Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Farmer jailed for hitting paralympian cyclist
  • stumpy01

Result!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-19420354

Excerpt from the link above:

GB cyclist Simon Richardson crash driver Adams jailed
    A drunk driver who ploughed into and critically injured a Paralympic champion cyclist who was out training for the 2012 Games has been jailed.
    Farmer Edward Howell Adams was found guilty of dangerous driving after knocking Simon Richardson into the air on the A48 near Bridgend last August.
    Adams, 60, of Cowbridge, was jailed for 18 months at Cardiff Crown Court.

spacemonkey
    footflaps

Amazing! Normally you can kill a cyclist and get away with 3 pts and an £80 fine, if you say you didn’t see them and anyway they were asking for it by wearing lycra outside a gym.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry a Drunk Driver who’s occupation was farming hit a cyclist. He was then jailed

tails
    Free Member

Probably only got jail due to the success of UK cycling at the moment, fully deserved though.

I nearly hit a cyclist the other day, cycling on fast road through woodland during twilight. To top it off no light and wearing camouflage jacket and dark trousers, I was close to emergency stopping!

andyl
    Free Member

heard this on the news while driving in. Good so see someone didn’t get away with it this time.

stumpy01

A bit late, true. But I scanned the first two pages of the bike forum (as it’s bike related) and found nothing relevant.
    Perhaps I should also have scanned all irrelevant titles in the chat forum too before posting, just in case…

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Brilliant! This prat lives very near me and regardless of current cycling success I’m glad he’s gone down.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

About time they started giving out lifetime bans though. I don’t see any reason why people like this guy should ever be allowed to drive again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Farmer jailed for hitting paralympian cyclist’ is closed to new replies.