Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Farmers spraying pesticides. Do you hold your breath?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Was out on a nice ride yesterday enjoying the sunshine, when all of a sudden my nose picked up the distinct aroma of pesticides. Upon entering the clearing there is the tractor pumping out it’s potent cocktail of shit upwind of me and the vapour was blowing right in my direction. I held the breath for as long as I could, but it was in vain and I ended up having to inhale a good few lungfuls of what ever toxic nastiness it was. Always makes me wonder whether there is potential long term damage from breathing that crap in.

wolly
    Free Member

i wouldn’t worry, you’ve probably eaten more than you’ve inhaled

itstig

I’d say don’t panic most chemicals are dissolved in hydrocarbon solvents it is probably these you can smell.Lots of sprays are given a smell to put people off from drinking them.

Muke
    Free Member

Should of taken a photo for the Tractor thread 🙂

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Are you a pest?

Nothing to worry about.
    It’s only Agent Orange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organophosphate_poisoning

d45yth
    Free Member

You’ll be fine…it would seem that you can even use strong stuff within your house. 😐

project
    Free Member

Pesticides are usually absorbed through the skin as well as the possiblity you breathe in the vapours.

Keep a look out for bits of you going brown, but then that may just be a suntan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Farmers spraying pesticides. Do you hold your breath?’ is closed to new replies.