Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Farage to stay as Dear Leader
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

A politician, not sticking to his/her word…Nooo gerraway with yer, No politician, of any political party would do that.
    They all do exactly as they say they will, all of the time.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Farage resigned, the executive committee refused to accept his resignation, he decided to withdraw it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Farage resigned, the executive committee refused to accept his resignation

So he didn’t resign then 🙄

The best you can say is that he offered his resignation.

But that’s not what he said he would do. He didn’t say “if I fail to get elected as a UKIP MP I will offer my resignation and see what happens” he said “I will resign”.

Nigel Farage is a more slippery **** than most politicians. No one expects Ed Miliband or Nick Clegg to change their minds after announcing their resignations, but no one seems very surprised that Farage has. Says it all really.

footflaps

Without Farage, UKIP was disappear back into obscurity…

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

I think what they can’t accept is his barefaced lie.

He said he would resign. He didn’t say anything about resigning “if they let me”.

The geezer is a slippery **** who only stands out because he’s even more slippery than most politicians.

😆 Bloody hell talking about determination but your spin is rather poor I am afraid.

Look at the video clip at Margate when he announced to the media that he would “stand down” then you can spin as much as you like. Ya, try to put as much negative spin as you can on that …

😆

footflaps – Member

Without Farage, UKIP was disappear back into obscurity…

Not really a bad thing provided they can get someone who is more sophisticated to replace him. His “in your face” way of saying things is a bit too strong for many but if he could tone it down a little then things will be different. But I like this “in your face” way of saying things because you see the person as s/he is …

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

your spin is rather poor I am afraid.

Yes of course. I am deliberately misrepresenting what Nigel Farage said.

The consequences of me failing to secure a seat for myself in the Commons would be significant for me and the party. It is frankly just not credible for me to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat of my own. What credibility would Ukip have in the Commons if others had to enunciate party policy in Parliament and the party leader was only allowed in as a guest? Am I supposed to brief Ukip policy from the Westminster Arms? No – if I fail to win South Thanet, it is curtains for me. I will have to step down.

– Neil Farage 15 Mar 2015

I wonder what he really meant ?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

OKay, I did overlook the word “over”

..and the number “20”
    ..as well as the difference between “resign” and “not resign”, but you don’t just believe political spin, you believe ukip spin which says everything that needs to be said.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

It is frankly just not credible

Just lose one letter

jambalaya
    Free Member

Jeremy Hunt Mk2 – BBC today, UKIP’s personality cult 🙂

link

chewkw
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member

OKay, I did overlook the word “over”

..and the number “20”[/quote]

Bloody hell you lot are really anal … 😆

..as well as the difference between “resign” and “not resign”, but you don’t just believe political spin, you believe ukip spin which says everything that needs to be said.

I don’t believe in politicians.

edit: Oh ya … doesn’t matter if I got Lib Dem existence wrong. They are screwed.

ransos
    Free Member

Farage resigned, the executive committee refused to accept his resignation, he decided to withdraw it.

As I’ve already said, the committee cannot compel him to stay, so he didn’t resign. Why are you finding this hard to understand?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ransos he always said he would stand again for re-election in September. With unanimous backing from the NEC it’s clear he’d win again so he stayed.

ransos
    Free Member

Ransos he always said he would stand again for re-election in September. With unanimous backing from the NEC it’s clear he’d win again so he stayed.

He said he would stand down. He didn’t. It’s really that simple.

Dobbo

Haven’t read the thread, but I’d just like vote cast that he is a c***flap.

Nico
    Free Member

I think President Pierre Nkurunziza of Burundi is the man for UKIP leader.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why, does President Pierre Nkurunziza of Burundi know how to hold a pint and eat a bacon sandwich?

I’m assuming he knows how to grin insanely, the third indispensable requirement, most African leaders seem to.

It took several retakes to get the bacon eating right btw.

But Nigel got there in the end.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Farage to stay as Dear Leader’ is closed to new replies.