Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • F.A.O whoever deals with the weather…
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Not sure who distributes the weather in this country.. Michael Fish maybe?

Anyway… Just so you know it’s May for gods sake..

Anytime you want to raise the temperature above 12 degrees, stop this incessant strong wind that has blown for about 3 weeks now and enough of the hale stones and monsoon type rain.

Last year at this time it was 25 degrees, clear blue skies and not a breath of wind. It feels like we are still in winter, which in turn makes it feel like it has been winter for about 9 months.

PLEASE can we have a summer that lasts more than 3 minutes this year… I’m bored of this crap weather!

Global warming you say?????

Aye.. Gone one!

Ps.. They call it “climate change” now because they realised they can’t fool us with the “global warming” whopper when it is struggling to make mid teens in the temperature stakes in the Summer.

And breath..

zippykona

On the travel news I heard the words ” snow gates closed”.
    It will start getting dark in a month Ffs.

grum
    Free Member

Sunny here today, was sunny yesterday too on my night ride in Grizedale, and we had a glorious sunny ride on Sunday. Sun, sunny sun sun.

Yes it’s not particularly warm but the weather has been ok recently IMO.

roverpig

I was riding up on Bennachie last night (a pimple by Scottish mountain standards) and it was bloody snowing.

Mind you, anybody who thinks that an increase in the average temperature of the planet has to mean that it is hotter everywhere all the time should really think a bit more, but that’s a conversation for another day and another board I guess.

grum
    Free Member

Mind you, anybody who thinks that an increase in the average temperature of the planet has to mean that it is hotter everywhere all the time should really think a bit more, but that’s a conversation for another day and another board I guess.

Been posted roughly a million times on these threads but:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQlHaGhYoF0[/video]

glupton1976
    Free Member

Aye – the snow gates are closed between Cockbridge and the Lecht – should make for an interesting wee jaunt on Saturday on the Snow Roads audax.

1981miked
    Free Member

Hmm… Is it possible to get loads of big massive boats and tugs, connect some huge chains to them and attatch to some massive ground anchors then haul this whole county down nearer the equator ?

Got to be some better weather going on down there..

Maybe we should sign a petition and send it to somebody important… God, Mother Nature, Easter bunny, tooth fairy, the gruffalo?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Last year at this time it was 25 degrees, clear blue skies and not a breath of wind.

Well here, 1 year ago, it had been raining solidly for about 6 weeks, and it was only just getting started.

1981miked
    Free Member

Well funnily enough the week after this it started here..

It’s either cold, wet and windy
    Cold
    Wet
    Windy
    Or mild, wet and windy..

Seek oh it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Aye it was bloody freezing on the commute this morning, my hands were numb coming over the moor. There is no way I’m wearing full finger gloves on the road bike near the end of May.

West of Scotland 1981miked?

Ah obviously not after reading your latest post as its been warm and sunny this week up until todays return of winter. Still blowing a bloody gale though.

BigJohn

I was in southern Spain earlier in the week. Flipping freezing. They were wearing 2 jumpers, anoraks and wooly hats at the windsurf centre in Tarifa where we were sailing. And it snowed in Madrid last Friday.

Mind you, the wind was good.

brokensoul
    Free Member

The wind’s just been throwing hailstones at us here (Wakefield).

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Just been caught in the hailstones in York.

scotroutes

Cairngorms today…

CountZero

Maybe we should sign a petition and send it to somebody important… God, Mother Nature, Easter bunny, tooth fairy, the gruffalo?

That’ll be Tony Blair, then; he seems to think he can fix all the world’s ills… 😉

woody2000

Currentlly hailing and blowing like funk here on the outskirts of leeds. Bike computer said 2.5 degrees on the way in this morning!

Looking forward to 10 days in Spain mid June!

seadog101

Complain about British weather all you like…

Oklahoma weather anyone??

swavis

There’s nothing new about snow in the Cairngorms in May, it’ll probably snow next month too 😉

zilog6128

Complain about British weather all you like…

Oklahoma weather anyone??That is a good point. I have no problem with british weather being crappy, but generally mild!

1981miked
    Free Member

I’m in Dundee Gary,

Where in Cairngorms are they taken? We should be enjoying mid to late teens just now not shivering our arses off, it’s not even 10 degrees here in Dundee. Off on holiday this week, had some cycling planned but damned if I’m going out in gusts of 30-40mph and battling against it all day.

Sod’s law dictates that if you head into the wind to start with so you have an easier cycle home it will change direction just in time for you to do the return leg.

Tony Blair could be worth a try… He must be good for something!

woody2000

Oklahoma weather anyone?

Well, occasional massive and frequent smaller tornadoes aside, the climate looks pretty good in Oklahoma TBH. So yes please, but I’ll build my house out of bricks and have a storm cellar thank you very much! 😉

ahwiles
    Free Member

the north pole melted last summer, umpteen trillion tonnes of ice-cold water poured into the northern oceans.

i reckon it’ll be a cold and crap summer.

(i’m not a weather-ologist)

piemonster

It’s sunny in Dundee

piemonster

Mowed the lawn this morning

piemonster

Come of think of it, was in the Sidlaws last night. That was sunny too, couple of squally showers about but they all missed me.

officialtob
    Free Member

It will start getting dark in a month Ffs.

Depressing comment of the day 🙁

ps44
    Free Member

You’ll need to tell the sun. Solar cycle 24 just never lit up properly.

swavis

Where in Cairngorms are they taken?

That bridge is at the basestation of the railway

http://www.cairngormmountain.org/

piemonster

Glenshee has some snow http://www.ski-glenshee.co.uk/Webcam

Junkyard
    Free Member

They call it “climate change” now because they realised they can’t fool us with the “global warming” whopper when it is struggling to make mid teens in the temperature stakes in the Summer.

And breath..

Have you seen what countries lie at the same point as us?
    the polar caps melting and the shift of the Gulf stream may lead to us having colder weather and worse winters despite the temperature increasing

PS Its a global average not your weather that climate change refers to

I think it has been OK weather but not warm but sunny
    I would take this over the wet crap we had last year

grum
    Free Member

Wondered who the hell you were quoting then – so some people actually read the whole of the OP eh? Well I never. 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Yesterday, the wimmin in next door office were discussing Christmas secret santa, booking meals etc.

_tom_
    Free Member

Got hailed on as I was walking back to work at lunch today :\ , bloody sick of this weather, its so so shite.

grum
    Free Member

I honestly don’t know what you’re all moaning about – the hailstorm has passed here and it’s sunny again. 🙂

tinybits
    Free Member

Down in the sunny southwest I was a bit shocked to see a shower as I went out to the car to get some grub. It’s been mostly dry for the past couple of months now, dusty fast trails and a load of fun!

It’s grim up north, when we separate, you can keep the shite weather!

grum
    Free Member

It’s grim up north, when we separate, you can keep the shite weather!

It’s really not – I dunno where all this people live who are moaning about the weather but I’m in NW England and I reckon it’s been pretty decent for at least the last month – sunny most days, few showers here and there.

But yeah in general you have much more sunshine down south. But looking at this map the places with the least sunshine are also the only places with proper hills/mountains – swings and roundabouts eh?

Drac

And for comparison the average mean temp for May.

We only remember the hot years.

trout
    Free Member

I cant remember many hot days in Silsden west yorks over the last 5 years
    and its a balmy 10 c here at the moment

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘F.A.O whoever deals with the weather…’ is closed to new replies.