Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Farm near Bradwell – anyone seen this one?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Click me

It is an absolute disgrace, loads (and i mean loads >30 old cars – Austin 7s etc) just dumped in the fields, rotting machinery all over the foot path, dumped and burnt furniture. Is their anything you can do about such shit in the countryside?

redthunder
    Free Member

So ?

Ring the council if it upsets you.

PS Is there an Allis Chalmers there by any chance ?

druidh
    Free Member

If there is danger of pollution (say from fuel tanks) then it might be worth approaching SEPA.

hh45
    Free Member

Really embarrassing to the majority of farmers. Being clean and tidy is meant to be a key test of various environmental payments (I think) but its amazing how some places get away with being such a state, crap on the road, mountains of stinking black plastic, machinery rusting into the ground and so on. That said my neighbours back garden (here in London) is full of old fridges and prams etc gently rotting away and looking like crap. Even the back of my local Waitrose is full of junk so its defo not just farmers.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

red thunder – i presume you struggle with reading?

Is their anything you can do about such shit in the countryside?

As an MTBer i enjoy the countryside, if i wanted to experience such shit i would live (wherever you do as it seems the norm to you??) in a shit hole and ride on the street.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Prefer that than the lovely cement works near by.Now that is shit in the countryside 😥

redthunder
    Free Member

@racing_ralph

“Is their anything you can do about such shit in the countryside?”

Get rid of you ?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

GTFU

redthunder
    Free Member

You started it!

I suggested you ring the council. Having junk on your property is not a crime. Unless it’s hazardous of course and affects the general public.

We have many farms around us that are dumps and many that are not. You cant make them all comply with some peoples utopian vision of the countryside.

MrSmith
    Free Member

have you thought of writing to the daily mail?
    or perhaps the express?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

do you have the address till Mr Smith? I remember your last effort about Polish immigrants eating our swans – fascinating

MrSmith
    Free Member

don’t forget the carp they eat those too.

will
    Free Member

I’d love a farm with 30+ old cars on, spend all my lift just playing about in them 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

When I am rich, I am going to buy a farm and store all manner of tat and junk on MOI laaaand. Probbly have some snarling alsatians and rottweilers too, keep the mtbers off it.

I’d quite like to concrete over an entire field actually. Call it ‘art’. Charge idiots loads of money to come and gawp at it.

i’d create energy by burning old tyres what I would get very cheaply from scrapyards and that.

I’d employ some Polish immigrants to run a Swan BBQ. Mmm, tasty Swan Burgers…

Racing Ralph would be more than welcome to come and visit, because that’s the nice, caring, loving kind of person I really am. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No sorry it’s not very nice of me, I shouldn’t do such nasty things. 🙁

thepodge
    Free Member

I say well done RR for wanting to help clear places up. there are far too many scruffs in this land.

wwaswas

there are far too many scruffs in this land

*guiltily polishes shoes on backs of trouser legs*

ahwiles
    Free Member

dobiejessmo – Member

Prefer that than the lovely cement works near by.Now that is shit in the countryside

er, i quite like the cement works…

honestly i really do.

unless you live in a mud hut, there’s a fair chance that the convenience of your modern life is in some way reliant upon cement. it’s got to come from somewhere, and some of it comes from Castleton.

it provides local people with jobs, and i mean real jobs, digging money out of the ground jobs.

the landscape that you see when you look around the hope valley is almost entirely man-made, evidence of human industry is everywhere.

(dry stone walls, roads, houses, forgotten mine workings, the almost total lack of trees, etc, etc.)

yay for the cement works!

Pieface

Knock on his door and have a word.

kaesae
    Free Member

In all things we should try and keep balance, the countryside should be as clean a place as possible, there are good points on both sides of the argument.

As for insulting each other, if you have to convince someone that their view point isn’t of any value, simply because it comes from them ❓

Rather than on the merits of the argument, I doubt very much that any matter will be evaluated or a clear course of action if any is possible determined.

Ya dicks.

Pieface

Why should the countryside be any tidier than the cities?

Its all endemic of the freedom with no responsibility rub

finbar
    Free Member

Why should the countryside be any tidier than the cities?

Exactly. I bet if i parked a load of rusty crappy broken cars in my garden in urban Sheffield the neighbours and council would have something to say about it.
    +1 to racing ralph.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

never said it should be \Will but as its an area of outstanding natural beauty and a national park it should be policed a little more rigorously. In teh city its more obvious if its shitty as the streets are just that – how many fields are their in sheffield that are 1km from a visible road?

BadlyWiredDog

I have a bit of a soft spot for run-down farms littered with rusting 1960s cars – it’s mildly reassuring, like a real-life manifestation of the Dingles from Emmerdale or the Grundys on the Archers.

Is the Sheffield fields thing a trick question? And do they have invisible roads round there?

finbar
    Free Member

R-R reread my post, i was agreeing with you. Maybe i didn’t make my point very well. Someone said the countryside shouldn’t be held to any higher standard of cleanliness than the city. Quite aside from whether you agree with that or not (which i don’t – think about why we have National parks. So parts of the country can remain nice while we ruin the rest), it’s not the case anyway:

If you used your garden in a nice urban area as a tip, i’m sure you would get told to sort it out / prosecuted pretty quickly.

But evidently if you have loads of acres off a quiet road in the countryside (i.e. the farm the OP linked to ) apparently it’s okay.

SiB
    Free Member

looks like two tanks near to the bend in to the farm when you zoom in, be careful. The start of a museum maybe?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

fin – was aimed at pieface

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its the farmers land not yours. Is there a hazard to the public? are rights of way blocked?

A farm is a working place not a park.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

With a farmer’s income you’d have thought he/she would have no issue paying for all that junk to be carted away and…erm…stuck in a landfill somewhere else.

18bikes

I just had a little laugh at this thread, when I first saw it I didn’t click on the link as I “knew” which farm he was talking about, just looked at the link and I was thinking of the one slightly further south that’s arguably more spread out and scruffy. I view it as a museum that’s not been restored/built yet

Matt

racing_ralph
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Its the farmers land not yours. Is there a hazard to the public? are rights of way blocked?

A farm is a working place not a park.

POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

In answer to your questions – YES AND YES

lardhelliwell
    Free Member

I love the cement works,i work there and live 500 yds away.
    If the old cars in the field offend you so much,don’t go past?
    You never know when you might need a part for an Austin seven?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What hazard to the public? You mean you cannot get down the rights of way any more at all?

really?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

they are blocked in patches by rotting 3 piece suites and also rusing hulks of trailers etc.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If the ROW is blocked then you have a council officer to complain to who has the power to ensure that theya re not blocked.

You really mean you could not get past and had to turn back?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i mean we had to move OFF the ROW to get past/round things

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

its not blocked then

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Farmer in not-bothered-about-keeping-ROW-clear shocker. Last time I had one of those I ended up stranded knee deep in silage with my 1 year old in a papoose on my back.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

TJ in must-pick-up-on-the-minutiae-and-therefore-deflect-from-the-general-principle-at-stake shocker.

(sorry TJ, just feeling a little playful today. No offence intended)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

TJ – whatever

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Farm near Bradwell – anyone seen this one?’ is closed to new replies.