Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Farage to stay as Dear Leader
  • imnotverygood

He must be truly mortified that they have rejected his attempt to resign. Still, at least he proved to be a Man of His Word. It is so refreshing to see a politician remain a man of the people and do what he says he will do. 🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

Somewhat predictable. I thought he’d at least take the summer off and stand as leader again in September.

binners

Is he still going on his hollybobs then? A weekend in Blackpool, at least?

wwaswas

Nigel Farage in his autobiography: “It is frankly just not credible for me to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat.”

There we have it UKIP have an incredible leader.

Or is it uncredible?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Excellent

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Binners, all the cool kids are livin’ it large in Ibiza, innit?

Smart casual dress code, obviously. Jumper draped over shoulders, etc.

cynic-al
    Free Member

A bit of a clown for saying that but what else can he do – I presume no one stepped up?

Who else could lead UKIP?

binners

allthepies
    Free Member

Carswell, their sole MP. Not sure how well he eats bacon sarnies or drinks pints of beer though.

freeagent
    Free Member

Smart bit of manoeuvring on his part.
    He kept his word, and has now got 100% backing of the party, without having to clear his desk.

cynic-al
    Free Member

binners – Member

[/quote]

Yo do mean the one on the right?

Kryton57

A weekend in Blackpool, at least?

I doubt it, now Whitley bay possibly…

wwaswas

I’d send him to Scunthorpe.

miketually
    Free Member

what else can he do

Actually resign?

Smart bit of manoeuvring on his part.
    He kept his word, and has now got 100% backing of the party, without having to clear his desk.

If he resigned and then was reelected, he’d have done what he said he’d done.

Didn’t Stalin do the same?

bikebouy
    Free Member

3.5 million backed him and his party, now his party back him 100%.

Some would love to be in his position.

binners

hatter

jimbobo
    Free Member

I’d assumed he’d resign and then become chairman or something equally pointless, but this is just headline grabbing, which skip seem to be very good at!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yo do mean the one on the right?

Politically on the right is that neil or Christine?

This man does a great accent as well and true to form he is an ex tory

imnotverygood

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nigel Farage in his autobiography: “It is frankly just not credible for me to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat.”

To be fair he just needs more time. He’s had 5 attempts at becoming a UKIP MP eventually his luck has got to change and he will find a constituency where the electorate wants UKIP to represent them. How unlucky can one guy be ffs ? I see him getting lucky at a by-election soon.

As for him going back on his word he made it clear when he announced his resignation 4 days ago that he intended standing for the leadership again in September :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32633719

“But he said he would consider running for the job again when the leadership contest is held in September.”

So he was only ever going to give up the job for about 12 or so weeks.

Farage is a slippery untrustworthy public school-educated former banker who deliberately misleads people, no wonder so many people find the laughing beer-drinker a refreshing change and so different to other politicians.

aracer
    Free Member

Well quite. The party has just told him to get on with being leader instead of having an extended holiday.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

miketually – Member

If he resigned and then was reelected, he’d have done what he said he’d done.

Didn’t Stalin do the same?

I think you might be thinking of John Major :

1995: Major wins Conservative leadership

johnx2
    Free Member

His party rejected his resignation? He’s obviously lost control of them and should resign.

Think on.

Ommmmmmm….

chewkw
    Free Member

Farage to stay as Dear Leader

Excellent! More entertainment. I like!

Let’s see if Labour can top that with a good entertainer as well.

😆

tomhoward

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlhyX-4qKI[/video]

lemonysam
    Free Member

The blood letting could be starting, the party secretary has resigned, one of the MEPs who was the campaign manager has laid into Nige, apparently with backing from Carswell, and it’s all generally a bit of a mess.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-32726181

Schadenfreude much?

jambalaya
    Free Member

All part of maturing as a political party !

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

UKIP is over 20 years old. It’s only 5 years younger than the Liberal Democrat Party.

The BNP tore itself apart with personality based infighting, the NF tore itself apart with personality based infighting, UKIP is now doing the same.

mudshark
    Free Member

Don’t blame them for wanting to keep him – and he seems to enjoy the role 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Don’t blame them for wanting to keep him

I think this now very public row is because “them” don’t want to keep him. Or at least some of them don’t.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    UKIP is over 20 years old. It’s only 5 years younger than the Liberal Democrat Party.

So UKIP is 15 yr old which is considered a rather young party by comparison to many others. Even Lib Dem was a creation through the merger of two parties … It just normal political party activity there. Better to sort themselves right then go to the poll to be annihilated.

Look at Lib Dem within a short period of 20 years they are reduced to a party of insignificant even when they look so “united” in their appearance … they are gone.

What UKIP needs is to do the filtering out amongst themselves.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    UKIP is over 20 years old.

So UKIP is 15 yr old

🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In case you hadn’t noticed UKIP were sacking their candidates throughout the election campaign, right up until the last week, so there was plenty of “filtering out amongst themselves”.

Unless you mean something completely different, I tend to struggle to understand what you mean.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    UKIP is over 20 years old.

So UKIP is 15 yr old

[/quote]
    OKay, I did overlook the word “over” but being anal is good so long as it’s not playing with words. (as usual devil is in the details as I learned … typical … ) Ya, Lib Dem is insignificant and will be for a very long time.

ernie_lynch – Member

In case you hadn’t noticed UKIP were sacking their candidates throughout the election campaign, right up until the last week, so there was plenty of “filtering out amongst themselves”.

Unless you mean something completely different, I tend to struggle to understand what you mean. [/quote]

They need to be more selective of their members or candidates that run the party as they too eager to vent their frustration too quickly too soon.

They really need a good PR spin machine like those in Labour/SNP/Tories to help out.

In the long run all political parties will have very similar appeal if they want to be in power ….

mudshark
    Free Member

I think this now very public row is because “them” don’t want to keep him. Or at least some of them don’t.

Yeah some, the exec committee do apparently.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They need to be more selective of their members or candidates that run the party …

Well no one would disagree with that, but it’s easier said than done when you’re dealing with a bunch of fruitcakes loonies and closet racists.

If they start clamping down too much there won’t be anyone left in the party.

ransos
    Free Member

He said he would stand down, and he didn’t. How is that keeping his word?

(I assume you’re aware of the difference between “would you like me to resign?” and “I’m leaving”).

chewkw
    Free Member

ransos – Member

He said he would stand down, and he didn’t. How is that keeping his word?

(I assume you’re aware of the difference between “would you like me to resign?” and “I’m leaving”).

Media is spinning crazy for this because too many take the bait on Farage staying or leaving. They simply cannot accept his way of running things in his party and his personality.

😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think what they can’t accept is his barefaced lie.

He said he would resign. He didn’t say anything about resigning “if they let me”.

The geezer is a slippery **** who only stands out because he’s even more slippery than most politicians.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Farage to stay as Dear Leader’ is closed to new replies.