• This topic has 36 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Leku.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Nigel Farage nearly knocked me off my bike today.
  • Kunstler

Or his double did. I’m pretty sure it was him.

He squeezed his Bentley through a turning red light and tried to cut across me (turning right). We just stopped in the middle on the yellow grid. Can you guess his reaction?

Celebrity near misses anyone?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Were you near Downe village in Kent ?

Kunstler

Edinburgh. A few hundred yards from his little altercation in the street a couple of weeks back. Unless of course it was his double (maybe he employs one to take the punches) and you know that the real Farage was in Kent.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah he lives in Downe near Westerham Kent. My CC rides regularly stop at the cake/coffee shop there, but we’ve never seen him though. I’ve been a couple of times in the evenings to one of his local pubs too, but he’s never been there. Can’t say I’m disappointed though.

But anyway, what was his reaction ?

neninja
    Free Member

According to twitter he’s been in London and Hove today so you must have seen a double.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Did he bung you a monkey and tell you to keep schtum?

DavidB
    Free Member

I was tailgate by the bearded bloke off the Great British Bake Off on the M4 on Friday. He drives an Aston Martin, fast.

zokes
    Free Member

Is there any other way to drive an Aston?

freeagent
    Free Member

I live about a mile from Downe, I had no idea he lives around here. No shortage of Bentleys around here though, so I might have seen him about…

Kunstler

Ah right. Well, the lookalike Nige just sat there for a few seconds, not making eye contact, shaking his head (maybe in a ‘I don’t believe this crap I’m in’ kind of way). No apology, no humour. It would have been understandable for him to not want another ‘stand up’ in the street. Not that I’m the person to do that either.

aracer
    Free Member

You say he was turning to the right?

yossarian
    Free Member

globalti
    Free Member

I can top that…. friends of mine were walking up a big tree-lined avenue outside Windsor castle when an old Rover 90 came charging towards them driven by an elderly lady with a scarf on… they moved aside and only after she had passed did they realise it was Brenda.

konabunny
    Free Member

Is Farage actually rich?

piemonster

I’m disappointed that Farage doesn’t drive a Rover 75

takisawa2

I filled my car up next to Eddy the Eagle once.
    And he said Hello.

Top that one then… 8)

monkeyp

I have seen John Bentley – the older guy who used to be on the Gadget Show – over Clent a few times now. Usually early evening holding a large camera…

martinhutch

About 20 disappointed Mail journos have already viewed this thread. Fifteen of them are considering running the story anyway.

stever
    Free Member

I bought a loaf next to Chris Bonington last week, his lane discipline was very good though.

nbt

laughing at that one 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

Nicholas Crane once held my bike whilst I was struggling with the luggage rack on a train. He also stood up so a lady could have a seat.

tommyhine

monkeyp – Member

I have seen John Bentley – the older guy who used to be on the Gadget Show – over Clent a few times now. Usually early evening holding a large camera…

Bumped into him at the end of a charity ride from birmingham to milton keynes last september, very gracious and had a photo with us

simmy
    Free Member

I was once in Burger King in Blackpool and Joe Pasquale was stood next to me ordering at the next till.

Until that point, I thought his voice was an act.

Peter Kay used to stack shelves in our local Netto and I tripped over John Culshaw when he was sat on some stairs in Food Giant in Blackpool when he worked on local radio doing an outside broadcast.

ads678

I bumped into Andy off Cbeebies at a Muse gig on Saturday night, I took a photo of him and my wife (not like that) for my nearly five year old son. He was very smiley, Alex was there as well, it’s nice that they’re friends off screen too.

When I showed my lad the photo the next day he said, “I didn’t realise he was real”.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i nearly ran-over (with my bike) Nick Clegg.

he ran across the road to the ‘5-star’ chip shop in Crookes, Sheffield.

i was doing around 8mph, so it could have been nasty…

warton
    Free Member

I saw the small guy out of Bentley Rhythm Ace, buying some cheese in a cheese shop.

brakes
    Free Member

DavidB said:

He drives an Aston Martin

I’m surprised you don’t, given your username.

amodicumofgnar

I don’t think I’ve seen / met / stood next to anyone famous doing anything for a while.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

30 or so years ago Rowan Atkinson stopped rather briskly at a pedestrian crossing I was on in Newcastle. He was in his Aston with Lesley Ash, his GF at the time, in the passenger seat. Think they were on the way to The Tube.

brakes
    Free Member

my pregnant wife was crossing a zebra crossing in Angel and Boris J. just piled straight on through on his bicycle.
    or so she said…. I think it may have been his brother.

bigbadbob
    Free Member

I was sat next to Timmy Mallet at a Prince concert in 1988. I was so tempted… but I held back.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Linford Christie once stood behind me in queue in Marks and Spencer. His shopping was considerably healthier than my selection which I think explains why he was Olympic, World and European champion, whilst I never got further than holding the school record for the 800 metres.

Harry_the_Spider

Robert Mugabe was in Armstrong’s Chippy in Prestwich at the weekend.

Beat that.

BigJohn

I was once in Burger King in Blackpool and Joe Pasquale was stood next to me ordering at the next till.

He speaks very highly of you.

Kunstler

My dad nearly drove into Prince Phillip who staggered out of a hedgerow while on a pheasant shoot on the Sandringham estate. Usually in these situations it’s the pedestrian who is considered to have had the lucky escape but my dad was quite pleased to get away from an armed and grumpy prince.

tang
    Free Member

I nearly ran over (in my car) Danien Hurst(his studio is round the corner) He just walked right out in front of me.

Leku
    Free Member

My mum hid behind a bush to avoid talking to Mary Robinson (President of Ireland at the time).

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Nigel Farage nearly knocked me off my bike today.’ is closed to new replies.