I don’t support radio Farnborough is working.

Where did you find the info (I am not on FB!). Going to pop up now and have lunch nearby. Thanks again for the tip!

budgierider67

Where is this info coming from? There is no Sea Harrier flying in the UK so something ain’t right there…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Best thing though was seeing a Harrier going backward/sideways/in whatever direction it wanted.

coughJSFcough

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Sitting on h back with my lunch now. All a bit quiet !!! Nice pair of buzzards and h’row in the distance but not much else yet

allthepies
    Free Member

They’ll be at lunch now 🙂

There was a prop plane up earlier.

nedrapier

Any Londonists see the Chinook buzzing round before unloading half a dozen parachutists last night?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lunch finished. Only 2 small civi jets spotted. Think I had better head back!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Just dashed to B&Q and got buzzed by a couple of Bi Planes! Nice.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Seems like I was out by and hour. Main bit was around 12 delayed from 11. No spitfire.

Nice idea though ATP and a different spot for lunch!

Sui
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member

Any Londonists see the Chinook buzzing round before unloading half a dozen parachutists last night?

that was probably rhe HAC lot doing their annual (privately funded) display for all of the toffs – it’s quite good fun. Last year one of the blokes ploughed into a load of us..

nedrapier

Yup, it was the HAC. I rode post there a bit later on as people were leaving.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Ah, that’ll explain the DC3 in D Day colours that was rumbling about above my heard when I nipped out at lunchtime 🙂

I did see the biplanes & a chinook too but the chinooks are often about

molgrips
    Free Member

I went for a run today and saw an old triplane wheeling about slowly, and there seemed to be some sort of WWII bomber on the ground. I thought maybe it was Gee Jay’s DC3 but I think it had a double tail.

Squidlord
    Free Member

There is no Sea Harrier flying in the UK so something ain’t right there

Correct. Just read on another forum that a Spanish Navy AV-8 is going to be there, so maybe that’s what they meant?

some sort of WWII bomber on the ground… I think it had a double tail

Lancaster? The RAF are sending theirs.

EDIT: official website says a Sea Harrier’s going to be there, and they should know the difference. So… I dunno.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Farnborough: Aviation geeks’ is closed to new replies.