Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Farewell to freezing fingers?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Heated grips!

The ad in the US is rather funny, as it talks about the temperature being at a chilly 38F. Which is a little over 3C. Not exactly cold by our standards!

That said, an interesting idea. As are heated inserts for shoes, a la skiing.

alpin
    Free Member

****!

i've drawn up some sketches and ideas for heated grips. not going t tell you how they might work just in case…..

the GF is a product designer and she/we know people who could do this properly – a friend works at Ergon, another at Ortlieb.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have used BMW heated grips on the motorbike and they are fairly ineffective. as soon as you put your fingers on the levers you loose #almost all the heat and its only a part of the palms that get the heat anyway.

IdleJon

integrates the latest micro-processing with multiple temperature sensors to create the first INTELLIGENT grip – that read your temperature and constantly adjusts – to not only keep you warm, but keep you comfortable.

And all for $9.95. What a bargain!

gusamc
    Free Member

handlebar muff – well got me from Christchurch to Barnet in the bleak midwinter with some feeling in motorbike hands

Also seem milk six pinters used on enduro bikes, fix them to lever guards and you've got wind/waterproof covers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, perhaps the idea is a pair of those things that sit over the whole bar assembly on a motorbike (name?) and a pair of heated grips inside. Am sure one could get hands out quickly enough in a crash. Also, I tend not to ride really techy stuff in really cold weather. Might be an idea!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I'd have heated grips on a motorcycle, tried it with one working and one not, the difference was I could still use the front brake a good hour or two after the clutch became painfull to use!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I'm selling some Gore winter gloves in the classifieds, which probably work better than heated grips.

bassspine
    Free Member

I had brush cutters on my BMW F650GS and with the heated grips my hands were toasty warm. The 'cutters kept enough of the wind off my hands to make a real difference. I had to turn them up to full when it got below -5C…
    I do know a chap in Norway who rides all year round. He has an upgraded alternator to power heated grips, socks, waistcoat and !heated visor!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CFH – muffs they are known as

djglover
    Free Member

Mmm warm muff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Farewell to freezing fingers?’ is closed to new replies.